Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

my dad once watched new born live at wembely with me and my sister and when they got wild he said something like "I have to stop watching this or i'll fall in love with them too" i dont know if he meant it as good or bad but still :happy::happy:

my mum thinks that they are crazy and she also thinks that they make wayyy to much noise for 3 people,but when she was listening to "Resistance" in the part "it could be wrong,could be wrong" she said something like "Oh god,i am gonna start liking them,if you can't beat them join them".. so they are pretty fine with my obssesion :)

Oh dear :LOL::LOL:

Yes he has improved now. Recently when we saw Muse at the O2 he said that he didn't like Unnatural Selection (yeah, he's a bit head mental) but I was amazed by the reference as he has only heard the new album once... and I can't even remember giving him the title.:stunned:

My Dad loves my obsession though - when they did TR boxset he was proper trying to bully me into getting one despite them being stupidly expensive. What kind of Dad does that?:LOL:

Pree sure I can remember dancing to Showbiz and Origin when I was a verrrryyyyyy little tacker!:happy: My mum has a well wicked taste in music, she loves Muse, probs introduced me to them, and got my whol e family into good music cos she's a triple j (Aus radio station) listener!:D She's seen them both times at the BDO and is going next year (I'm too young but am gonna steal her ticket!:yesey:). She's not obsessed, pree sure Tool and/or NIN are her fave bands, but yes! I thank her for my Muse obsession!

Oh, and she saw my background on my phone a few days ago, and it's a sexy photo of Matt, and she's like, "ooh, Matt's hot, isn't he?!:D" me: ":awesome: HELLZ YES! But they're mine!:phu:" and she commented on how much awes noise they make for a three piece and how they're quite attractive and was singing along when I was watching Hullabaloo the other day!:D

Bloody Dad hates them "they just stare at their feet!" (while I was watching HAARP) me: "what??" him: "they're boring, they just stand there and play...

... and stare at their feet!" me: ":pope::mad: Errrrmmmm, Dad, pretty sure they win Best Live Band, like, every year, and look at them! They're carving up the stage!:wtf:" him: "yeah well look at that one (Matt), he's a spotty teen! :LOL: Not very attractive, is he!?" me: "hmmm, pretty sure he won Sexiest Male this year0 so stfu - and he's 31! He's not a teen at all!" him: "you know I'm just stirring you! But they are horrible!" me: "stfuuuuuu!:indiff::fear:"

He's not the biggest fan!:p

my mother fancies chris wolstenholme..

but only loves starlight

Well I fancy Chris Wolstenholme :eyebrows:

My mother as well as my father absolutely LOVE them :happy: My mission is accomplished... My dad thought their preformance of Uprising durring the MTV VMA's was hot shit and demanded to listen to The Resistance. My mom is their *cough* second *cough* biggest fan in the house. She's into everything; Showbiz to The Resistance.

The first time she really noticed them was when I was listening to Exogenesis Symphony Pt I, and she said,

--"You know, this guy plays piano like a god."

"Mhm, he sure does."

--"This song is amazing, I think I want it on my mp3 when we get home..."

"O rly??? *is getting excited*"

--"The drums are great. So's the whole orchestra. Very... sinister sounding."

"That's great, ma, I'll put them on your mp3 player when we get home :happy:"

--"Just one thing- When this guy, Matt, sings... It almost sounds like someone just took a huge pair of pliers to his balls and squeezed like there's no tomorrow..."

":pope:" ..... And that's how my mom got into Muse :facepalm:

Oh, and she saw my background on my phone a few days ago, and it's a sexy photo of Matt, and she's like, "ooh, Matt's hot, isn't he?!" me: HELLZ YES! But they're mine!:phu:" and she commented on how much awes noise they make for a three piece and how they're quite attractive and was singing along when I was watching Hullabaloo the other day!

Bloody Dad hates them "they just stare at their feet!" (while I was watching HAARP) me: "what??" him: "they're boring, they just stand there and play...

... and stare at their feet!" me: ":pope::mad: Errrrmmmm, Dad, pretty sure they win Best Live Band, like, every year, and look at them! They're carving up the stage!:wtf:" him: "yeah well look at that one (Matt), he's a spotty teen! :LOL: Not very attractive, is he!?" me: "hmmm, pretty sure he won Sexiest Male this year0 so stfu - and he's 31! He's not a teen at all!" him: "you know I'm just stirring you! But they are horrible!" me: "stfuuuuuu!:"

He's not the biggest fan!:p

LOL Love your comebacks!

--"Just one thing- When this guy, Matt, sings... It almost sounds like someone just took a huge pair of pliers to his balls and squeezed like there's no tomorrow..."

My dad says Matt sounds like he borrowed some pants from the Bee Gees. :rolleyes:

My mum likes SMBH and TiRo and a few other hits, but everywhere she goes with me i am playing Muse and she is growing to like it. I have made her love all music i adore. Muse shall be no different.

Today we were going somewhere and were deciding on who would drive. I was like Me!!!

Them: Why?

Me: My car, my cd. I can play Muse!

Dad: :rolleyes:

Little Bro (who is 10)- Yay! Can you play Uprising and Knights of Clydonium. (he can't say Cydonia)

Mum: You have brainwashed him :mad:

Little Bro *runs and gets his mp3 player and plays Uprising and sings out loud to it :D

My other brother is too obsessed with Breaking Benjamin to give Muse the time of day, so i refuse to listen to Breaking Benjamin. :phu:

My auntie introduced me to Muse when I was about 13 and I've been playing them non stop ever since so they've grown on my mum :D

She used to hate them before (that goes for most bands I like) but now she likes most songs off Absolution especially Sing For Absolution, and has a crush on Chris. Oh and I finally got her to change her ring tone from Rihanna to New Born :happy:

She even wants to go and see them in Wembley next year :p

Mum: You have brainwashed him :mad:

My other brother is too obsessed with Breaking Benjamin to give Muse the time of day, so i refuse to listen to Breaking Benjamin. :phu:

:LOL::LOL: Brainwashed him?!?! Well, it sure sounds like it, I suppose.

And your other brother really needs to stop being so stubborn... Open up a bit, and get away from that crap once in a while. I wouldn't mind, but my sister used to be in the same situation. But don't worry, I submitted her to cruel unusual, and somewhat abusive amounts of Muse brainwashing, and she's starting to like them :D

This reminds me of the thread, Fail Review on The Resistance where that guy said that halfway through Exogenesis Symphony, you'll be longing "for a Nickelback style chorus" .... Jeez, dude, we don't care how much you fancy that creep of a singer, just review the album honestly and fairly :phu:

[/rant]

On topic, it's cool how our parents accept them, yet some older an/or younger siblings refuse to believe they exist. Oh well, their loss.

but tried to relate them to bands of their era, they claimed that they sounded like Ultravox :eek:

:LOL:

My parents also said this, and the other day, an 80s album was advertised on TV and I literally jumped at the screen when I heard guilding light... only to find it was Ultravox :(

As for Muse themselves... well

Dad thought it was 'over-drmamtic, depressing' and 'they ttake themselves too seriously'.

6 months on he sees them live, has all the albums on his iPod and declares them 'the best band he's ever seen'.

As for the mother... 'a raket, durgy' and even 'matt's voice is moaning' :mad:

12 months on... and she's seeing them at Wembley (bless - she got the tickets because I was at school). And she has been regualrly huming and singing Muse songs (even Hysteria :LOL: heavy bass :) )

I put the resistance in the car a while ago and after I was swimming I came out of the building to fing my mum had been listening to united states of eurasia on repeat for the whole time (about 2 hours-but I don't think she can have been listening to it for that long)

she likes it when I play their songs on the piano (although she never does see why I have to switch to making that noise on the guitar halfway through new born:LOL:)

I remember buying OoS and listening to it in my dads car and he said they were really bad. Then one day he came home singing the chorus to Hysteria. Proud moment. Then one day I was tapping the beat to Dead Star with headphones in my ear and he told me to stop tapping the drums to Dead Star :awesome:

He also declared Muse as the best band of the last 25 years.

My parents also said this, and the other day, an 80s album was advertised on TV and I literally jumped at the screen when I heard guilding light... only to find it was Ultravox :(

As for Muse themselves... well

Dad thought it was 'over-drmamtic, depressing' and 'they ttake themselves too seriously'.

6 months on he sees them live, has all the albums on his iPod and declares them 'the best band he's ever seen'.

As for the mother... 'a raket, durgy' and even 'matt's voice is moaning' :mad:

12 months on... and she's seeing them at Wembley (bless - she got the tickets because I was at school). And she has been regualrly huming and singing Muse songs (even Hysteria :LOL: heavy bass :) )

I've always thought that was one of the things that is quite nice about muse, that they can have a laugh and don't take themselves seriously. Alot of bands are shit and still completely up themselves.

once i was listening muse in my room and my mom asked me..'that girl sings really cool' i just couldn't stop laugh... i dont remember which song was.... but a few days later i make her listen again and now she likes falling away

I played my friend microcuts the other day, she thought it was pretty normal at first (which I was kind of suprised at because she likes jls and stuff like that) but then I explained to her that that wailing guitar solo she could hear was his voice, and yes, he is a man.

I'm not introducing Muse to my parents... EVER! :cool:

For so many reasons; because they're little too old for this kind of music and they don't care what I listen to. And more importantly; I wanna keep Muse just for myself! :LOL: I'm pretty sure my bro might like them, but he's never gonna be a fan... Not with his taste of music. :facepalm:

So I'm pretty much alone with my Muse addiction :happy:

they didnt think much of them first, only my mom says theyre too heavy and and i should turn the volume down:LOL:

today, i got sick so i stayed home and watched haarp, really loud. to me it cuold have gotten louder, but my mom had been out to make some errands and when she got back we had this conversation:

mum: "TURN THE VOLUME DOWN!!!!"

me:oh common, its not that loud.

mom: I CAN HEAR IT FROM LIKE 10 METRES AWAY FROM THE HOUSE!!!

me::LOL:well, in that case im educating the neighbors.

mom: ITS TOO HEAVY!!! I SAID, TURN THE VOLUME DOWN!!!"

me: mom, its not my sister's boyfriend's music(metallica and avenged sevenfold)

mom: TURN THE VOLUME DOOOWN!!!!! *grabs remote control and guess what she does*

me- MOOOOM!!!!

mom: *goes away, leaving me with a really quiet ending to haarp*

it was the ending credits in like 30 second anyway, but still.btw i think scared my cat. she was all cute asleep on the sofa, and when hysteria came on and i turned the damn volume up, she put on that little face she does when shes scared. she ran away:LOL:, then i stopped it for a abathroom break and she went back to the sofa to sleep. she was okay during soldiers poem, unintended and blackout, but then stockholm syndrome scared the crap out of her:LOL:

I finally started introducing them to my mom this year (My dad thinks any band that is from the past 20 years is rubbish). She absolutley adores Unintended and Take A Bow, and sorta likes Uprising. The only song she said she's hated so far is Showbiz :rolleyes:

Archived