Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

Actually, my mum and stepdad were the ones who got me into Muse hahaha like around 2004, they had the Absolution album and I LOVED the song Hysteria and its still my fave song. My stepdad has seen Muse in concert and says they are AMAZING live lol I've been wanting to see them for years and finally I am now, twice in April! Wooo!!!:D Ohh and also my stepdad loves Dom's drumming, since he himself is a drummer as well hohoho. ;)

My Dad introduced me to Muse. He gave me Absolution to listen to and first of all I ignored it. I was very much into Green Day at that point and thought no other band would take over that. But I saw the Time Is Running Out Video, listened to the song, listened to the album and never turned back.

Now Muse ARE MY FAVOURITE BAND OF ALL TIME. :D

My mom was crazy about Muse as soon as I introduced her to them (Bliss, TIRO, Supermassive). She knows almost all their songs and the lyrics :D plus yesterday I was watching an interview with Muse, and I mom got a look at Matt and said, "he's so cute!" :D

My dad thinks they're amazing as well and has asked me to print out the lyrics to all their songs so he can learn them. :happy:

My sis is almost as obsessed as I am.

Instead listening to christmas carols as we set up the tree, my family listened to muse on high volume.

And last week, we gathered in the basement and watched HAARP.

I adore my family. They're all going to the concert in March aswell as 6 of my friends. :D

It's awful, I just can't get my mum into Muse. It's my fault though, 'cause I got her into Coldplay a year ago and she adores them now. She's like "turn that muse shit off, I WANT COLDPLAY! Go away with ugly Bellamy, I WANT CHRIS MARTIN!"

My dad says Muse makes proper music. :) He watched their MTV World Stage performance with me. My mum left before the first song.

I'm not going out with Muse so why do I need to introduce them to my parents?

:LOL::LOL:

My mom is a little more into Muse now, but she still makes fun of them all the time.

“Ooooh, you can't listen to them because they're OLD!”

“Hasn't the singer ever heard of braces???”

“The drummer looks gay.”

“Their bassist is a caveman.”

Oh, mom. :facepalm:

It's okay. She'll see the light someday.

I'm not going out with Muse so why do I need to introduce them to my parents?

LAWL!!

*Stockholm Syndrome*

dad: oh what's this song called? Amsterdam syndrome?

me: :stunned: .... it's Stockholm. not Amsterdam. Stockholm Syndrome.

dad: well that was pretty close though. they're both in Europe.

..... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:LOL::LOL:

My mom is a little more into Muse now, but she still makes fun of them all the time.

“Ooooh, you can't listen to them because they're OLD!”

“Hasn't the singer ever heard of braces???”

“The drummer looks gay.”

“Their bassist is a caveman.”

Oh, mom. :facepalm:

It's okay. She'll see the light someday.

Haha, my mom does the same. It must be a mom thing.

I'm very proud to have a whole family of Musers :) Quite possibly due to my dad, brother and I being musicians and my mum's ongoing love of most things prog...

Trying to remember when the transformation happened - I seem to remember being on holiday probably easter ish 2004 with only a dodgy CD walkman and even dodgier speakers for entertainment and playing a live version of SFA, which my mum was quite keen on until the end (probably not the best live song to start educating someone with...)

At some point between then and Glastonbury she must have been converted as the whole family sat down especially to watch Muse's set on Sunday night. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, we were all absolutely blown away and sat staring in awe through the whole set and that pretty much cemented it. So naturally we all went to Wembley in 2007 (somehow my mum agreed to get standing tickets!).

Oh and I went to Teignmouth with my dad, largely for financial reasons, it was either that or not going...:$

My dad loves their music, although he doesn't actually know anything about the band :LOL: I constantly have remind him what songs he listens to :facepalm:

My mum hates them with a passion. I was listening to Micro Cuts on full volume and she comes into my room and tells me to turn off that noice...:facepalm:

• 1 month later...

funnily enough, ive never had to try to get my parents to like muse

my dad started listening to them when i did, and he actually bought me my first muse album when it came out! (black holes and revelations - i was a bit of a late comer)

and then it was me that got my dad into their old albums

my mum was won over when she heard supermassive black hole, and my sister (the semi-chav) was won over by undisclosed desires

so now we're a family of muse fans lol

and to top it off, both times ive seen muse my dad's been there!

i was supposed to go to wembley with my then-boyfriend who bought us the tickets as my xmas present. i then got dumped, but got to keep the tickets, so took my dad since i knew none of my friends like muse as much as he did

then with the o2, i was supposed to go with my family AND friends, but my friends all backed out, so it ended up being me, my mum, my dad and sister, all in our new muse t-shirts haha

however, when i go wembley this september, im with my mates, who i eventually convinced to liek muse. winning them over was harder than my parents! i did ask my parents, but they weren't up for standing lol

im not sure if this makes my family cool, or just makes me uncool lol, but im pretty proud to have parents with good music taste. plus if it werent for my dad i might not have got into bands like pink floyd and depeche mode

I made a mix CD for my dad about two years ago with quite a bit of Muse on it. He had commented that he liked a lot of the music he hears when I give him a ride somewhere, or if I'm playing it on the computer in the house, and asked if I'd introduce him to some of it. I put a few things on there, James Blunt, Jeff Buckley, Keane and some odds and ends, but the Muse really impressed him. He loves piano concertos so I put B&H, Hoodoo, Space Dementia and Apocalypse Please, as well as Unintended since it's my personal favorite. He was highly impressed. Some time last year my mom and sis were out of town and my dad was lonely so I brought over HAARP to watch with him. I wasn't sure he'd like it ... that's a lot of pomp and flashing lights and screaming guitars and running around for a 68-year-old ... but he LOVED it. I mean, he was in awe of the show that Muse put on and the scope and power of Matt Bellamy's voice. My mom is somewhat impressed with it, too, although she's more of a country-folk fan ... she does think Muse is talented. She thinks I'm batshit crazy for going to London though, but she's trying to be polite about it.

I shouldn't be surprised my dad likes Muse ... he has very dynamic and diverse taste in music (I grew up with Pink Floyd and Rachmaninoff always blasting). It's kind of fun. I like to be able to "show off" Muse to other people, and my dickish friends and co-workers won't listen to a word I say.:rolleyes::(

My Dad actually likes their golden age of OoS and Absolution, don't think I'll bring up the Resistance any time soon. :$

I didn't think my dad would like Resistance that much, but he loves it. I knew he'd like Exo I, II and III but didn't expect him to like it as much as he does. He stole my CD. :$ He likes all the albums, he's got my Absolution CD too.

well it was my dad who introduced me to Muse and a lot of other great bands and I'm very thankfull for that.

my mum is different. she can't really tell the difference between Muse, Foo FIghters Kasabian and other bands.......:eek:

she even asked me which band that songs from and I said muse and she said it was boring.:eek:

but normally both of us sit in the car and sing to MotP very loudly! :p

I got my dad into them after I had a fight with my mom about going to Wembley. He figured that since I was willing to travel for them, they must be good, so then he went online and looked stuff up and he loves them.

My mom is a much harder sell. She automatically doesn't like them because I'm willing to spend money on them and she doesn't see any reason why I need to see them live, since I have the albums and the dvd's :rolleyes: Although I did put my Absolution vinyl on the other day and she didn't leave the room, so result? :erm:

Archived