Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

yesterday: whole family is sitting at the table having lunch. Meanwhile we're watching HARRP (Blackout's nearly over):

Dad: Hum, you know, some songs are good, but there are a few I don't like

Mum: Yeah right? Like this one, it sounds terrible!!

Dad: He sounds like a dog, always this yowling!!

Me: He's NOT yowling!!! :supersad: That's a great song!!!

Dad & Mum: *looking very irritated*

:phu:

Though, my dad loves New Born, Uprising and Bliss :happy: (and dislike MK Ultra :rolleyes:)

My mom loves them :LOL: She stole my HAARP CD and burned like 5 discs to play in the car. She loves Butterflies and Hurricanes, Resistance, Plug In Baby, NSC, Space Dementia, and Starlight. My dad likes them, mostly B&H, AP, and TIRO.

yesterday: whole family is sitting at the table having lunch. Meanwhile we're watching HARRP (Blackout's nearly over):

Dad: Hum, you know, some songs are good, but there are a few I don't like

Mum: Yeah right? Like this one, it sounds terrible!!

Dad: He sounds like a dog, always this yowling!!

Me: He's NOT yowling!!! :supersad: That's a great song!!!

Dad & Mum: *looking very irritated*

:phu:

Though, my dad loves New Born, Uprising and Bliss :happy: (and dislike MK Ultra :rolleyes:)

The yowling dog? Yeah, I heard of that before. It was a friend of mine who said that, too. :indiff:

my mum likes muse thanks to me :) it was really unexpected but one day i was listening to undisclosed when my door flings open and my mum somed in dancing and snging along (she got the word order wrong but whatever) and i was like SHUT UP but in a good way and then when i told my mum about matt's conspiracies and aliens and stuff she was like WOW he's amazing! because she beleives in all of that too...and then she wa like..okay sharika..if muse do glastonbury next year (which they wont) i want to take you!!!! i was like YES but i made her say she'll take me even if they don't do it so it's all good :)

The yowling dog? Yeah, I heard of that before. It was a friend of mine who said that, too. :indiff:

Don't understand that. He's not yowling!! But my dad can't deny that Matt's very talented :D

Its okay :LOL: I just seen the smiley face and I was like nooo! :eek::chuckle:

Ah, okay :D

Its kind of funny, because its the opposite for me. She showed me them after some guy on the radio who speaks against the government played Muse. ;)

She liked them a lot, so she made me listen to them.

As for my dad, he says that Matts voice is whiney and annoying and that any music made after 1981 is bad. :rolleyes:

My mom is a fan of them. She's pretty cool when it comes to music cause she has an eccletic taste and we like some of the same music (and no I'm not ashamed of that). She likes most of their songs, though she doesn't know most of the names. She told me she was listening to "Revolution" and I thought she was talking about Beatles. Then she said "No. The Muse song". Then she started saying some of the lyrics and I realized it was "Uprising" she was talking about :facepalm:

Uprising=The Revolution Song :LOL: :LOL:

• 1 month later...
No, I'm not personal friends with the band and brought the home for tea :D

Musically, ever done this? My parents liked them, in places, but tried to relate them to bands of their era, they claimed that they sounded like Ultravox :eek:

:LOL:

True. When my dad first listened to Map Of The Problematique he said, oh yeah, that's what they wanna sound like, all the 80's stuff, Ultravox and that. Nope. They wanna sound like Muse.:LOL:

My Mum talks about Matt all day and how hot he is, and whenever a Music Video or Live thing comes on, she goes 'Corr, look at that hot bit of stuff' in front of everyone

:facepalm:

I think my mum secretly likes Matt, whenever she goes into my room she just stares at the pictures of him on my wall or if a music vid comes on she doesn't take her eyes off the screen :chuckle: I asked her about him and she said

"the Muse guy?? He's alright" :LOL:

I think my mum secretly likes Matt, whenever she goes into my room she just stares at the pictures of him on my wall or if a music vid comes on she doesn't take her eyes off the screen :chuckle: I asked her about him and she said

"the Muse guy?? He's alright" :LOL:

My mum loves Muse, she once said to me, their bass guitarist is married and has 4 kids doesnt he.

I looked at her like this :stunned: and said how the hell did you know that.

And she walked off

She secretely looks at Wikipedia :ninja:

Dad was a different story. I hooked up my iPod to his car's system and played MK Ultra, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria...and he was like...do they have more heavy songs? :awesome: So I gave him a playlist of the heavy stuff, and another playlist with dramatic stuff, which he loves. He's a total fanboy now, always listening to Dead Star, In Your World, Fury, Glorious, Megalomania, and the Absolution instrumentals, to name a few (He's not a fan of Matt's voice, though).

He also hates going to concerts, but he says he's sorry he didn't come with me to the Phoenix show in April. Now the closest Muse will come to us is San Diego in September, and he might actually consider going. It's a miracle, and if it does happen I will cry tears of joy. :happy:

I haven't cried tears of joy yet, but on Wednesday I'm going to San Diego, so my dad and I can see Muse. :awesome: He's as excited as I am, if not more.

Keep the faith, Musers! Your parents might get over their stubbornness and discover that they like Muse. :yesey:

my mom is going to Muse with me in october so naturally I've had to help her get into the band. Started with TiRO (which i consider to be their most normal song), then moved towards some of their stranger things :) she seems to enjoy them and she can name who the members are (she even knows Morgan!) and the albums in order :D

Archived