Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

My mom had a rather unforeseen spazz-out over Resistance a while back. The song, not the album. Thing is, my sister (still aged two, soon to be three) keeps wanting to listen to Uprising (singing along to the lyrics in a non-English, adorable way), so mom hardly ever gets the chance to listen to the album beyond that point. So we sat around, drinking red-wine and listening to the album, and she exclaims "This.is.just.so.good!" Surprising, to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

My Dad is a Muse fan. lol I told him I wanted to see their concert in December and he said he would go - even though he hadn't listened to one of their songs before. A few weeks later when I saw him again, he had The Resistance on repeat in his car. Now he's got all their albums. :LOL:

Can't convert my Mum though. I usually crank up the volume on a few of the songs when I'm playing them off my laptop, she comes in my room just to close the door. She says they all sound the same. :(

My mum doesn't like them for several reasons:

- Matt "howls" a lot. :rolleyes:

- Songs are not so easy to sing :stunned:

- Lyrics are difficult to understand (on how they are pronounced and the meanings) :rolleyes:

- Because I'm frantically obsessed (which has decreased my daily amount of Muse gossips to tell :chuckle: ) with them.

- For being in a fanclub and sometimes when we make parties I spent most of the entire day in them. Well, sometimes I'm the organiser.

- For buying tickets and going to their shows. The last time was with her credit card and she was pissed enough for the extra fees Ticketmaster have.

However, I found that she likes their instrumental songs. I tried this by playing one day my instrumental repertoire in our living room and she told me that she liked them... with no yelling and howling :happy:

And yep, she thinks the three are so cute (she laughs at Matt's nose) but crazy enough to not let me go out to stalk them. :stunned: I think she would scare if I ever do that. :p

Didn't really start off well with introducing Muse to my parents.

I got my dad to listen to Micro Cuts and he's like "Whoa that girl has a really high vocal range!" and I said "Uhh dad, that's a guy singing" :facepalm:

My mom wasn't any better. I showed her a video of Uno and she looked at Matt and was like, "Has he never heard the term food consumption before?"

My dad likes a few muse songs

and my mum likes a lot of it too. She came with me to goffertpark, and she thought it was great! The next week she even stayed upband watched glasto, while my dad was tired and slept after newborn

my sister doesn't like any of it tbh

my aunt likes B&H a lot

my grandparents like HAARP

so yeah my family is a muse success! :)

my mom wanted to know what kind of music i listen to so i showed her some songs from haarp.

map of the problematique:

“the singer has his eyes closed the whole time.”

“this sounds like u2”

she laughed to hoodoo. :( + matt's faces

plug in baby:

“why is he jumping? everyone can jump and play the guitar at the same time.”

“so what if the drummer is wearing green trousers? who would care if he wore yellow ones…”

“this sounds like a rock song.”

“oh look now he’s walking and playing the guitar. how amazing…”

supermassive black hole:

“hey i know this one. OOOOOOOOOOH. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! i like this.”

map of the problematique:

“now this sounds like depeche mode”

“what is this band? …. oh muse… well thank god i didn’t take you to wembley”

she's a fan of undisclosed desires though!

I was reading my Muse book:p And then mom came there with her friend and her friend started asking about Muse and whos my favorite etc..

Then mom asked me and my sister to play Muse so she'd know what does it sound like..

We put Uprising,Futurism,Feelin Good..

Mom was exited :D Then she asked do we have any albums :rolleyes: i sayid we have one cause i got it for my birthday and then i asked her if i could get the newest album and she said lets buy them all!:D I was exited and we bought Origin of Symmetry,BH&R and The Resistance(:

My sister asked can we go to the next gig in Finland and mom sayid IM GOING WITH YOU xD

Its me (mum) that introduced Muse to my Kids now 13 and 9, they have grown up with them and love them as much as me. I took my then 12 year old son to his first concert last summer to see Muse at Teignmouth and we had an amazing time. i felt so proud to take my son to that gig and that my son has followed in his mums footsteps and has such fab taste in music :D and his first concert was a Muse concert, what a band to go see for your first gig.

Archived