The NSC solo isn't very impressive, but I like it anyway. Invincible is a great song. I can see what they tried to do with Guiding Light, but they didn't really manage it; I think it's alright though.

I see why people don't like them: they're considered extremely cheesy. NSC and GL definitely are, but the sentimentality in Invincible works out okay.

May I ask why you don't like " I belong to you"? I'm just curious:)

I cannot explain.. iI was really hopeful with the 30 second clip and then heard the full version and absolutely hated it... for me, it is the only Muse song that actually carries that honor.

I thought it would be a grower so listened lots of times through gritted teeth trying my best to like it but still absolutely hated it. So, I deleted it.

Its quite irrational how I hate it so much, I just do.... with a passion.

I love guiding light, the lyrics are great (IMO) and the last line makes me go all :supersad: :'( Guiding Light is what Invincible should have been.

I totally agree! Don't get it why people don't like it

My brother doesn't like it. He says that it sounds too much like Maroon 5 and the French interlude section is just cringeworthy. He said that the only part he likes is the Clarinet Solo.

But regardless of what he said, I still love it.

I also love Guiding Light, Invincible and Neutron Star Collision for that matter. :phu:

I find it amazing that people mention Starlight. The vocal melodies (best heard on the HAARP version) before the guitar kicks in are stunning. Sure it's relatively 'poppy' but I think that is one of Matt's finest moments. This is coming from someone who thinks Yes Please is one of Muse's best songs ;)

Out of those 3 the Invincible solo is the best by miles, I wouldn't care if Guiding Light had a 5 minute finger tapping solo it would still suck.......

....OK I lie it would be feckin' awesome. :LOL:

I cannot explain.. iI was really hopeful with the 30 second clip and then heard the full version and absolutely hated it... for me, it is the only Muse song that actually carries that honor.

I thought it would be a grower so listened lots of times through gritted teeth trying my best to like it but still absolutely hated it. So, I deleted it.

Its quite irrational how I hate it so much, I just do.... with a passion.

I love guiding light, the lyrics are great (IMO) and the last line makes me go all :supersad: :'( Guiding Light is what Invincible should have been.

Fair enough, thanks:)

Does anyone find it odd that Invincible, Guiding Light & Neutron Star Collision are three of the most disputably hated Muse songs and yet all three have probably some of the best solo work of Matt in recent Muse history. I personally love all three but I was thinking about this before...

I hate all three solos. Especially in NSC. Actually no I hate the Invincible solo more. No wait...

Just goes to show...

Muse can't solo. Invincible one is alright I guess.

But they can...

Sunburn, Showbiz, CE, Hysteria, Blackout, Take A Bow(sort of a bridge I suppose), Exo Politics, Invincible, Easily, Fury, The Groove, Guiding Light, Unnatural Selection, Overture.

All great solos IMO.

At the same time they're not really a solo band IMO.

When you think of Muse you think of, piano, massive riffs and Matt's unique voice ect. Not necessarily solo work.

I find it amazing that people mention Starlight. The vocal melodies (best heard on the HAARP version) before the guitar kicks in are stunning. Sure it's relatively 'poppy' but I think that is one of Matt's finest moments. This is coming from someone who thinks Yes Please is one of Muse's best songs ;)

Out of those 3 the Invincible solo is the best by miles, I wouldn't care if Guiding Light had a 5 minute finger tapping solo it would still suck.......

....OK I lie it would be feckin' awesome. :LOL:

Starlight is SUPER underrated around here. It has a fabulous melody and is quite dark and melancholic for a chart-topper. The bass kicks ass as well.

Im still waiting for the day that matt does a PROPER solo.. Invincible is probably one of the most "technical" he does due to the difficults of the tapping shapes, and hysteria is an awesome all round solo, but other than that, all of the solos are pretty piss and usually last barely any time at all.

There are a good few songs which come close to having average technicality, but I want matt to do something which is pwoper awesome and doesnt cheat with a whammy pedal!

NSC solo isnt very good at all, It sounds as if it was rushed without time to produce anything with any real substance.

and I hate that spasticated "horse neigh" bend at the end :LOL:

Probably gonna get shot for this but i think NSC is guiding light done right.

That's a good way of putting it actually. But it still def needs less cheese and more chilli - i.e. RAWK MUSIC!

As for the solo... No, NSC is not a great contender at all. Invincible is only good live - album version is okay. And GL is also only okay. I fail to see how the OP claims these are some of Matt's best when you've got the likes of New Born, Darkshines, Hysteria, Showbiz etc. etc.

Im still waiting for the day that matt does a PROPER solo.. Invincible is probably one of the most "technical" he does due to the difficults of the tapping shapes, and hysteria is an awesome all round solo, but other than that, all of the solos are pretty piss and usually last barely any time at all.

There are a good few songs which come close to having average technicality, but I want matt to do something which is pwoper awesome and doesnt cheat with a whammy pedal!

NSC solo isnt very good at all, It sounds as if it was rushed without time to produce anything with any real substance.

and I hate that spasticated "horse neigh" bend at the end :LOL:

egh. why? Guitar solos are overrated in this genre. Breaks up the rhythm too much.

Archived