It's nothing very unusual to find lots of bands do the playback for the TV shows.

That's just how it's done.

I don't get why some people get so excited about it.

That's not the end of the world;)

I don't support miming but I don't know why people get so nervous about every little thing. I'm with those who think it was probably just an equipment issue. Trust them. I'm sure all is going to be okay. What I don't get is this selling out idea. I am sure that they are not selling out. To expect them to kid around every time they do playback is ridiculous. They're not clowns or children's entertainers. ;)

Then don't sign it. But money is money :)

Too late! They're tied in for two more albums. Anyway who knows if anything is going on with Warner. If Muse are not happy with their contract now, I would imagine they thought it would be the right thing to do initially.

NOOOO HOOOW COOUUUULD THEYY DOOO THIIIIIIIIIIS III'M LIKE FUCKING CRYING NOW MUSE HAVE BECOME SO SHIT THEY DISAPPOINT ALL THEIR TRUUEEEEEEEE FANS LIKE ME WHERE ARE THE TIMES WHEN THEY USED TO PLAY LIVE IN EEEEVEEERYYYY TOIILEEEET IIIIII'M JUUST GONNA JUMP OUT OF THE WIINDOW--------

no, wait. Second thinking, I'm not gonna do this after all.

NOOOO HOOOW COOUUUULD THEYY DOOO THIIIIIIIIIIS III'M LIKE FUCKING CRYING NOW MUSE HAVE BECOME SO SHIT THEY DISAPPOINT ALL THEIR TRUUEEEEEEEE FANS LIKE ME WHERE ARE THE TIMES WHEN THEY USED TO PLAY LIVE IN EEEEVEEERYYYY TOIILEEEET IIIIII'M JUUST GONNA JUMP OUT OF THE WIINDOW--------

:LOL:

:chuckle:

Honestly, the people who are complaining need to calm down. Sometimes they just don't have a choice. It's cool enough they're able to take a piss most of the time, a lot of bands can't. Though I have to say, for the most part everybody seems pretty understanding in this thread, all things considering. Musefail has been pretty high lately.

Now if we started talking about SETLISTS again...:LOL:

Someone on YouTube thought they forced Matt to wear that suit too, that made me lol.

This thread is kinda funny :chuckle:

Ok, the probably did that because all their equipment was already at RaR. It must have been their choice cause I know these shows by Stefan Raab and he always has great artist that play live. The other artists that night did too. Still no big deal because I'm sure it has to do with all their gear not being there! :yesey:

I always hate when a band or a singer playback. And now it happened to my fave band. What's the meaning of live performance if they playback then? I always proud to Muse because of their amazing live performance. And because of that it didn't matter to me to spend a lot of money and lied to my boss to fly to Singapore just to see them live. Because I was afraid they won't come back to Indonesia (OT). But, if the reason because their equipment was already at RAR and the other artists did too, I can accept that, although it's still a bit disappointing. I wish they will never do playback again.

People may say it's not that big a deal, but I happen to think it is. Muse themselves have always said the live side to the band is the most important, so too see them miming, for me, is really sad. Having said that, in the long term it is inconsequential, assuming they don't make a habit of it.

Moshing = FUN.

This is kinda shameful. Not to mention, the boys are pretty bad when it comes to serious miming (not that stuff they did for Feeling Good or Uprising). :LOL: It's almost kind of funny how bad at it they are. Disappointing, but regardless, I give two thumbs up for the light up suit and drum kit. But really, this is taking the recent Muse changes too far, forced mime or not. They could always just refuse to do a show like this. :$ Even those hideous SNL live performances were better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely people are making a mountain out of a molehill with this one?? There's definitely other recent valid complaints made against the band in the last 9 months or so, but this isn't one of them. Playback for TV performances is quite common in Europe. Are we all going to start slagging music videos now, since those are almost always mimed, too?

If they felt they needed to make a statement about the mimed performance they would of, they probably just didn't give a shit sine they got bigger and better things to perform for. Whatever the reason is for them not being able to who knows and who gives a fuck because im pretty fucking sure it wasn't muse's idea

There's a working vid for all those who won't search on YT.

Anyways...

I think it's a variety of things that are causing this reaction. Some people don't like the direction the last two albums have taken, or don't see the intensity in the live performances anymore. And so something like this, even if it wasn't Muse's fault, just piles on to the rest of the "disappointments" to some people.

I don't blame them; I miss the older Muse too. But I'm not gonna go on the "they matured and went in the direction they want to go in" rant because I don't think I have to.

It's just a disappointment, nothing major. But with everything else, I could see how it could be the icing on the cake to some people. If Muse had another OoS-Abso type combo in the last two albums and this happened, it might not even make news.

But can I see some of these serious mimes they did before? Not saying I don't believe there are any, I just haven't noticed.

But can I see some of these serious mimes they did before? Not saying I don't believe there are any, I just haven't noticed.

Both SMBH and TiRO were done seriously on that Italian show they fucked around during Uprising.

SMBH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oZTV42Npw&feature=related

TiRO (vocals live only):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a5ZFtehBFw&feature=related

Archived