Chris has probably said what he actually thinks whereas Matt's choice of words is more careful in case they lose custom in America.

Or maybe Matt and Chris simply have different feelings on the matter.

Plus I think that, because we only see the quote in print, it's not exactly clear what tone accompanied Chris' "selling souls" comment, it could have been jokey or it could have been dead serious.

Or maybe Matt and Chris simply have different feelings on the matter.

Plus I think that, because we only see the quote in print, it's not exactly clear what tone accompanied Chris' "selling souls" comment, it could have been jokey or it could have been dead serious.

Oh of course, on both accounts, that's possible :)

(although making a joke about it doesn't mean you don't actually mean it :ninja: )

Chris said things certain people were thinking. Thats why they're happy because someone in the band agrees with them. Matt seems to change his mind as often as his outfits which is why people don't take him seriously

I agree with Chris. Having their music on the Twilight soundtrack is a bit like selling their souls. As is appearing on Live and Kicking. As is giving endless interviews. I'm sure they don't to any of these things for the fun of it.

If they want to get their music to a wider audience, that always comes with a bit of soul-selling.

I agree with Chris. Having their music on the Twilight soundtrack is a bit like selling their souls. As is appearing on Live and Kicking. As is giving endless interviews. I'm sure they don't to any of these things for the fun of it.

If they want to get their music to a wider audience, that always comes with a bit of soul-selling.

But you remember how they appeared on Live and Kicking? :LOL:

This is the father (Chris) buying expensive presents (this) for the children (us, the fans), because the parents (Muse) are divorcing (splitting up), and he wants to steal the kids away from the mother (Matt & Dom).

In short, Muse are splitting up, and Chris wants to keep the fans :happy:

In return, Matt gets to keep his suits and stage show, and Dom gets to keep his tour buses and faf bag.

Kirky gets their egos.

Chris said things certain people were thinking. Thats why they're happy because someone in the band agrees with them. Matt seems to change his mind as often as his outfits which is why people don't take him seriously

Exactly!

And I think just mentioning Chris' name more than Matt's pisses CarrieB off. :LOL:

Considering they are a band about being against the man and 'rising up' its a bit of a contradiction for the lyrics and themes they use.

It's always been a bit of a gimmick though, even if Matt believes in it, they don't carry the same sort of sincere message that bands like RATM and SOAD have done in their lyrics, ultimately Muse is more of a commercial and eclectic entity than that. I doubt they tried to break America in order to spread any kind of message or values afterall...so I don't think it should come as any surprise that in their maturity they are willing to give in to commercial pressures. The compromises have to come from somewhere and who can blame them for wanting more money and fame?

They have things like contracts to fulfill which is while Exogenesis is three album tracks instead of a 45 minute long symphony. Warner have to find a way of turning it into a commercial product because that's what they're there for. That doesn't mean they always get it right however.

I don't know why everyones so happy that Chris admited he thinks they sold their souls by putting a song on the soundtrack. :erm:

because mister Wolstenholme is epic :awesome: and now with the addition of the pipe, he's getting more epic every day :p

i remember that i read on some music website that muse were supposed to appear on the eclipse soundtrack but wouldn't anymore (that was a few months ago) i wonder what happened there and why they ended up on it after all.

didn't dom say that they met stephenie meyer some years ago before the twilight hype and she asked them whether they could use their music? i guess turning her down then would just have been rude... and i think it's fine they used supermassive black hole in the first film. but if they really feel like they're selling their soul, why did they contribute another song for the 2nd and even wrote one for the 3rd film? i don't get it.

well maybe in case of the 3rd one since david slave directed it maybe they didn't want to turn him down? (if he was the one who asked?) i mean before the first film no one expected this success or knew how big this all would get, but after the hype started they should have known how this all would turn out. so why continue giving songs for the twilight people to use?

Archived