I have noticed that, with NSC in particular, Muse's music has sort of become more focused on Matt as a singer (sort of in the way Unintended was), which isn't really a working formula to be honest. Matt has a good voice, but I don't think it holds up particularly well on it's own- it's a rock band voice in other words, it's designed to be surrounded by instruments.

The worst of those three songs is probably Guiding Light for me, I just don't like the way it sounds. NSC is at least very catchy, and Invincible is good live. My reaction to Invincible live means it's still held in better regard than the other two despite the studio version being not so good.

wtf are you even on about?

guiding light brian may rip off

NSC, bonnie tyler rip off

End of thread.

Clearly not a fan of good music or original ideas, both things that Matt Bellamy produces more than enough of of a daily basis to satisfy my musical tastes. And if you think thats because I like shitty music, consider this; Radiohead, Queen, Editors and White Lies round out the top 5 of my favorite bands. Maybe you're just a douche bag...:p

well they've stolen enough of the knights of cydonia rhythm section for this song. As for best muse solo, i'd go with darkshines or hysteria

Dom Howard wrote the drums fills for that so you cant really steal what you wrote, its just transposed in a altered form. And by no means am I saying that it's there best solo ever or yet to come because god (just kidding god doesn't exist and we all hopefully know that) knows that BHAR was bare of any solo work, someone so with TR as well. I think Invincible, Hysteria, TOADA and the live version of Butterflies and Hurricanes off of H.A.A.R.P. would hold that title...

Oh dear. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

What? People actually like Jimmy Page's pointless noodling?

Clearly not a fan of good music or original ideas, both things that Matt Bellamy produces more than enough of of a daily basis to satisfy my musical tastes. And if you think thats because I like shitty music, consider this; Radiohead, Queen, Editors and White Lies round out the top 5 of my favorite bands. Maybe you're just a douche bag...:p

What the hell are you on about? Muse haven't had an original idea for a long, long time. NSC just sounds like a 50's/60's pop song run through 80's cheese production, which was done in the 80's when it was original :facepalm:

Editors & White Lies are far from original, so you're doing yourself no favours there ;)

I agree, they just recycle the same old musical ideas from 1979 to the early 80's, nothing new at all.

This is true. I do like the aforementioned bands but it's just taking a fresh perspective on old ideas, if it's done well it's fine.

This is true. I do like the aforementioned bands but it's just taking a fresh perspective on old ideas, if it's done well it's fine.

But it's a tried and tested formula that never lasted beyond at least the early 80's, and these bands are doing nothing to make something new and creative.

Personally, I think Invincible is an awesome song and the intro/bass/solo are all amazing. I shit you not. Live is even better.

Guiding Light is a U2 fail.

I'm not sure about NSC yet... it's alright. The solo is weak and very 80's.

EDIT: To inject my own uninvited opinion to the above arguement, I happen to like White Lies and Editors. They've polished and remolded what Joy Division and other groups started, and they've done it very well, adding modern influence and production.

EDIT: To inject my own uninvited opinion to the above arguement, I happen to like White Lies and Editors. They've polished and remolded what Joy Division and other groups started, and they've done it very well, adding modern influence and production.

I'd argue it's only the modern production, but then again no modern production as ever came close to replicating what Martin Hannett did in the studio with all the bands he worked with.

Archived