I'm not talking about Chris not liking Twilight, or any of them not being keen on Twilight, or the film people messing them about, I'm talking about Chris saying it's like selling their soul which is translated into the headline: Muse sells soul to Twilight. Sorry but personally I don't think that comes over well, and, to me it's dangerous language to use as it's open to abuse. It has already been explained, yes by Matt, in a better way. I think he said people might think it "questionable". Maybe it's a subtle difference but to me it's not. Chris has put it over in a more loaded way.

what...so even chris is not allowed to give his opinion in the words of his choosing if it runs contrary to what matt has said? so what if it is loaded or questionable? matt's allowed to say loaded and questionable things all the time.

screw being allowed. matt says loaded and questionable things whether he's allowed to or not! :LOL:

honestly i don't think it's a "better than equation". that chris is more believable than matt and dom seems to be the sentiment.

:yesey:

I understand..I just wanted to say there is no point to start beef because of that :)

what...so even chris is not allowed to give his opinion in the words of his choosing if it runs contrary to what matt has said? so what if it is loaded or questionable? matt's allowed to say loaded and questionable things all the time.

screw being allowed. matt says loaded and questionable things whether he's allowed to or not! :LOL:

It's not anything to do with anyone being allowed to say stuff or not and it's not contrary to what Matt has said. Matt said people might think that giving their songs to Twilight is "questionable". I just think Chris' choice of words in this interview weren't the best that's all.

I just think it was a pretty daft thing to say and doesn't reflect well on Muse whatever is going on behind the scenes. But I will sit on my hands as people on here put Chris on a high pedestal! He can do no wrong obviously!

I don't want to continue on the beef or anything, but come on CarrieB. you really can't say things like that without getting 'attacked'. most people have been here long enough to know you and your thoughts about a certain band member.

not trying to say that your 'beliefs' are wrong or anything, is just that well..as someone already said: Look who's talking

:)

now I want to hear what Morgan has to say. :awesome:

It's not anything to do with anyone being allowed to say stuff or not and it's not contrary to what Matt has said. Matt said people might think that giving their songs to Twilight is "questionable". I just think Chris' choice of words in this interview weren't the best that's all.

is there a nicer way to say 'yes, we sold the hell out off our souls with this twlight shit' ?

again, imo he's just being honest.

Chris has probably said what he actually thinks whereas Matt's choice of words is more careful in case they lose custom in America. Which is why Chris is praised in this case. Might not be best if they want to continue being the twilight band or Meyers best friends.

I just think it was a pretty daft thing to say and doesn't reflect well on Muse whatever is going on behind the scenes. But I will sit on my hands as people on here put Chris on a high pedestal! He can do no wrong obviously!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Carrie you are a comedian

Bearing in mind Chris appears to be the most measured and level headed member of the band, I'm sure he considered what he was about to say and decided to say it anyway, so he obviously thinks he said the right thing. Whether you think so or not. But then I'm sure Chris doesn't actually give a shit what you, or any of us, particularly think about what he said in this interview. :D

well he said them. maybe he's been wanting to express that sentiment for quite a while and finally feels free to do so.

i shall tiptoe through tulips now...

:happy:

Chris has probably said what he actually thinks whereas Matt's choice of words is more careful in case they lose custom in America. Which is why Chris is praised in this case. Might not be best if they want to continue being the twilight band or Meyers best friends.

Hmm. Well to me it's not to do with Twilight, it's to do with Muse. Maybe I have over-reacted, time will tell, I just found the headline upsetting. They haven't "sold their souls", they have simply allowed Twilight to use their music in order to get it as widely heard as possible, and hopefully do well in America.

Hmm. Well to me it's not to do with Twilight, it's to do with Muse. Maybe I have over-reacted, time will tell, I just found the headline upsetting. They haven't "sold their souls", they have simply allowed Twilight to use their music in order to get it as widely heard as possible, and hopefully do well in America.

They have done something that contradicts their image, just to get more famous.

What is selling out to you?

I'm guessing Chris thinks giving their music to something that they themselves do not really like just in order to get publicity in America, is like selling their soul.

Considering they are a band about being against the man and 'rising up' its a bit of a contradiction for the lyrics and themes they use.

Considering they are a band about being against the man and 'rising up' its a bit of a contradiction for the lyrics and themes they use.

+1 Which makes me question their stadium tour setlist. "Our show is proper political.. now let's play Feeling Good, Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light and a song we wrote for a teen vampire film to show how fitting this is"

I'm guessing Chris thinks giving their music to something that they themselves do not really like just in order to get publicity in America, is like selling their soul.

Anyway it's not the first time express his "dislike" for lack of a better term about NCS. I remember this scandinavian radio interview where he cringed at having to say the "love is forever" bit and hinted that that part came from their management not them.

They have done something that contradicts their image, just to get more famous.

What is selling out to you?

No they just allowed the film to use their music as did lots of artists. I can't see how that contradicts their image. Matt appeared unsure about giving NSC to Eclipse (which was from a fan conversation not media spin) so it sounds like they muddled through and did what they thought best at the time like we all do, though the whole thing has been problematic.

But no, that's not selling out, it's a compromise, yes, but then, as they have all said, it's difficult in America. Ideally their music will become well known through performances like it always has and they've done that as well. I reckon supporting U2 has done more for them in America anyway. Maybe they've thought better of the Twilight thing but I still don't think there is a need to drag their own reputation down, unless they want to say, we think we made a mistake and now things are going to be different. Anyway Chris probably didn't mean it to have any significance.

rant over/

Archived