Muse's cheesy love songs did NOT start with The Resistance

membername

Nah, if you're in the mood for it, it's pretty epic.

I will fight to defend it :phu:

Unintended is really beautiful, epic i don't know but i love it and i'll fight you (make me think about some lyrics [you & i must fight to survive] lool).

Anyway, to me matt isn't good at poetry. Remember "Sing for absoluuuution" :LOL: this song is a joke

Just my opinion :p Let's go for violence! TSP forever :musesign:

So basically, the cheesy Muse songs are Feeling Good, Starlight, and Unintended.I'm trying to do a consensus of everybody's opinions.

Feeling Good doesn't count because it was a cover. duh:D

Unintended is either "epic" or "too cheesy".

Starlight is... geez, just something else. or the same as Unintended

Now, to say that Muse's cheesy love songs didn't start with the Resistance you'll need more basis than 2 songs.:)

So basically, the cheesy Muse songs are Feeling Good, Starlight, and Unintended.I'm trying to do a consensus of everybody's opinions.

Feeling Good doesn't count because it was a cover. duh:D

Unintended is either "epic" or "too cheesy".

Starlight is... geez, just something else. or the same as Unintended

Now, to say that Muse's cheesy love songs didn't start with the Resistance you'll need more basis than 2 songs.:)

Only the OP mentioned Feeling Good as being cheesy.

Being a cover has nothing to do with it not being cheesy.

And no, it only takes one song to start something. That's like saying "McDonald's food has only been unhealthy in recent years, because they only had one or two burgers to begin with".

Nah, if you're in the mood for it, it's pretty epic.

I will fight to defend it :phu:

+1. I love it. Though, I don't think it suits Matt's operatic-sounding voice nowadays.. 02 Matt was best for live Unintended :LOL:

Being a cover has nothing to do with it not being cheesy.

And no, it only takes one song to start something. That's like saying "McDonald's food has only been unhealthy in recent years, because they only had one or two burgers to begin with".

I didn't mean that to say that Feeling Good wasn't cheesy. I just meant to say that Feeling Good shouldn't be in the "Muse's cheesy love songs..." because they didn't write it.

But you are right. It does take one song to start something. But when the OP says "Muse's cheesy love songs" it comes to my mind that there is a lot of Muse songs that are cheesy love songs. But that's just me.:D

I didn't mean that to say that Feeling Good wasn't cheesy. I just meant to say that Feeling Good shouldn't be in the "Muse's cheesy love songs..." because they didn't write it.

But you are right. It does take one song to start something. But when the OP says "Muse's cheesy love songs" it comes to my mind that there is a lot of Muse songs that are cheesy love songs. But that's just me.:D

Songs. Plural, meaning 2 or more.

Unintended and Starlight = 2 songs.

What was matt thinking when he wrote feeling good.....starlight isn't that bad but what the hell was that about?!!?!

it's on their album origin of symmtery haven't you heard it, and it was performed by MUSE

Geez! It's a cover, you can google it:p

But two songs just barely makes it. I would be more convinced if it was at least 5 songs.

i know how much hate i'll get for this, but :

Bliss could almost be considered cheesy (verses are quite cheesy and it sounds more pop than rock imo)

endlessly is cheesy

invincible is cheesy (i know its new-era muse so its dont helping, but its not resistance so you get my point)

Shine is cheesy (bside, but still)

Geez! It's sarcasm, you can google it :p

I'm not gonna even start with you...

Anyways, I think this thread wouldn't even be started if it wasnt's for NSC release.

Still, there are few other "love songs" from Muse like "Guiding Light" (hated so much on this board), "I belong to you" , "MotP", "Sing for Absolution", "Uno"....

Still, not all of them are cheesy:)

Go on, shoot me now:p

What the hell, Bliss cheesy? Is there a new meaning for cheesy that I haven't heard about? Like "things with emotion"?

Bliss is a love song, but it is not (as) cheesy.

Cheesy love songs are the kind of really over-the-top ones where the vocals have added emphasis because it's the lyrics that are supposed to win over 'potential love'. Added to the cliched music and you have recipe for a cheese-fest.

Bliss places far more emphasis on the music than on the vocals, which was generally the formula for most pre '06 Muse songs.

I'm not gonna even start with you...

...okay?

Anyways, I think this thread wouldn't even be started if it wasnt's for NSC release.

Still, there are few other "love songs" from Muse like "Guiding Light" (hated so much on this board), "I belong to you" , "MotP", "Sing for Absolution", "Uno"....

Still, not all of them are cheesy:)

Go on, shoot me now:p

Why would you even think anyone would disagree with that? What you just did was mentioning some of Muse's love songs and then said that they aren't all cheesy. Do you think anyone here would call for example MotP cheesy?

Bliss is a love song, but it is not (as) cheesy.

Cheesy love songs are the kind of really over-the-top ones where the vocals have added emphasis because it's the lyrics that are supposed to win over 'potential love'. Added to the cliched music and you have recipe for a cheese-fest.

Bliss places far more emphasis on the music than on the vocals, which was generally the formula for most pre '06 Muse songs.

Why are you quoting me and not the people claiming it to be cheesy? :p

I know what cheesy means, but people here seem to have a completely different view on it.

Archived