Resistance disscusion thread

tillydog

When I heard it at Teignmouth, absolutely loved it. Loved it for a while, then it got boring for me. But now, with the double neck manson performances, its regained my liking.

same here! well i still enjoy listening to it, but not as much as i used to. but i immediately liked the lyrics because of 1984 :happy: but if they dropped it from their setlist i wouldn't mind, there are songs that are far better live!

same here! well i still enjoy listening to it' date=' but not as much as i used to. but i immediately liked the lyrics because of 1984 :happy: but if they dropped it from their setlist i wouldn't mind, there are songs that are far better live![/quote']

definately wouldn't miss it off the live shows, although, the intro when he plays it on the double neck... amazing.

same here! well i still enjoy listening to it' date=' but not as much as i used to. but i immediately liked the lyrics because of 1984 :happy: but if they dropped it from their setlist i wouldn't mind, there are songs that are far better live![/quote']

Same here! When the album was released "Resistance" was one of the songs I liked most of it. Now I still like the song but the passion is gone.:LOL: Mhm, the lyrics are very very very obvious (thought police...) and cheesy. But I like the beginning and the whole atmosphere of the song. The live versions I've heard haven't really been too impressive, though.

I think it's still my favourite track on the album. The only thing that might have overtaken it is Redemption. I expected not to like Resistance much based on the iTunes preview, but then I ended up loving it from the first time I heard it.

And yeah, it is underrated. It was quite popular at first, but it's been bashed a lot since then, which it doesn't deserve.

It reminds me of that stupid song from Grease: "Tell me more, tell me more..."

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard that bit. Even see my sig. :p Also, a bit later on reminds me of A Little Respect by Erasure. But those reminders don't stop it being great. Sometimes they make me laugh, but never in a bad way, a bit like how "counterbalance this commotion..." in Unnatural Selection reminds me of Lay All Your Love On Me by ABBA. And I still like US too.

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard that bit. Even see my sig. :p Also, a bit later on reminds me of A Little Respect by Erasure. But those reminders don't stop it being great. Sometimes they make me laugh, but never in a bad way, a bit like how "counterbalance this commotion..." in Unnatural Selection reminds me of Lay All Your Love On Me by ABBA. And I still like US too.

:LOL: I just listened to that ABBA song and I can totally hear the similarity! For the record, I like US too.

:LOL: I just listened to that ABBA song and I can totally hear the similarity! For the record, I like US too.

I also thought that when I first heard that song, being a fan of ABBA and Muse. :LOL:, my friend says that it was a nod to ABBA, but I don't know. Sounds nice though :happy:

Archived