Sarah Forbes. You're Violet Johnson?

:LOL: Yes! I was gonna guess you were Sarah, but your .mu profile says you're male, and well, erm.... :erm: My name is not really Violet, either....

Edit: And yeah, that Michael dude is about to pull his hair out, I think. :LOL: He should just give in or give up.

:LOL: Yes! I was gonna guess you were Sarah, but your .mu profile says you're male, and well, erm.... :erm: My name is not really Violet, either....

Edit: And yeah, that Michael dude is about to pull his hair out, I think. :LOL: He should just give in or give up.

I know he confused me as well :eek::LOL: (sorry again)

Well, I figured a Twilight fangirl might be more believable. I would have thought I was overdoing it (Original Symmetry), but apparently not. :LOL:

Lol I love all the fake Twilight personas people are creating for this page :shifty:. I won't join in, but it's funny to read.

I wish I could not give a toss about this Muse + Twilight thing... I don't care so much about the weirdo fans as I do about the type of image Muse have given themselves in America as a result of being so inextricably linked with these films; the cheesy songs, the 'selling their sould' - not that I believe they're genuinely selling out (yet), but when I compare the Muse of 2001-2005 with the current Muse, it just seems like they've made so many 'corporate' decisions to get ahead that wouldn't have phased them before.

I don't agree with the article in this thread in any way, obvs, I just think this Twilight shit is proof that they're willing to change their musical style for the purpose of appealing to a mass market - a prospect they would have given a two-fingered salute to in the early days. I know bands change, times change etc. but I'm not sure I understand why they felt the need to tie themselves to a huge franchise just to 'make it' in a country where they were already building a sizeable following. It's business and it's got great marketability, but since when were Muse about that?

If it's a simple case of them actually liking the films and the music they've made with it (which, in the case of the former, they don't) then that's their choice; but I'm not sure it's been entirely their choice throughout. Anyways, to end my ramble, I sincerely hope we haven't seen the end of the rockier, louder and feistier Muse - not just because of one song on a tweeny soundtrack, but because that seems to be the direction they're verrrry slowly edging towards with each album, too.

Oh who gives a fuck what the twitlighters say. We know the truth, and their opinion doesnt count anyway because they are losers with brains the size of rob pattinsons balls.

And I dont think Muse did it for the money. I think they did it because Matt was slightly drunk and made a promise to a fan which he thought he ought to keep :D

Oh who gives a fuck what the twitlighters say.

This.

Anyway,Twilight fanatics don't know what "having an opposite point of view" means.

That's why their existance and opinions should be ignored.

This.

Anyway,Twilight fanatics don't know what "having an opposite point of view" means.

That's why their existance and opinions should be ignored.

Why do people love to stereotype so much?

I'm a muse fan and I'm a girl. Does that mean that I love Bellamy, because a number of muse fans, that are girls, seem to consider him godlike and have a crush on him or whatever?

Why do people love to stereotype so much?

I'm a muse fan and I'm a girl. Does that mean that I love Bellamy, because a number of muse fans, that are girls, seem to consider him godlike and have a crush on him or whatever?

"People who make generalizations are wrong." :chuckle:

I'm a Twilight fan. What do you make of that?

I didn't want to.

I was just talking about those who exaggerate with their opinions and are a bit fanatical.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I would be glad if this whole Twilight discussions would stop in ANY WAY.

Muse = Muse

Twilight = Twilight

:rolleyes:

The time will show if these "Muse fan by Twilight"-fans are really into their music or JUST about the movie.

The time will tell the truth!

PS: sry if it doesn't make sense. my english sucks. :LOL:

I would be glad if this whole Twilight discussions would stop in ANY WAY.

Muse = Muse

Twilight = Twilight

:rolleyes:

The time will show if these "Muse fan by Twilight"-fans are really into their music or JUST about the movie.

The time will tell the truth!

PS: sry if it doesn't make sense. my english sucks. :LOL:

You do make sense and i think you're right! When all the twilight franchise is done and gone we'll then see who's left from those who discovered the band through the movies.

But I'm afraid that up until then we won't always know who is genuine about Muse and who is not :stunned:

In all honesty Twilight has not done much for muse other than open up opportunities in the US, which as stated by Chris was the only option open to them to try and get as big in america as they are in the rest of the world.

Most pre-twilight-hardcore-musers (such as myself) hate twilight, we don't want our hardcore muse shizzle to be associated with anything as gimmicky as Twilight.

Muse-Fans-who-like-twilight often argue that muse gained more fans because of twilight. Yes this is obviously true, but how many of these fans only have SMBH, I belong to you (twilight remix) and Neutron Star Collision only on their iPods? and also I actually doubt twilight has really made a significant increase in the fanbase. if muse had never had been featured in twilight I imagine that the release of The Resistance back in 2009 would have probably gain more fans who would hopefully also buy the back-catalog of muse's albums. Muse would have made a bigger publicity push in america with the album and hopefully therefore give them the larger fan base they wanted.

Muse-fans-who-really-don't-care probably have less nightmares about a muse song that had been written for twilig... Oh wait :(

I know this is highly opinionated but I thought I'd give my two cents on the subject.

I do hope now that Muse will never find themselves in a situation that they have to "sell their soul" again.

In all honesty Twilight has not done much for muse other than open up opportunities in the US, which as stated by Chris was the only option open to them to try and get as big in america as they are in the rest of the world.

Most pre-twilight-hardcore-musers (such as myself) hate twilight, we don't want our hardcore muse shizzle to be associated with anything as gimmicky as Twilight.

Muse-Fans-who-like-twilight often argue that muse gained more fans because of twilight. Yes this is obviously true, but how many of these fans only have SMBH, I belong to you (twilight remix) and Neutron Star Collision only on their iPods? and also I actually doubt twilight has really made a significant increase in the fanbase. if muse had never had been featured in twilight I imagine that the release of The Resistance back in 2009 would have probably gain more fans who would hopefully also buy the back-catalog of muse's albums. Muse would have made a bigger publicity push in america with the album and hopefully therefore give them the larger fan base they wanted.

Muse-fans-who-really-don't-care probably have less nightmares about a muse song that had been written for twilig... Oh wait :(

I know this is highly opinionated but I thought I'd give my two cents on the subject.

I do hope now that Muse will never find themselves in a situation that they have to "sell their soul" again.

There are some MASSIVE assumptions here....

"Most pre-twilight-hardcore-musers (such as myself) hate twilight, we don't want our hardcore muse shizzle to be associated with anything as gimmicky as Twilight." - Really? I consider myself to be a 'hardcore' muser dating back to 2003 and actually I quite like NSC... I am also liking the films... they are a bit boring and full of teen angst but watchable...

"Muse-Fans-who-like-twilight only have SMBH, I belong to you (twilight remix) and Neutron Star Collision only on their iPods" - Yeah.... do you want to check my iPod out...? OH and I HATE IBTY... so far 100+ (I've lost count) muse tracks (variations of albums, singles, live etc, pretty much everything they've done)

"I actually doubt twilight has really made a significant increase in the fanbase" - you are WAY underestimating the effect.... it has made a massive difference...

"Muse-fans-who-really-don't-care probably have less nightmares about a muse song that had been written for twilig... Oh wait :( " - How many times... NSC WASN'T written for Eclipse.... it was already written and Matt offered it to them when Muse were approached to do a track for the film....

Honestly all this TwiHate really makes me LOLS... you people really should get a life..

How many times... NSC WASN'T written for Eclipse.... it was already written and Matt offered it to them when Muse were approached to do a track for the film....

Honestly all this TwiHate really makes me LOLS... you people really should get a life..

(in general)

THIS.

I ask myself again and again how long it may takes that people finally get it...

I've already stopped counting... It has been turned out in such a stupid discussion.

There are some MASSIVE assumptions here....

"Most pre-twilight-hardcore-musers (such as myself) hate twilight, we don't want our hardcore muse shizzle to be associated with anything as gimmicky as Twilight." - Really? I consider myself to be a 'hardcore' muser dating back to 2003 and actually I quite like NSC... I am also liking the films... they are a bit boring and full of teen angst but watchable...

"Muse-Fans-who-like-twilight only have SMBH, I belong to you (twilight remix) and Neutron Star Collision only on their iPods" - Yeah.... do you want to check my iPod out...? OH and I HATE IBTY... so far 100+ (I've lost count) muse tracks (variations of albums, singles, live etc, pretty much everything they've done)

"I actually doubt twilight has really made a significant increase in the fanbase" - you are WAY underestimating the effect.... it has made a massive difference...

"Muse-fans-who-really-don't-care probably have less nightmares about a muse song that had been written for twilig... Oh wait :( " - How many times... NSC WASN'T written for Eclipse.... it was already written and Matt offered it to them when Muse were approached to do a track for the film....

I'll try not to reply to this in a bad haste but. I would like to ask you to read my post again.

"Muse-Fans-who-like-twilight only have SMBH, I belong to you (twilight remix) and Neutron Star Collision only on their iPods" - Yeah.... do you want to check my iPod out...?

first of all; I never said there weren't hard core musers who like twilight,

and you really do take most of what i said out of context, I said How many of these fans only have SMBH, NSC ... I didn't say that all musers-who-like-twilight only have SMBH, NTS and IBTY.

when I was talking about twilight not having a huge impact, I was comparing it to how if muse were not feature in twilight, that a huge publicity push on the resistance would perhaps had a similar increase of fans include those who learned of muse through twilight and actually really like the band plus those who became a muser from the resistance. plus the difference is only big in america, which was the main target of being associated with twilight. if you would like to make a statement saying "it has made a massive difference" then I urge you to back up your statement, maybe with figures of increase of shows in america, increase in number of audience capacity. or show how all muse albums sale increased since the release of twilight.

I agree with you, this part wasn't supposed to be serious, I was trying to make a light joke to uplift my comment a little bit.

and on a final note, I did write "I know this is highly opinionated but I just thought I'd give my two cents on the subject" and sorry for the long post, but I am very vain and "High-horsed" person who feels the need to defend his words.

Archived