Muse's cheesy love songs did NOT start with The Resistance

membername

What was matt thinking when he wrote feeling good.....starlight isn't that bad but what the hell was that about?!!?!

Feeling Good isn't a love song and it's a cover.

it's on their album origin of symmtery haven't you heard it, and it was performed by MUSE

What was matt thinking when he wrote feeling good.....starlight isn't that bad but what the hell was that about?!!?!

it's on their album origin of symmtery haven't you heard it, and it was performed by MUSE

Are you just outright dimwitted?

Well, truthfully, Matt isn't the hottest song writer in terms of lyrics but (and I'm saying this for about the fifth time) love is not Matt's...um...muse. Just doesn't get his song writing mojo going. You'd have hoped he'd learnt his lesson with Unintended but apparently not.

If it continues we'll have to stage some sort of intervention :D

Nah, if you're in the mood for it, it's pretty epic.

I will fight to defend it :phu:

same

I'm hoping that will be the last time I hear "Unintended" and "epic" in the same sentence.

well you fail cause i see no unintended in that sentence.

motha 'ucka

edit; starlight ain't cheesy. it's class. i don't get this whole cheesy thing, because it's a love / song of passion doesn't make it cheesy, but nsc, well. that was pure cheese.

same

motha 'ucka

edit; starlight ain't cheesy. it's class. i don't get this whole cheesy thing, because it's a love / song of passion doesn't make it cheesy, but nsc, well. that was pure cheese.

do i smell a fotc quote there? :awesome:

Before Black Holes and Revelations, the cheesy love songs generally weren't singles. Unintended was but it got dropped from the set fairly quickly. Endlessly must be the least played song from Absolution (excluding FAWY). It's just once you get to the BHaR-era and beyond that the cheesy love songs increase exponentially and gain in importance. Starlight is a single and a staple. Invincible is a single and took ages to fuck off, Resistance is a single and a staple, Guiding Light is played more than MK Ultra. NSC exists. Unintended returned to the sets in 2007 after a very long absence and still made appearances in 2009 to fit in with the cheesy love fest.

Thats the point people are trying to make. I think.

same

motha 'ucka

Damnit, I fail :( But seriously, HOW is unintended epic?

Archived