I'm not saying that the Q Awards mean nothing to them as a band. I am not Muse so therefore I can't explain their emotions. I imagine they like winning things and are humbled but stuff like the Q Awards are just big, massive piss-ups disguised as awards shows. They're not awards voted for out of artistic merit or anything - they're just popularity contests.

There you go then.

Well, I don't think they mean 'sweet fuck all'. They provide Muse with the acknowledgement that some people like and appreciate what they're doing.:) Their popularity is based on their music after all and that's where the artistic merit comes in. It's not like they're famous for having daft hairdos like Jedward (although some might say they're heading that way with the silver suits and green underpants on stage...)

It's interesting how the only people going on about vote-rigging in this thread seem to be the ones saying Muse don't deserve any of these awards. No-one who's voting for Muse has said let's rig the votes. I don't plan to. I'll wait and see what the results are and if Muse get an award, great. If they don't I won't be too bothered.:p

It's interesting how the only people going on about vote-rigging in this thread seem to be the ones saying Muse don't deserve any of these awards. No-one who's voting for Muse has said let's rig the votes. I don't plan to. I'll wait and see what the results are and if Muse get an award, great. If they don't I won't be too bothered.:p

Oh please :rolleyes: Have you seen the other threads about voting?

Why has this website got such a negative vibe to it at the moment?

I don't post often, but just reading all these countless negative posts is seriously grinding.

I know Muse have had their faults lately, but people are seriously starting to let that cloud their entire judgement of the band.

Muse were exceptional at Glastonbury, they are 10x better than 95% of the live acts out there.

Lets stop making it fashionable to just throwaway criticise Muse.

THIS.

Seriously.. they DO deserve Best Live Band.

THIS.

Seriously.. they DO deserve Best Live Band.

I don't think they do at the moment, perhaps 2 or more years ago when they were playing different setlists and weren't overly focused on lights and costumes to get a reaction.

If you were to listen to the UK arena dates back to back I'm unsure you'd be able to know which date was which- the setlists were that similar. :$

This discussion has been going on since 2001. It's nothing new, there will always be fans disappointed about something. But I agree, the negative vibe only keeps growing around here. To the point of even the band getting sick of it and getting all bitchy and sarcastic on gigs towards the board. I rarely have the energy to post here these days anymore.

NSC is up for two awards? What is this tomfoolery?

No it's not up for 2 awards but NSC and Resistance were the only 2 singles released in 2010 hence the only eligible options if someone wants to vote for Muse in the best track and best video categories.

No it's not up for 2 awards but NSC and Resistance were the only 2 singles released in 2010 hence the only eligible options if someone wants to vote for Muse in the best track and best video categories.

Ah I see, I thought somebody had lost their mind for a second.

Hey, I know! The people who want to vote should do that. If you don't want to vote, then don't. :awesome:

That's the thing, we can't say that we won't vote for Muse, because then we get a fucking shitstorm of hating over us.

That's the thing, we can't say that we won't vote for Muse, because then we get a fucking shitstorm of hating over us.

I don't think anyone needs to say anything. Just fucking vote or not, depending on your preference. :) There's plenty of other threads for arguing funtimes.

NSC is a supermassive piece of sh**, imo. Resistence is a good song but defenitely not the best of 2010.

But Muse are still the best live act out there, in my opinion. I've seen alot of concerts this year and despite all their recent flaws, they still top the rest... (But I agree that 2004/2008 was their best!!)

You're just bitter (and rightfully so) that they cancelled your concert.

My husband (who hates Muse BTW) went with me to their concert in Seattle (the one that was broadcast on Myspace) and he has seen the best of the best arena bands back in their hayday (AC/DC, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Kiss). His interpretation was that Matt was an extremely talented guitarist and they put on an amazing show. He still doesn't like them though. (Matts voice, meh!)

People who haven't seen the band vote for them too because they are still a really good band live. Not to other older fans standards at this point, but still better than most.

I've seen bands that were just as good live (Weezer, Franz, Offspring), but they still don't top Muse because of my undying love. They are on par with Coldplay and DM.

My opinion. Yours is clearly different, I don't see the point of going on about why you wouldn't vote for them though, it does come across as quite negative. Just state your opinion on the matter and move on. ;)

You're just bitter (and rightfully so) that they cancelled your concert.

My husband (who hates Muse BTW) went with me to their concert in Seattle (the one that was broadcast on Myspace) and he has seen the best of the best arena bands back in their hayday (AC/DC, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Kiss). His interpretation was that Matt was an extremely talented guitarist and they put on an amazing show. He still doesn't like them though. (Matts voice, meh!)

People who haven't seen the band vote for them too because they are still a really good band live. Not to other older fans standards at this point, but still better than most.

I've seen bands that were just as good live (Weezer, Franz, Offspring), but they still don't top Muse because of my undying love. They are on par with Coldplay and DM.

My opinion. Yours is clearly different, I don't see the point of going on about why you wouldn't vote for them though, it does come across as quite negative. Just state your opinion on the matter and move on. ;)

Don't talk like you know me. I don't even care that Muse cancelled their show. And I did just state my opinion, but I will defend myself when pricks are going "Stop complaining and being so negative" and then go on about how good Muse are. It's my opinion, deal with it.

Archived