Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

I was just in the car with mum and stepdad, and as we were leaving Manchester we saw a huge Muse billboard advertising the manchester gig. we all looked at it at the same time and stepdad was like '....muse. ..you like them don't ya Jem.' I was like 'Yeahh! :awesome:' and mum was talking about how my sister likes them aswell. stepdad just said '..oh.' so I said 'you don't like 'em do you' and he said 'they're.. alright. a bit too teeny rock though aren't they. but your a teeny-bopper anyway so you can get away with it.' then he proceeded by putting his Backstreet Boys CD on. :facepalm:

I was just in the car with mum and stepdad, and as we were leaving Manchester we saw a huge Muse billboard advertising the manchester gig. we all looked at it at the same time and stepdad was like '....muse. ..you like them don't ya Jem.' I was like 'Yeahh! :awesome:' and mum was talking about how my sister likes them aswell. stepdad just said '..oh.' so I said 'you don't like 'em do you' and he said 'they're.. alright. a bit too teeny rock though aren't they. but your a teeny-bopper anyway so you can get away with it.' then he proceeded by putting his Backstreet Boys CD on. :facepalm:

WTF :LOL::LOL:

My dad watched a little of HAARP. He only saw unintended and decide they were soft rock and he Might like them. He proceeded to tell mum this and say that I liked "sissy rock" as when he was a kid he listen to hard music.

I went to my room and played SS, Hysteria etc loudly. That shut Him up :p

Expanding on this;

He came into my room during the New Born riff at wembley and said "could you listen to something a little more relaxing? You should sleep soon"

My response being

"but this is soft rock, thats what you said. I thought soft rock was relaxing" :p

I'm not doing a good job of getting him to like muse :facepalm:

My Mom likes the Resistance (because of the Queen sound) and last time she watched the HAARP Dvd with me and was really impressed bout their live quality.

My dad don't like most of the music I hear...but I didn't care, when he says I should turn the music down....I turn it up :D

Oh man, I've gushed about Muse to my parents a lot. I couldn't help it, sometimes I just get in a gush-about-Muse mood and it just doesn't stop. In any case, they're all right about it, they thing Matt sings like Queen a little bit and they like that. My mom plays classical piano, so all the bits where Muse throws in the classical piano appeals to her very much.

According to a friend of mine Avril Lavigne is way better than Muse :wtf::eek:

OMG. hahah. wow. That's pretty harsh.

I introduced my dad to Muse just after Absolution came out, and he definitely loves the bands, loves their videos and all that. I think his favorite track is "Feeling Good" overall, though. Just because of the old school factor. ;)

Since I live here in America, they finally showed Friday Night With Johnathen Ross on BBC America. The episode where Muse preformed, and did that awesome race :LOL:. So when they preformed their song...my mom comes in.

Her: This your favorite band?

Me: Yeah...

Her: Hmm...so tell me, what do they even sing about?

Me: *no response*

Her: Hmm? what do they do?

Me: *still no response*

Then she left. My mom can get annoying a lot though lol. My dad at least understands my obsession for Muse, except he does a horrible impression of Matt...:$. Either way, I don't think my parents like Muse. At least my sister and brother do. Thats the bright side...except they annoy the hell out of me! I hate being the youngest...:(

OMG. hahah. wow. That's pretty harsh.

I introduced my dad to Muse just after Absolution came out, and he definitely loves the bands, loves their videos and all that. I think his favorite track is "Feeling Good" overall, though. Just because of the old school factor. ;)

Yer telling me i was like :wtf: dude wheres yer mind man :LOL: ive been arguing with him for days about it :LOL: ive even threatened to drag him to wembley with me to see them xD

Parents say that they like more of the upbeat tunes.

And that some of them are depressing. But heck that was on Children In Need and there was only fans of Robbie Williams there >.>

My mum says that Matt looks like a teacher from my school

But both my parents know how much I love Muse

According to me and 2 other friends from school, Matt looks like our dean of the school, the one who gives detention to everyone who does bad and such. He used to be the orchestra teacher and plays bass and electric bass. :LOL:. But yes, still no luck into getting my parents to like Muse. Its very awkward at the same time when it comes to my mom because she doesn't really listen to English music. I think I mentioned this before, but she's too into her Indian and Pakistani music. When I do show her English songs, she questions me...its just too annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

My mum absolutely loves Starlight. :rolleyes: Everytime i listen to that song, she knocks at the door of my room, just to tell me how she loves the song, and starts clapping hands. haha

My dad doesn't like them :( but i think he likes their music, though he won't ever confess he does :LOL:

My Dad LOVES annoying me with them. e.g. he comes in during the US riff and air guitars to it (:facepalm:) then goes, man you guys are soft, we were way harder in my day (even though he had Frank Sinatra CD's at 25 :chuckle:), and he always says my music is soft. Then yesterday he heard city of delusion and he mocked the singing saying that it was all grunts and not "music" :facepalm:

Mixed messages much:'(

Archived