EDIT: To inject my own uninvited opinion to the above arguement, I happen to like White Lies and Editors. They've polished and remolded what Joy Division and other groups started, and they've done it very well, adding modern influence and production.

All modern bands will add modern production and to be honest, in this day & age, it would be hard to get away with early 80's indie production :chuckle:

They aren't bad bands at all, just wouldn't want to namedrop them if I was trying to make a point about "originality" :)

All modern bands will add modern production and to be honest, in this day & age, it would be hard to get away with early 80's indie production :chuckle:

They aren't bad bands at all, just wouldn't want to namedrop them if I was trying to make a point about "originality" :)

They aren't bad, to be honest it's time we move on from the 80's and more into the 2010's.

Does anyone find it odd that Invincible, Guiding Light & Neutron Star Collision are three of the most disputably hated Muse songs and yet all three have probably some of the best solo work of Matt in recent Muse history. I personally love all three but I was thinking about this before...

I agree that all of those are examples of some of his best vocals. But a lot of people seem to only like dark, angry Muse with a lot of falsetto to convey it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the falsetto almost as much as anyone, but I like it also when Matt shows he doesn't have to rely on it to be amazing. His incredibly distinctive voice was one the major things that drew me to Muse in the first place and I enjoy songs that give him a chance to showcase how broad his range is, even without the falsetto.

To all you people bashing on Muse and in addition Editors and White Lies, I suppose you totally have every right to since your songs are sooo much better, you know the ones you wrote ...oh

sorry we will stop airing our opinions now. kthxbi

To all you people bashing on Muse and in addition Editors and White Lies, I suppose you totally have every right to since your songs are sooo much better, you know the ones you wrote ...oh

http://soundcloud.com/3rd-storey-chemist/crimson-r3gret-inhumane-version

Described by one person as "the worst song he'd ever heard" :happy: Been played on radio n stuff.

- Bit repetitive, but whatever.

and

http://www.myspace.com/ragdollgirlmusic

Sadly now defunct. :(

As a mod I must now tell you, if you express any opinion over someone else's creative output without first evidencing your own endeavours in that field you shall be banned until you have attempted to create in that field.

JK. But seriously...

As a mod I must now tell you, if you express any opinion over someone else's creative output without first evidencing your own endeavours in that field you shall be banned until you have attempted to create in that field.

JK. But seriously...

Owned

Oh please. Do guiding Light and NSC have better solos than new born, citizen erased, showbiz, sunburn? No.

Guiding Light solo is better than New Born and Sunburn's solos.

Most solos are better than New Born's studio.

Does anyone find it odd that Invincible, Guiding Light & Neutron Star Collision are three of the most disputably hated Muse songs and yet all three have probably some of the best solo work of Matt in recent Muse history. I personally love all three but I was thinking about this before...

Why do so many ppl hate Invincible :mad:

wow...every last one of you really are cunts...who would've thought...

Why is that?

I posted a few examples of my own music (Which I don't expect you to like), I don't see how that qualifies my opinions to have any more value. Where's your's dare I ask?

Archived