This isn't a random band debate forum, it's a forum for people who like muse and want to support them. Maybe you like them, maybe you don't, but if your insulting a band on their own forum, saying the same things over and over again, why be here? Especially if it seems to upset you. It's like hanging around a sandwich shop and moaning about the quality while other people are just trying to enjoy themselves. Yeah, there's no law against it, it's your opinion, and maybe you liked them once, but it's not their responsibility to please you and it's not your duty to critique them. It's just... bringing people down when they came to be supportive.

sorry for the rant.

Yep.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions. Expressed bit different way and respecting others.

I expect Muse will be nominated for at least one award here. Q seem to love them. To those saying that the only reason Muse win awards are that people vote obcesivly, in the NME awards they only won Best Band even though they were nominated for several awards. I think that shows other people were also voting.

I think that was because people were more concerned about Matt or Dom winning sexiest male :LOL::p

I think that was because people were more concerned about Matt or Dom winning sexiest male :LOL::p

It was worth it though because they did enjoy it. :D They appeared much more excited about that than the best band award, probably because they don't take these awards all that seriously. It was more important to them to beat each other! :LOL: And it provided one of the those classic moments! :D At the time I was a little concerned, despite joining in on team Matt, :LOL: but it all worked out so well. :D

I think that having the main awards to their name is good for promotional purposes though. I happen to really like NSC, I'm not saying it's best song, I haven't got a best. I'm not sure how it would come over if it won though (not that I think it will) with the Twilight connection. Perhaps it's better for it not to win. Obviously The Resistance video shouldn't really win as it didn't have a great amount of thought put into it, I think, it's an enjoyable demonstration of their live show though.

As for the Best Band, I think it would still be nice for them to win that personally. To me they're the best, though I'm not able to go to loads of concerts, so I haven't got a great deal of live comparison but, and it's up to others what they think, for me it's down to, not just personal taste, but loyalty as well. Saying that I'm not actually an obsessive voter so it would probably make little difference who I personally voted for.

I will not be voting for Muse this time round, since this latest tour I do not think has be representative of really good live performances or has lived up to previous performances by them when I really feel they deserved it for their shows.

For light shows and gimmicks it could hold its own against Las Vegas Strip or Time Square, but there isn't a category for that.

And for NSC, there's not much a discussion to be had there :LOL:

They are still my favourite band but let's be honest, they have taken the easy road lately, they are awsome on stage, but should keep in mind we want to see them live for the music first, the gimmicks are only second (and for some not relevant)! They produced a good album but maybe the "everything goes" part in prevent it to be a GREAT album!

People coming in here and complaining is nothing unusual, it's always been like this from the very beginning, but admitting that they could be better if they made the effort is not slagging them, it is just being realistic as we all know that they can be among the best bands (if not THE BEST) if they go back on concentrating on the music itself :)

As I said on the very first comment of this thread, I don't think they deserve to win amy of those awards. It doesn't mean I don't like Muse, they're a damn good band when they want to be.

Just because it's a Muse forum it doesn't mean we can't criticise them, we all have opinions, be them good or bad.

As I said on the very first comment of this thread, I don't think they deserve to win amy of those awards. It doesn't mean I don't like Muse, they're a damn good band when they want to be.

Just because it's a Muse forum it doesn't mean we can't criticise them, we all have opinions, be them good or bad.

+1

absolutely agreed. Since I came to the UK in June I've been to far more live gigs than before (when I'm back in Israel I only ever really travel to see Muse...) and I can say, I used to think they're the best live band. Back up until 2006 and beginning of 2007 they probably were. Nowadays no. And I have seen them 6 times in the last year.

I think what you mean is, because we're true fans of the band, we're better informed to criticize or praise them accordingly.

A bit like, we're the only people that can insult our parents but if someone else did it, we'd beat them with a mace.

I think what you mean is, because we're true fans of the band, we're better informed to criticize or praise them accordingly.

A bit like, we're the only people that can insult our parents but if someone else did it, we'd beat them with a mace.

Kinda, I feel we can have stronger opinions on this forum, because people who are on this forum probably have liked Muse at one point or another, but if we've made the effort to register and post on the forum surely we're allowed an opinion be it good or bad.

Although I do listen to and respect my friend's opinions, or people who think Muse are god's opinions, because everyone deserves an opinion and shouldn't be flamed just for having a bad opinion.

Some people on here though are like Hitler who see people who have bad views and opinions on Muse as having black hair and brown eyes, but again, it's each to their own.

Some people on here though are like Hitler who see people who have bad views and opinions on Muse as having black hair and brown eyes, but again, it's each to their own.

It's taking off...

You shouldn't compare members here to Hitler! There are other ways to describe!

I agree

Kinda, I feel we can have stronger opinions on this forum, because people who are on this forum probably have liked Muse at one point or another, but if we've made the effort to register and post on the forum surely we're allowed an opinion be it good or bad.

Although I do listen to and respect my friend's opinions, or people who think Muse are god's opinions, because everyone deserves an opinion and shouldn't be flamed just for having a bad opinion.

You have to be careful when using a Hitler analogy...Godwin's Law means you automatically lose the argument when Hitler is introduced into it.

I agree

Cheers man. You know what I mean though.

The drummer in my son's band is a big muse fan.

We'll sit and discuss what we like and what pisses us off about the albums but when a non muse fan tries to wade in saying that muse are shit, we tell him to piss off because he knows fuck all about what we're on about.

Only we're allowed to say if they're shit or not, because we actually listen to the music and can make a informed opinion. Unlike him.

Deep down, everyone on this forum loves/likes them, even if it's only a tiny bit. Otherwise they'd sell all their muse stuff and never attend another gig.

Then again those are also always slagged off who bring in their positive opinion. So no one can win, really. It's an endless circle, both sides are to blame just as much for the fighting that's been happening for about 9 years now. Can we at least agree on this?

I think you're all a bunch of nazis.... :phu:

:LOL: @those guys standing behind you.

but y'know, I actually got chills once Matt started singing. :stunned:

I seriously forgot how good it was. :awesome:

I like at the beginning when the one guy says something about knights and the other one goes "no, they'll play exogensis then stockholm syndrome first" :chuckle: Geeee, I wonder how he could have known what they'd be playing? :shifty:

that was awesome.....off topic but I prefer the Towers performance of this to the stadium gigs....IMO of course.....this is why we love them what a performance

I haven't been to a stadium show yet, but from what i've seen, I think I like the towers better too :$

Archived