Guiding Light is definitely the weakest track on The Resistance, and it could have been replaced with something a bit rougher and rockier, to finish the album off. Guiding Light wouldn't be a bad b-side.

Invincible is a great motivating song, and is special live. I remember first listening to a live recording from Lisbon, and it gave me shivers to hear all those people singing along. I think its worthy of BH&R, not the best track Muse have ever done, but great.

As for NSC, well, I try not to take it seriously, ignore the obvious lyrics and embrace the cheese :D Its ridiculous, and I still love it, even if I know it isn't good for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I like all three of the songs, Invincible has to be one of the most uplifting things in the world. I don't get why people hate the lyrics so much. Positive ≠ bad writing, fans are just used to angst in Muse's lyrics. From what I feel when I listen to it, it seems to me that what Matt is saying is genuine and heartfelt. I'm not sure if I could say the same for GL and NSC there, they both feel a bit theatrical. Even so they all have their charms and are definetely listenable, I certainly enjoy them more than some of the Showbiz B-sides.

This is all imo btw so dont take offence.

Guiding light/nsc are the worst songs that muse have produced. Doesnt matter how technically amazing (even though they arent) people think it is, they are just shit, plain and simple. I cant handle the cheese.

Invincibl, i love the solo and its also my dads favourite muse song so its not as bad.

I used to HATE Invincible. Just a few days ago I was talking about how much I despised that song. Then I forced myself to listen to it and now it's bearable. Amazing solo!!

I love Guiding Light :phu: Really like the beat. I never listen to lyrics on the first hearing, I normally like songs for the "sound" and not the "message" so it wasn't corny or cheesy to me.

I really liked NSC at first, and kinda overplayed it. Now I can't really listen to it because I played it too much. The piano bits at the beginning and the end are lovely though

Sorry, but i really cant force myself to like guiding light! and believe me, i tryed :stunned:

NSC at first i was kind of scepticle because of the whole twilight stuff but once i stopped thinking about that i really liked it!! :)

and, in my opinion, invincible is without a doubt the best of those 3 songs, but still is not one of my favourites or even top 10 for that matter.... :rolleyes:

Archived