Not directly at you, but the overall vibe in here is that people are defending Muse just so that they can keep their image of the ideal Muse.

I'm not trying to defend them or pretend they're the same band from 10 years ago. It just annoys me that whenever Muse do something fans don't like, they act like they've never done it before, start jumping to conclusions and generally get all riled up over nothing.

Mostly bc of the lack of change/rarities in sets lately, the setlist poll blowoff in Stade de Suisse, and the release of another cheesy love track in NSC.Also these pre-gig interviews are hyping up the gigs and then not really delivering. For instance at yesterday's Rock Am Ring pre-gig interview, Matt said they'll play a more hard rock set and all they did differently from RiR was add Exo Part 1 and swap out CE for Bliss.

Aside from the first two, I think the reactions to these have been a bit silly and OTT, tbh. I can understand the dissapointment that they don't seem to be taking the setlist polls very seriously. I'm dissapointed about that too. I can also understand people not liking NSC, but I don't see why it's something to worry about when Matt has had cheesy love songs in him since the Showbiz days, and he always says they're going to play a more 'rocking' set before a festival.

I don't think is the end of the world. Muse is just fine.

It's probably the TV show producers/organizers required Muse to lipsync (use playback).

Remember, this sort of stuff has been going on for a while in the industry. The show "Top Of The Pops" made The Smiths use playback (of course, Morrissey semi-rebelled by not using a microphone).

It's not that serous:LOL:. If they mime in some weird car football show it doesn't mean anything.

I know but it seems nobody is listening! :chuckle:

I keep on explaining that the show didn't force them too mime but to no avail! ;)

They didn't have their fucking equipment, so what?

Sorry!:p

No, that wasn't my point. My point was that people are just finding excuses for what they did, just so that they can go on believing that Muse are the rock band they were 10 years ago... :)

Nope. Actually they're better now.

Bands have always had to mime for silly things like this. So have Muse. Since at LEAST Origin. It's a contractual obligation to show up, and if you don't like miming (which we all know, Muse certainly don't) it doesn't matter: you still have to 'perform'.

Honestly, what is the issue here?

How many times have Radiohead mimed live? Just wondered if it were in their contracts too.

Yeah I think its a contract type of thing. Radiohead did it a few times when they were promoting their 2nd album The Bends, which was the last time they did that type of stuff. After The Bends Radiohead were given an unprecedented amount of freedom by their record company, allowing Radiohead to market themselves in their own way.

Here's Radiohead doing it for the song Just back in 1996...while naturally taking the piss out of it. Check out Jonny playing his guitar left handed and doing backup vocals. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMwp3wWYjRg

To be honest, I do find it pretty odd that Muse are still doing this 5 albums in. They should be given the freedom to do whatever they want now...unless maybe Muse enjoy doing it.

I think they were forced to mime this event because of the stage lighting / set up. Notice how well choreographed the lights were to the music. The person who designed the stage lighting programmed the lights to the album version with everything timed perfectly. If Myooze were to play live, it would be very difficult to time the lights perfectly (when they start playing, getting the EXACT tempo, etc).

As to why they didn't "rebel", who knows? Maybe they could use this as a music video, because it would be WAY better than the original one

Yeah I think its a contract type of thing. Radiohead did it a few times when they were promoting their 2nd album The Bends, which was the last time they did that type of stuff. After The Bends Radiohead were given an unprecedented amount of freedom by their record company, allowing Radiohead to market themselves in their own way.

Here's Radiohead doing it for the song Just back in 1996...while naturally taking the piss out of it. Check out Jonny playing his guitar left handed and doing backup vocals. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMwp3wWYjRg

To be honest, I do find it pretty odd that Muse are still doing this 5 albums in. They should be given the freedom to do whatever they want now...unless maybe Muse enjoy doing it.

Haha, that was good. Cheers! :)

WTF with the reactions?! :LOL:

Christ's face on a fucking dildo, IT'S TV! A lot of TV performances are done to playback. They always have been done like that. Muse (and every other band on the planet) have done plenty before. Hence some of the funnier Muse videos on youtube from when they occasionally have fun with it. You'd think they were miming during one of their concerts/at a proper festival the way people are going on. Utter n00bs. :LOL::facepalm:

This.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

Well, thought I'd post in here real quick before I went out and melted all of my Muse CDs, then flushed the ashes down the toilet. I can't believe that they could possibly, ever, ever, ever do playback.

I mean, this is like, serious business here guys. There couldn't possibly be any other explanation than that Muse has finally become too lazy to play even ONE SONG. I mean, come on! This is astounding.

It's not like some other force (I dunno, maybe the executives of the show they were playing on) would force Muse to do playback for their show. That's absurd.

:rolleyes:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Their contract with warner is pretty messed up, Matt despises them in a lot of interviews, with a lot of indirect references to how they have no freedom, have to do what the boss wants etc

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

They're Belonging to Someone with Undisclosed Desires is just pure fucking mosh music

Well, is someone good or not isn't measured by moshing. You can mosh to almost anything, even construction site noises.

Archived