The average performance from them is still better than most performances of bands I've seen at festivals these years. And for me Muse is not average at all.

For you maybe but not for me... An average performance from Muse is an average performance.

Just taking their performance at Glasto I have seen better performance from Muse themselves and from other artists this year.

i saw Editors, and We Are Scientists this year and they both put on a better show than the Muse one I went to. I'm not saying Muse are not a good live band anymore, i'm saying that Muse aren't the best anymore. it seems they've swapped most of their energy for spectacle.

I saw We Are Scientists for the first time at Glasto this year and they were excellent, I really enjoyed their performance and I wasn't even familiar with a lot of their songs.

muse are the best live act hands down, what we think is poor [eg. t in the park] converted many of my friends into fans of muse because they are mind blowing live. muse used to trash the place live and probably more emotion put into it but still, biffy are the only band close enough but not on a large scale.

muse deserve at least one of those, but song and video, nope.

It always amazes me without fail how people get so worked up about voting for an award that really means sweet fuck all.

Well, if they won the Best Live Act Q award and didn't turn up to receive it or didn't say thanks for it then I'd agree with you, but that rarely happens. Most bands seem quite pleased to receive the acknowledgement of an award, especially a fan-voted one.

For you maybe but not for me... An average performance from Muse is an average performance.

Just taking their performance at Glasto I have seen better performance from Muse themselves and from other artists this year.

I saw We Are Scientists for the first time at Glasto this year and they were excellent, I really enjoyed their performance and I wasn't even familiar with a lot of their songs.

Really, I quite like We Are Scientists but I was pretty disappointed when I saw them at Glasto, I found them dull. Muse on the other hand, I had a blast, but each to their own.

Yeah, esp if they get that award because there are ten people on this forum and twenty on muselive who rig all the polls :LOL:

Urgh.

Well, if they won the Best Live Act Q award and didn't turn up to receive it or didn't say thanks for it then I'd agree with you, but that rarely happens. Most bands seem quite pleased to receive the acknowledgement of an award, especially a fan-voted one.

How does merely turning up to an awards ceremony validate its importance? Besides, most bands go purely to get pissed on free alcohol.

"Muse aren't good live"

"Yes they are, why else would they win all these awards?" *votes 200 times for Muse*

Pretty much.

EDIT: I enjoyed We Are Scientists at Glastonbury. Not amazing but definitely entertaining.

Urgh.

How does merely turning up to an awards ceremony validate its importance? Besides, most bands go purely to get pissed on free alcohol.

Pretty much.

EDIT: I enjoyed We Are Scientists at Glastonbury. Not amazing but definitely entertaining.

How do you know that the Q Award means nothing to them?

I voted.

I didn't vote for Muse though; they don't deserve a single one of those awards. Muse are a good live band these days, nothing more, nothing less. In 2004, they were an extraordinary live band and deserved every bit of credit they got.

As for best track and video, NSC? Seriously? :LOL:.

They'll find a way. They always find a way.

:LOL:

Really, I quite like We Are Scientists but I was pretty disappointed when I saw them at Glasto, I found them dull. Muse on the other hand, I had a blast, but each to their own.

Exactly we all have different taste.

Matt actually mentioned at Le Grand Journal that they loved going to the NME Awards because it's a great time out and you can get pissed for free or something along those line.

How do you know that the Q Award means nothing to them?

I'm not saying that the Q Awards mean nothing to them as a band. I am not Muse so therefore I can't explain their emotions. I imagine they like winning things and are humbled but stuff like the Q Awards are just big, massive piss-ups disguised as awards shows. They're not awards voted for out of artistic merit or anything - they're just popularity contests.

Matt actually mentioned at Le Grand Journal that they loved going to the NME Awards because it's a great time out and you can get pissed for free or something along those line.

There you go then.

Archived