They've done serious-ish mimes before (seen both SMBH totally playback and live vocals only TIRO w/o major goofying around) BUT when everyone hears the words Muse and playback it kind of gets hopes up that it'll be another hilarious mime. That and the timing of this is a bit unfortunate.

Everyone is so used to them fucking around during the mime that it's disappointing when they don't. At least that's the way I'm seeing it. It's lame yes, but they've also done it before.

I'm not entirely sure why the timing is particularly bad. I can only think it's because there have been several recent disappointing developments?

Mostly bc of the lack of change/rarities in sets lately, the setlist poll blowoff in Stade de Suisse, and the release of another cheesy love track in NSC. Also these pre-gig interviews are hyping up the gigs and then not really delivering. For instance at yesterday's Rock Am Ring pre-gig interview, Matt said they'll play a more hard rock set and all they did differently from RiR was add Exo Part 1 and swap out CE for Bliss.

This YouTube comment made me chuckle:

"playback, and? it's not like they can't perform live. they probably had their good reasons. i bet they were on a rush to go at rock am ring and see ratm LMFAO :D"

I've seen that excuse on the board a few times. Completely retarded. It wouldn't lengthen the song at all if they fucked around.

If this becomes a common trend for TV appearances or even on live appearances then we can start to worry, but for now it's just looks like an unfortunate decision or policy by the shows producers.

Definitely Playback. :vomit:

What happened Muse?

You're only asking this now?

If this becomes a common trend for TV appearances or even on live appearances then we can start to worry, but for now it's just looks like an unfortunate decision or policy by the shows producers.

It doesn't matter what they do, there's always gonna be a sad excuse like that defending the bull.

Well, not everything in life goes your way :D

I prefer Muse pissing around sometimes but not all the time. Doing it all the time might make them look like aholes.

Don't wanna offend the puppeteers

WTF with the reactions?! :LOL:

Christ's face on a fucking dildo, IT'S TV! A lot of TV performances are done to playback. They always have been done like that. Muse (and every other band on the planet) have done plenty before. Hence some of the funnier Muse videos on youtube from when they occasionally have fun with it. You'd think they were miming during one of their concerts/at a proper festival the way people are going on. Utter n00bs. :LOL::facepalm:

I honestly, could care less.

If you actually watch them you can sense the unenthusiasm from every member on stage. Just because they didn't switch places and make a mockery of the entire thing doesn't mean shit.

*cough*The correct phrase is I honestly couldn't care less.*cough*

But I agree. People are making a huge deal about this. Like Niall said, it was just a one time unfortunate decision. If they use Playback regularly (which I doubt they will) then yes, I could see why people would be so upset.

nooooooo. :'( whatever the reason i'm sure it wasn't their choice to do so. they look unhappy on stage. :'( and i'm so mad.

This thread is kinda funny :chuckle:

Ok, the probably did that because all their equipment was already at RaR. It must have been their choice cause I know these shows by Stefan Raab and he always has great artist that play live. The other artists that night did too. Still no big deal because I'm sure it has to do with all their gear not being there! :yesey:

Then why the fuck go?

Well, I don't know, all I can say is that it's certain that nobody told them to mine cause they never do on that show. We probably won't find out why they did, I was just assuming it was because of their equipment and maybe their German label told them to do the show. I don't know how things like that work.

WTF with the reactions?! :LOL:

Christ's face on a fucking dildo, IT'S TV! A lot of TV performances are done to playback. They always have been done like that. Muse (and every other band on the planet) have done plenty before. Hence some of the funnier Muse videos on youtube from when they occasionally have fun with it. You'd think they were miming during one of their concerts/at a proper festival the way people are going on. Utter n00bs. :LOL::facepalm:

Can you point me to some of those videos? I don't know what to search and I'd love to see that...

:p

Archived