I thought Screenager was the most disliked song? I never got the hate for that, think it's one of the best slower songs Matt has written

I really like it. It's definitely one of the most difficult guitar pieces he's created.

I thought Screenager was the most disliked song? I never got the hate for that, think it's one of the best slower songs Matt has written

Is it really?! That does surprise me! Great song in my opinion!

before guiding light and people getting bored of starlight it was screenager that was hated. I guess people don't hate it passionately like they do say invincible or dear old NSC but it's mentioned a lot on the least favourite song discussions

before guiding light and people getting bored of starlight it was screenager that was hated. I guess people don't hate it passionately like they do say invincible or dear old NSC but it's mentioned a lot on the least favourite song discussions

I think Screenager was one of the least liked songs back when Muse were consistently excellent and didn't actually release anything that was truly atrocious in the vein of NSC and Guiding Shite.

I'm not a fan of solos in general' date=' especially when they go on too long.[/quote']

60's psychedelic guitar solos are awesome, especially when they go on a bit too long :chuckle:

Once you get into Prog rock, long solos instantly become awful.

Some guitarists just aren't born to solo and great in other ways. In my opinion, Jimmy Page is awful at solos, often the only points were Led Zep were uninteresting.

It is a bit odd, especially that there are other , worse songs like "Screenager" or " Sober".

I personally like all those 3 you mentioned.

:'( Screenager and Sober are in my Muse top 10.

As for the OT... NSC's solo actually made me cringe, while I like the rest of the song. So.... I disagree. :p I don't particularly care for solos, but I do enjoy them for what they are... I guess. Wow, way to be assertive Tofu... Why am I speaking in the third person?

As for the OT... NSC's solo actually made me cringe, while I like the rest of the song. So.... I disagree. :p I don't particularly care for solos, but I do enjoy them for what they are... I guess. Wow, way to be assertive Tofu... Why am I speaking in the third person?

:LOL::LOL::LOL: But seriously, Screenager and Sober are in your top ten? I like them both, Screenager more, but :wtf: And I love the Invincible solo, it's mesmerizing, gives me chills every time. I also really like the GL solo, but NSC not so much. Fun song, unremarkable solo.

Guiding light sounds like something between bad Bon Jovi and that bit in a film where there's a slow dance at the prom and the hero/ine gets into a fight with their love interest.

I've said this on another thread but Invincible/Guiding Light/NSC - all love songs. All awful (in my opinion). Matt and Love does not a great writing combo make.

oh, c'mon, are you for real? I am not saying I hate these two, but top 10?!

As for the solos.. well, I am actually the Matt's guitar solos lover, they always make me...well, wish that I was that good... *dreams away*

That's just me, but how can you not "particularly care for solos"?

Unless you are more of "piano-is-a-much-better sound" type of person :D

Guiding light sounds like something between bad Bon Jovi and that bit in a film where there's a slow dance at the prom and the hero/ine gets into a fight with their love interest.

I've said this on another thread but Invincible/Guiding Light/NSC - all love songs. All awful (in my opinion). Matt and Love does not a great writing combo make.

That is pretty much how I feel. Endlessly was pushing it for Matt's love-writing abilities and then he just got worse with each subsequent attempt.

oh, c'mon, are you for real? I am not saying I hate these two, but top 10?!

As for the solos.. well, I am actually the Matt's guitar solos lover, they always make me...well, wish that I was that good... *dreams away*

That's just me, but how can you not "particularly care for solos"?

Unless you are more of "piano-is-a-much-better sound" type of person :D

I don't really care for solos that doesn't bring anything new to the song, for example NSC.

(Screenager <3)

i thought everyone hated Jimmy Kane and Feeling Good?

Feeling Good is mainly hated for the fact it takes up a piano song slot on the set and counts as 'an old song'.

Jimmy Kane was just a laugh from the 'What should they play at Wembley?' thread.

Feeling Good is mainly hated for the fact it takes up a piano song slot on the set and counts as 'an old song'.

Jimmy Kane was just a laugh from the 'What should they play at Wembley?' thread.

i love FG and always sing it in the shower. :chuckle:

i can understand hate for GL and NSC, but Invincible...:erm:

i love FG and always sing it in the shower. :chuckle:

i can understand hate for GL and NSC, but Invincible...:erm:

slow, dreary, takes ages to do anything, really noticeably cheesy lyrics. Bass tapping part and solo is alright just can't stand the rest of the song. It kinda an attempt to write an uplifting anthem that Muse seem insistent on doing with each release these days :LOL:

60's psychedelic guitar solos are awesome, especially when they go on a bit too long :chuckle:

Once you get into Prog rock, long solos instantly become awful.

Some guitarists just aren't born to solo and great in other ways. In my opinion, Jimmy Page is awful at solos, often the only points were Led Zep were uninteresting.

Oh dear. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Archived