Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

It was weird. My brother and I both liked them, but I started playing them so much that he hates them. >.<

And of course, my older brother and parents hated them, claiming that the singer and music was horrible when it played on the radio. But since we went to our first concert just about a week ago (Dec 12 Holiday Havoc in Las Vegas), all they ever talk about is Muse and how "they're the greatest band they've heard for ages". :rolleyes: First thing I said to them after the gig was "I told you so." xD

My dad still thinks "the singer needs help in vocals" though. :erm:

My dad only really likes Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia. I think he said he likes Apocalypse Please too, kinda random for him but OK! :happy:

I was watching the Absolution DVD with him and the conversation went like this:

Dad: "When will they play that song I like?"

Me: "What, you mean Undisclosed Desires?"

Dad: "Yeah!"

Me: "Umm, this DVD came out in 2004. UD didn't exist as a song then..." :erm:

Dad: *jokingly* "Oh, well, this a rubbish concert then if they're not gonna play the song I like! And look! The bass player never plays more than the top two strings! I could do better than that!"

Me: :facepalm: "Yeah well, maybe Chris only needs to play the top two for the song. He doesn't have to use all four you know."

*The camera cuts to Matt*

Dad: "And he's not very good looking is he? He's got spots on his face!"

Me: :eek::mad: *Jokingly* "Well you ain't exactly a looker either! Haha owned! :p" (There's me looking at Matt on the screen thinking :stongue:)

Dad: :rolleyes: "But look when he sings! He kinda mumbles and you can't really sing along to that. Can you?"

Me: "Well I do! :phu:

Dad: "Ok, you win. Go make a cup of tea :p"

Me *walks to the kitchen laughing like mad*

:LOL:

My parents came to fetch me from uni for the holidays last week, so I demanded my Dad put Resistance in the car. It's been a week in the car now and he's finally said, as we were driving back from Tesco "I like Muse. But I find I like them best at full volume" - (major win for most pointless comment ever)to which I starting shouting TURN IT UP!! TURN IT UPPP THEN!!! Hopefully Tesco carpark heard the awesomeness that is Muse. I'm gona lend the old man Absolution and see how that goes down :awesome:

Dad (he's nearly 80) heard Undisclosed Desires on the TV and said he thought it was alright. That was until my lovely daughter pointed out to him that Muse usually play bang, bang music. Lol. (Dad spent the late 70's/80's listening to copious amounts of heavy metal via, myself and hated it with a passion. Hence the name bang, bang music, Lol). My late Mum would have loved Muse. She was a huge Queen fan and like Guns and Roses. Bless her!

my dad tried looking it up himself on YT and listened to SMBH, cuz it was the most popular. personally i dont really like that song. so then he figured all their music sounded like that. and i could tell he hated it but he insisted on trying to sound like he liked it. my bro is the one who showed me Muse. took me like a month to start liking it at first i thought it was terrible and just annoying noise :facepalm: my aunt asked me wat my favorite band was once so i told her. she demanded to see wat they sounded like so i put on Bliss. then she said that Matt was good looking. which is kinda disturbing hearing from your aunt :noey: my other aunt kept trying to listen to them to try to connect with me or someithng but every time she hated them lol.

my mom loves muse... i just got obssesed with them when i thought... hey? that band plays starlight????... then i should download more of their music cuz its reaaaally good....and i got obssesed.

but i got 2 know starlight because my mom's cellphone ringtone was starlight...

and my dad now loves muse 2... they r really young thats why they ALWAYS talk abbout music and new bands...

but i have a single problem: everytime my dads mp3 plays any muse song im like YAY! but my dad starts doing this weird drum and guitar mimmics, like if he could play ANY instrument.... anyway, its quite funny:rolleyes:

My parents are in their 60s. They like some of what I listen to, but their favorite is 50's doo-wop and 60's folk music. I found one of their oldies CDs recently that has The Tornadoes on it. To think of my parents listening to a Bellamy from their generation and me listening to the one from mine... kinda weird.

My mother really likes Muse. It's pretty great, even though it's annoying when she goes all singing along and stuff. I want to hear Matt, not mum :facepalm:

My dad tells me he likes them, and he really did. But I think he got tired of me and my brothers addiction to them, so he started immitating Matt's singing style while listening to them in the car. He thinks he's funny, but I hate it when he does it. And sometimes he asks 'if I never get tired of Muse', and 'when this addiction is going to end'. He tries to ask it as if it's a joke, but I know it's not.

And he tries to get me exciting about other stuff (Paul McCartney for example), and I think that's cool, but Muse won't be replaced :D

He just doesn't understand...

My mother really likes Muse. It's pretty great, even though it's annoying when she goes all singing along and stuff. I want to hear Matt, not mum :facepalm:

My dad tells me he likes them, and he really did. But I think he got tired of me and my brothers addiction to them, so he started immitating Matt's singing style while listening to them in the car. He thinks he's funny, but I hate it when he does it. And sometimes he asks 'if I never get tired of Muse', and 'when this addiction is going to end'. He tries to ask it as if it's a joke, but I know it's not.

And he tries to get me exciting about other stuff (Paul McCartney for example), and I think that's cool, but Muse won't be replaced :D

He just doesn't understand...

YOU HAVE THE EXACT SITUATION AS ME!

But apart from trying to sing likr matt my dad DOES MIMICS of playing instruments...

And yes, he tries to talk about other bands, but when i tell him hiw muse is better to those bands in sooooo many different ways he is like..."GOD...its so hard to convince you" and i talk so many amazing things about them my mom and he are musers... And my brother is all time when we are listening music at the car "muse again?" me:"yes...:D" my brother:"how about putting next and listwn to the killers or 30 seconds to mars me:"we've heard all of their songs...(while i say it i remember when my dad gave me his mp3 to put more music on it and like all muse songs didnt fit i erased ALL 30 seconds to mars music just so i could be happy and i could turn my brother into a muser... But i couldnt turn him into one, my dad was the one who fell in the tramp)

Me and my family were all watching Top of the Pops earlier and whenever Muse started mum was in the kitchen, and she came in and asked who was on, and she just said "oh- Muse. er... :erm:" and walked out again. dammit Mum! :indiff:

I did hear her humming along to it though, but she does that no matter what the song is. I was even like "Look! Dom's Santa LOLOLZ!" to my stepdad but he didn't care :'( wah.

Me and my younger sister hav both been trying to get our parents into muse for ages. So far all we have out of our dad is a shrug and "s'alright". Mum hates them with a passion, though. Everytime either of us play anything with falsetto in, she demands we turn "that whiny idiot" off. However, she said that in the car once, uprising came on the radio, she rather liked it and was genuinely surprisd to discover it was muse.

Mom watched SNL with me..

mom: who's the singer?

me: that's Matt :D

mom: he's ugly

me: :pope: what's that to do with anything? they're a band so musical talent comes first, not appearances.(and Muse happen to be good looking dudes :yesey:)

mom: just saying.

:noey: i should show her the PMT.

nope. i shouldn't. she doesnt know im perverted:ninja:

But she likes Muse. Her favorite is Endlessly and she hums along to Starlight, City of Delusion, Hysteria, and Stockholm Syndrome :dance: she listened to Resistance and thought the synth stuff at the beginning was cool :awesome:

Dad says they're ok. he was quite surprised to find out that Matt's dad was in The Tornadoes. He says their songs are "highly addictive" and they get stuck in his head. he was humming Starlight, stopped, and said "did i just hum a Muse song?" :LOL:

Mom watched SNL with me..

mom: who's the singer?

me: that's Matt :D

mom: he's ugly

me: :pope: what's that to do with anything? they're a band so musical talent comes first, not appearances.(and Muse happen to be good looking dudes :yesey:)

mom: just saying.

:noey: i should show her the PMT.

nope. i shouldn't. she doesnt know im perverted:ninja:

But she likes Muse. Her favorite is Endlessly and she hums along to Starlight, City of Delusion, Hysteria, and Stockholm Syndrome :dance: she listened to Resistance and thought the synth stuff at the beginning was cool :awesome:

Dad says they're ok. he was quite surprised to find out that Matt's dad was in The Tornadoes. He says their songs are "highly addictive" and they get stuck in his head. he was humming Starlight, stopped, and said "did i just hum a Muse song?" :LOL:

my mom doesnt know im perverted either...:LOL: , and my dad thinks i´ve never kissed a boy!!!

good that he doesnt know PMT exists... just muse.mu, but i know my dad is so dum sometimes that if he wanted to enter to muse's official page he´ll write muse.com or google it and end up in microcuts.tv or something else.... :LOL:

no one will ever know :awesome::ninja:

YOU HAVE THE EXACT SITUATION AS ME!

But apart from trying to sing likr matt my dad DOES MIMICS of playing instruments...

And yes, he tries to talk about other bands, but when i tell him hiw muse is better to those bands in sooooo many different ways he is like..."GOD...its so hard to convince you" and i talk so many amazing things about them my mom and he are musers... And my brother is all time when we are listening music at the car "muse again?" me:"yes...:D" my brother:"how about putting next and listwn to the killers or 30 seconds to mars me:"we've heard all of their songs...(while i say it i remember when my dad gave me his mp3 to put more music on it and like all muse songs didnt fit i erased ALL 30 seconds to mars music just so i could be happy and i could turn my brother into a muser... But i couldnt turn him into one, my dad was the one who fell in the tramp)

The problem with my dad is, is that he can actually play guitar so he criticises Matt's playing and compares it to whatever he likes. My brother is as addicted as I am, so that's pretty cool!! I play with him in a Muse cover band.

my mom doesnt know im perverted either...:LOL: , and my dad thinks i´ve never kissed a boy!!!

good that he doesnt know PMT exists... just muse.mu, but i know my dad is so dum sometimes that if he wanted to enter to muse's official page he´ll write muse.com or google it and end up in microcuts.tv or something else.... :LOL:

no one will ever know :awesome::ninja:

your dad thinks you've never kissed a boy? :pope:

my dad knows muse.mu and muselive, and mom knows theres a facebook and a twitter page for Muse.. they just know they exist, they don't ever do Museing on computer.

PMT shall remain in secret :ninja:

Archived