I'm seriously hoping that no one here honestly thinks they would have voluntarily chosen playback over live - I think it's a bit ridiculous for people to expect every forced playback performance to be one massive piss-take every time too. Go back and watch Fucking Feeling Good or that Italian one if you're feeling disappointed. we all know they have the guts to do it, so the fact they may not have felt like it or for any other reason is no reason to complain. (IMO)

I'm seriously hoping that no one here honestly thinks they would have voluntarily chosen playback over live - I think it's a bit ridiculous for people to expect every forced playback performance to be one massive piss-take every time too. Go back and watch Fucking Feeling Good or that Italian one if you're feeling disappointed. we all know they have the guts to do it, so the fact they may not have felt like it or for any other reason is no reason to complain. (IMO)

I think everyone is wondering if they would still be willing to or want to do that today.

Well here a song analysis of both the "live" and vinyl tracks:

Vinyl on top and "live" on the bottom. They're off by a bit due to being different tempos.

http://imgur.com/qrHxy.png

I'll be putting up a link to a minute-longish snippet of the two tracks laid on top of each other. Damning evidence.

Edit: Here are the two tracks overlaid. http://soundcloud.com/meean/muselipsync

I honestly, could care less.

If you actually watch them you can sense the unenthusiasm from every member on stage. Just because they didn't switch places and make a mockery of the entire thing doesn't mean shit.

I think everyone is wondering if they would still be willing to or want to do that today.

I'm sure they would. The Italian one was only last year after all.

They've done playback in the past (including the Abso and Origin eras) without fucking around, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Well here a song analysis of both the "live" and vinyl tracks:

Vinyl on top and "live" on the bottom. They're off by a bit due to being different tempos.

http://imgur.com/qrHxy.png

I'll be putting up a link to a minute-longish snippet of the two tracks laid on top of each other. Damning evidence.

Edit: Here are the two tracks overlaid. http://soundcloud.com/meean/muselipsync

Well, we didn't really need any evidence, if you can't hear that it's lipsync, then you should be ashamed.

I like that when Muse are taking the piss, people are saying "It's good that they don't just do things like this just because they are told to, because that would be like selling out! This is what I love about Muse", and when Muse aren't taking the piss, people are saying "It's good that Muse doesn't take the piss all the time, and besides, who cares?"

Think you're pretty horribly misrepresenting people's opinions. No one likes that they're lipsyncing and not taking the piss but at the same time no reasonable person is overly concerned about it.

No, that wasn't my point. My point was that people are just finding excuses for what they did, just so that they can go on believing that Muse are the rock band they were 10 years ago... :)

No, that wasn't my point. My point was that people are just finding excuses for what they did, just so that they can go on believing that Muse are the rock band they were 10 years ago... :)

Muse were shit 10 years ago...

If that was directed at me, I don't believe that Muse are the rockband they were 10 years ago. I just don't know why they need to take the piss all the time to keep people on their messageboard happy.

I just find it funny how HUNDREDS of other bands and artists BIGGER than muse, have mimed seriously. But no, Muse are anarchists, if they mime properly this is equal to selling out and being shit.... Obviously :rolleyes:

If that was directed at me, I don't believe that Muse are the rockband they were 10 years ago. I just don't know why they need to take the piss all the time to keep people on their messageboard happy.

Not directly at you, but the overall vibe in here is that people are defending Muse just so that they can keep their image of the ideal Muse.

Archived