Muse's cheesy love songs did NOT start with The Resistance

membername

Some of the jokes in IBTY are pretty blatant really. The lightning strike bit, the overdue bit, and probably Matt using "soul" rhymed with "whole", they're like in jokes with anyone who knows the band.

They even got Muse in there as well and not to mention French opera and a bass clarinet solo!? :LOL:

you may call it cheesy but for the one´s who have really bin or are in love often hate when love songs have these complicate metafors that dont even make sense. Belive me i thought neotron star collision lyrics where REALLY cheap when i heard them first but after matt explained what the song is really about it didnt sound cheap at all , its just really honest and simple. Many people have had that feeling when the start a relationship. Unintented lyrics are from when was 20 and thought i he knew love. Before he met Gaia ;)

For those who say Muse's soft spot for cheesy love songs has led to their downfall, please refer to the following:

Unintended

Feeling Good

Starlight

This is not a new phenomenon. You can pretty much count on one every album (except Absolution for some reason -- and I can't really put Endlessly in that category). So can the complainers please not have a selective memory and forget about Muse's past cheesiness. It's always been there. This is nothing new.

(by the way I don't mean to poke fun at these songs, they're all great imo)

they are not cheesy at all!

Unintended and Starlight are both very nice and genuine love songs. I wouldn't really call Feeling Good a love song though, to be honest. It's more of a song about being free and having a positive outlook on life.

I would say that TIRO and SBH are both kinda cheesy love songs, but not as much as Neutron Star Collision (Our Love Is Forever) :LOL:

The name says it all!

It sounds filthy

:erm: Do I have to understand this? Oh well, I'm a German, so I probably can't understand what German sounds like to others...:rolleyes:

Erm...by the way, I kind of like most Muse's love songs. Maybe the recent ones are cheesy. Yeah. But gosh, they're love songs!

Archived