i remember that i read on some music website that muse were supposed to appear on the eclipse soundtrack but wouldn't anymore (that was a few months ago) i wonder what happened there and why they ended up on it after all.

didn't dom say that they met stephenie meyer some years ago before the twilight hype and she asked them whether they could use their music? i guess turning her down then would just have been rude... and i think it's fine they used supermassive black hole in the first film. but if they really feel like they're selling their soul, why did they contribute another song for the 2nd and even wrote one for the 3rd film? i don't get it.

well maybe in case of the 3rd one since david slave directed it maybe they didn't want to turn him down? (if he was the one who asked?) i mean before the first film no one expected this success or knew how big this all would get, but after the hype started they should have known how this all would turn out.so why continue giving songs for the twilight people to use?

it was matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6N9ah48M0

"that's a different boss"

lol

and they signed a contract, you know.

Chris said things certain people were thinking. Thats why they're happy because someone in the band agrees with them. Matt seems to change his mind as often as his outfits which is why people don't take him seriously

But Matt almost always wears the same thing :erm:

Gotta love Chris :yesey:

I know Muse is a main focus out of the bands on these Twilight soundtracks, but there are a lot of other artists on there also. What did the Death Cab fans think of their song being the main song last movie? On The Dead Weather board, the fans as a whole didn't even care that a song was on the Eclipse soundtrack, thought it would be a good way to introduce unfamiliar people with the music. How about Metric fans? If Muse sold their soul a little, so did about 40 other artists.

At least there are only 2 more movies ( I wonder if Muse will be on those also?) and if someone isn't a real fan of the band's music, they will disappear when the movies are out of the picture and the whole thing has died down. :p I can't see someone staying interested in a band if they only like a few songs, that would get old and expensive, concert tickets are not cheap.

I know Muse is a main focus out of the bands on these Twilight soundtracks, but there are a lot of other artists on there also. What did the Death Cab fans think of their song being the main song last movie? On The Dead Weather board, the fans as a whole didn't even care that a song was on the Eclipse soundtrack, thought it would be a good way to introduce unfamiliar people with the music. How about Metric fans? If Muse sold their soul a little, so did about 40 other artists.

At least there are only 2 more movies ( I wonder if Muse will be on those also?) and if someone isn't a real fan of the band's music, they will disappear when the movies are out of the picture and the whole thing has died down. :p I can't see someone staying interested in a band if they only like a few songs, that would get old and expensive, concert tickets are not cheap.

There is a difference though between appearing on a soundtrack and being openly marketed as "the twilight band" and being featured on every single soundtrack and associated with the franchise at every opportunity.

Twilight writer Stephanie Meyer is a big fan of the band and she has admitted that Muse inspired her writing.

'Don't care'

Does nobody else think that is kind of rude? Stephanie may write what many people consider to be terrible novels, but she is still a person. Didn't she dedicate one of her books to them? Despite all of the frivolity she has created, she is a Muser. Before she was famous, she was listening to them constantly on her iPod just like the rest of us. I'm not surprised she asked them for a song. It sounds like a massive compliment. Also, I really doubt she even has any control over anything regarding her series anymore. Everything has gone to the bigger, scarier, marketing and business guys.

Basically, I don't see what's so awful that she was inspired by Muse. They're a great band! Chris should respect the fact that everything has happened because she appreciates their music. It's not her fault they're "selling their soul" to the franchise, they could attempt other routes to break into the American music scene.

That quote just made me feel a bit for ol' Meyer, that's all. She's just a Muser that happens to suck at writing. Nobody is perfect.

I don't know about the other bands, but I've heard that Paramore fans have gotten a bit of a headache over it.

I'm thinking that it will die down when the twilight thing ends - there will be people who found muse through twilight that will become genuine fans and will stick around, but the "twilight band" types who <3 muse because of SMBH will fade away. And, likely, the broad mainstream attention they're getting in the states will die down while they continue to do well on rock charts... .hopefully they won't take the fact that they're not in the hot 100 to mean that no one here cares about them :rolleyes:

^ i don't think the "don't care" was a direct quote of chris talking about meyer. it's in bold print and so is "starting again" a few lines further down the article. i think these two quotes are just headlines for the next part of the article and the don't care one it is taken from this part of the article:

He said: "When we were in the studio writing it, one minute they said they wanted to use it in the end credits, then they said they wanted to use it in another scene, then it was another scene and in the end we were like, 'Do what you want with it, we don't care anymore'."

edit: luxemburger queen beat me to it! :LOL:;)

Does nobody else think that is kind of rude? Stephanie may write what many people consider to be terrible novels, but she is still a person. Didn't she dedicate one of her books to them? Despite all of the frivolity she has created, she is a Muser. Before she was famous, she was listening to them constantly on her iPod just like the rest of us. I'm not surprised she asked them for a song. It sounds like a massive compliment. Also, I really doubt she even has any control over anything regarding her series anymore. Everything has gone to the bigger, scarier, marketing and business guys.

Basically, I don't see what's so awful that she was inspired by Muse. They're a great band! Chris should respect the fact that everything has happened because she appreciates their music. It's not her fault they're "selling their soul" to the franchise, they could attempt other routes to break into the American music scene.

That quote just made me feel a bit for ol' Meyer, that's all. She's just a Muser that happens to suck at writing. Nobody is perfect.

That was the editor there, not Chris. The context of the don't care quote had to do with being strung along by the movie people, not anything to do with Meyer herself. They just put that as a headline to the next section when putting the piece together.

And about her being a fan, in my opinion, that's probably the biggest contributing element to the polite comments that Matt and Dom have made about the twilight thing in the past. Other people in the thread have chalked it up to saying the "right thing" or worrying about image, but I think it's likely they don't want to come across as being rude to her because they've met her and know she's a fan who appreciates the music etc.

Yeah, I agree. And for a good rock band, it's kind of a place that you really don't want to be. That's where the pop trash and one hit wonders go. :LOL:

:yesey:

The way I think about it, in order to make it big in the hot 100 you have to be able to appeal to a broad spectrum of people - it's hard to have that kind of appeal without being relatively generic...

Well I saw the film today and tbh there was no point of the song even appearing in the movie. You could barely hear it. They obviously just wanted to say they had Muse on the soundtrack.

I hope there bad experience with the Twilight people will put them off next time as the hardcore fans they are losing over this is concerning.

Well I saw the film today and tbh there was no point of the song even appearing in the movie. You could barely hear it. They obviously just wanted to say they had Muse on the soundtrack.

I hope there bad experience with the Twilight people will put them off next time as the hardcore fans they are losing over this is concerning.

:yesey: Three soundtracks is more than enough.

Ah, I've actually been wondering about this - what is the context of the song's use in the movie? :shifty: Is it in the credits or is it just in one scene?

That was the editor there, not Chris. The context of the don't care quote had to do with being strung along by the movie people, not anything to do with Meyer herself. They just put that as a headline to the next section when putting the piece together.

And about her being a fan, in my opinion, that's probably the biggest contributing element to the polite comments that Matt and Dom have made about the twilight thing in the past. Other people in the thread have chalked it up to saying the "right thing" or worrying about image, but I think it's likely they don't want to come across as being rude to her because they've met her and know she's a fan who appreciates the music etc.

Exactly - it makes a bold headline but they can be misleading.

We can live with Stephanie Meyer being a Muse fan - I'm fine with that. But most Musers are put off by the casual Musers who love SMBH or NSC (LiF) but when they hear something like MoTP, NB or even Hysteria they act like they have an ear rash.

And the concept probably doesn't appeal that well either.

Chris' comments are also probably the most real. Matt and Dom's enthusiasm is cool but Chris' realism is to be applauded. Besides the bouncing around Muse had with the song for Eclipse, it sounds like they just got pissed off by them

:yesey:

The way I think about it, in order to make it big in the hot 100 you have to be able to appeal to a broad spectrum of people - it's hard to have that kind of appeal without being relatively generic...

:yesey: Exactly! And you can be a very successful band in the US without selling out stadiums. I know that's their goal, but that is so rare here and it's usually left for much much older bands. They should stop aiming for that goal and just focus on making music and doing live performances that are true to themselves.

I'm having a vision of an irate Matt waving his hands around erratically and complaining to Chris "Why'd you have to go and say the selling your soul bit!?" And then Chris sitting on him. :LOL:

But Matt almost always wears the same thing :erm:

:LOL: Oh you guys.

Anyway... I mostly just agree with Mozza here, that people are just excited that someone from Muse shares the same opinion that they do.

And also, the whole thing with Stephenie Meyer being a huge fan probably has a lot to do with it. They're nice guys.

Ah, I've actually been wondering about this - what is the context of the song's use in the movie? :shifty: Is it in the credits or is it just in one scene?

It's just music in the background of a party. Some girl say's 'Wow. I love this song' and then they talk over it. The song is barely audible.

Archived