New Song! Pray

JessicaSarahS

I get more of an IS / Overture vibe.

So with how Matt says “I wrote that for something else”, is this technically another ‘Matthew Bellamy’ piece like The International, as opposed to Muse? Guess we’ll have to see how it’s marketed whenever it comes out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jobby said:

I get more of an IS / Overture vibe.

So with how Matt says “I wrote that for something else”, is this technically another ‘Matthew Bellamy’ piece like The International, as opposed to Muse? Guess we’ll have to see how it’s marketed whenever it comes out.

Hmmm— it sounds pretty Musey to me, so it would probably be a Muse output where the Matthew Bellamy solo stuff has a different vibe. But I could be wrong.

And I’m guessing it’s for GoT. If it is... 🤯 I’m so excited.

It's very cinematic, but much too futuristic sounding for GoT in my opinion. My early guess is that it might be for The Twilight Zone reboot, which is premiering on CBS on April 1st :classic_happy: Trailer music doesn't sound a million miles away from Muse's song either ...

Edited by LoganMH
  • Like 1

The title "Pray" instantly made me think of Handmaid's Tale, though I believe that doesn't premiere until June. Would love if it's for The Twilight Zone though, since that's one of my favorite shows of all time. Either way, the song sounds pretty fantastic imo. 

Edited by Tesseract

i can't wait to hear this on the radio or in any tv show, the other day my coworker said he listened to muse on the radio, i thought it might've been pray but it doesn't come out until april so he must've heard some other song, i was so happy to be honest.

I'm looking forward to the day it will get released, so that I would be finally able to replace GUAF with it on my ST album playlist.

I also hope the "live" version is just a shortened one, because it would be a real pity to have such a good composition clocking at just about two minutes.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

On 3/5/2019 at 2:51 AM, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

I'm looking forward to the day it will get released, so that I would be finally able to replace GUAF with it on my ST album playlist.

I also hope the "live" version is just a shortened one, because it would be a real pity to have such a good composition clocking at just about two minutes.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

Just spied that. So it is a MB ‘solo’ piece after all, nice to see him branching out more in that area. The International and this are a solid start, someone should give him a shout at a full soundtrack. Would be dead exciting to hear him try something more horror-tinged or sci-fi.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, JessicaSarahS said:

Oh, yessss.

Sounds wonderful.

ST may have rekindled my faith in them at full strength, but after hearing this I'm starting to wonder if Matt shouldn't detach himself from Muse for a while and do his own thing musically speaking. I have a feeling it would do good both for him and the band, inspiration wise.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 7:27 AM, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

I'm starting to wonder if Matt shouldn't detach himself from Muse for a while and do his own thing musically speaking. I have a feeling it would do good both for him and the band, inspiration wise.

Yeah same, for Matt's creative output. Not at all because Chris and Dom would be holding him back musically, but more that thinking within the constraints of a band might limit his artistic range.

Not sure if that would be good for the band though.  

Edited by That Little Animal

On 4/14/2019 at 7:27 AM, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

Oh, yessss.

Sounds wonderful.

ST may have rekindled my faith in them at full strength, but after hearing this I'm starting to wonder if Matt shouldn't detach himself from Muse for a while and do his own thing musically speaking. I have a feeling it would do good both for him and the band, inspiration wise.

I like that idea, but Pray does seem super Musey still. It's not far off. But if it provides inspiration, then I'm all for it.