New Song! Pray

JessicaSarahS

1 hour ago, kueller said:

Given things like Exogenesis and Isolated System I don't think the band setting is necessarily stopping him there.

Not in Isolated System so much, that's true. Exogenesis is written as a rock symphony though, if he were to do a film score, I'd say he doesn't need Dom and Chris' input or labor to write and perform not-rock symphonic music. 

Just listened to the leak.

Uhhmm... I'm gonna tell you: I didn't find it as awesomely mindblowing as I thought it would be. 

Between the preview on Matt's IG and the ST Tour shortened version it's like you've basically heard it all. The only difference is the Valiryan female voice reciting a prayer during the instrumental passages.

Still a very good track, though, and 1000x better then GUAF, lol (at least to me).

EDIT: Oh, and that final falsetto gives me quite the shivers. Well effing done, Bells.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I need to see and hear it live in person,  I guess it will sound epic! This version hm ... the build up reminds me of Tab (which is awesome live and on record). I see a lot of people drool about the falsetto. Yes, he can still do it, but is this new...? maybe it grows on me.

It’s not the GoT soundtrack. It’s a compilation album with sons that were inspired by the show.

and The International wasn’t really a solo effort, even if Matt seems to have done most of the work. In that case we could probably consider some of Muses songs solo efforts by Matt as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 2:09 AM, frutiger75 said:

matt channeled philip glass, factored in some simple orchestral work, added some falsetto vocals at the end, and called it quits.

It may sound simple to you, yet the result is extremely powerful and coloful. Anyway, Matt seems to be the only artist in the GOT album that has trully seen the series...

Edited by Leiriad