Muse's cheesy love songs did NOT start with The Resistance

membername

I'm hoping that will be the last time I hear "Unintended" and "epic" in the same sentence.

If Unintended can be described as "epic", then the word has truly lost all meaning now :LOL:

Oh, fuck you both :LOL:

The second/last rendition of the chorus....ooft. The backing vocals are intense. And the chords created with the harmony of the backing vocals....just gorgeous. The Wembley version isn't as beautiful as I think it could have been...perhaps because Matt had to transpose it. But the original recording has a little magic to it, I reckon.

Technically, he didn't say Unintended.

Goddamit, how many posts of my b00bs do I have to make before people realise I'm a girl? :LOL:

Matt is definitely trending toward romantic, opera, classical, and away from scream and head banging fests (I'm ok with that!).

I am not a fan of power ballads though so hopefully not too much of those in the pipeline. Power ballads just sound old fashioned (Matt > Josh Groban style), un-befitting this genius band that has brought us a fabulous world of fresh, bright sounds.

There were some interviews where variously he had praised Roberta Flack and wanted to do a cover of The First Time I Saw Your Face. I'd love it if he can put his spin on it. That's a jazzy song isn't it? A cover like this will generate another forum storm for sure!

Very true, IBTY is their cheesy song. It almost sounded like it was written specifically for New Moon. :wtf:

Bass clarinet solos do not equal cheese. :phu:

Why do people always go on about Twilight on here? Some of us aren't 14 and couldn't give two shits about it or know anything about it!

I don't know why are you complaining so much about Resistance. There's nothing wrong about it, it's their masterpeace and something Matt really wanted to do and was very exited about it (as he said in many interviews). Can't you see? This is a REAL MUSE. They're growing with each album musically and personally and lyrically. So don't expect matt will always write some hard rock tunes how he's disapointed about the world. And specially, don't expect every their album to be the same. You never know, what they're going to do next and that's the reason why they're so great and special. And I don't find songs like Resistance to be cheesy, there has been much progress in Matt's lyrics. I belong to you is a really good song and it definitly wasn't written for twilight...come on, the opera section from Samson and Delilah??? How on the earth can you say it was written for vampire movie. Maybe the lyrics from Neutron Star Collison aren't that good, but sorry, there are some much more terrible lyrics in Muse collection;). So, I agree, muse 'cheesyness' didn't start with Resistance, it started with Unintended. It's true, Origin of Simetry doesn't contain any 'cheesy' songs, but the lyrics aren't that good as the lyrics from Resistance, except Feeling Good WHICH IS A COVER and definitly there's nothing cheesy on it. So stop complaining and go and read meanings of their songs.:rolleyes:

Archived