How muse saved my life

weishar

My wife has a somewhat similar story about Muse. She has been on some pretty serious painkillers, fentanyl and oxycodone, the last few years due to a couple of car wrecks. I know you've all probably heard of oxy, but the for those of you wondering, fentanyl is a pain patch that is about 80 times more powerful than morphine alone. She was at the next to highest dosage of fentanyl and at about 30mg of oxy a day when her doctor decided to completely yank her off of them practically cold turkey. She went through some absolutely horrible withdrawals. If you wonder what she went through, watch Trainspotting and fast-forward to when Ewen MacGregor is going through his heroin withdrawals. Then think about the fact that fentanyl is more powerful than heroin. (She did have hallucinations, but luckily there were no dead babies crawling across the ceiling at her) The only thing that would calm her down enough at night so she could sleep was Muse. So I am fully convinced that Muse probably saved her from doing something horrible to herself to escape her withdrawals. Thank you very much for sharing your story, and thank you Muse for providing a Guiding Light to all of us in shadow.

Wow, that is another amazing story. :supersad:

I can't say I've been saved by Muse... my life has never reached such lows, and I am thankful for that. But I will say that whenever I listen to Muse I just feel a sense of elation or just pure tranquility. Even on the bleaker songs, there's always an undertone of hope that just makes me happy.

Obviously not everyone feels this way, and people grow out of love, but I really fell like there is something in Muse's music that when it does touch your heartstrings, it hits you hard and doesn't let go easily. :happy:

"Together We're invincible" ......

Folks... That girl and muse has kept me alive for a whole year as of April 26th 2010

Why is Muse amazing?

Muse is amazinf because they gave people who lost hope.. hope again and their lyrics speak to us in ways other bands dont.

I dont know any of you people but i know we matter because of Muse we all love the band and because of that we are united :)

You may be gangster, prep, goth, emo, doesnt matter because we care about the same thing and THAT is what matters.

So to everyone on the forum THANK YOU because i want you to know YOU TOO just by taking part in loving this band saved my life take care everyone.

Thank you,

Mike Weishar

Mike,

I feel like a big baby right now, but when you sit back and read something that hit's so close to home and then something posted about yourself - I kinda lost it!

My husband "Slycer" told me about your post - we weren't going to post what I had gone through, but after reading your post I'm glad that you both posted what the two of us went through.

I know life without a parent is hard and when you loose half of your loved ones in the process it is extremely hard. I'm pushing 40 and still don't really "know" anyone on my Dad's side. My parents divorced when I was 6 1/2.

There were lots of times thoughts crossed my mind over the years for different situations. There was only once that I came close, thankfully I couldn't find the razorblades, I was 15 and had almost 2 hours before my mom got home the last day of grade 10 [-I still refuse to talk to the guy I've thought about it with my 20 year reunion this summer, but won't.] I had to have a Guiding Lite somewhere that I couldn't see.

This time around it was the doctors having me slap patches on and swallowing Oxy down and the pain was only getting worse. Withdrawals a Bitch!!! I am still having some problems, but at least I can see the sun again.

I hope this woman knows how important she is to you, I hope my husband knows how important he is to me too! I wish you both well with much happiness for all your days!!

And for those of you out there that feel like you have slipped away take the nearest outreached hand Life only FEELS like a bottomless pit sometimes.

I have to Thank the divine entity(ies) for MUSE and all the MUSE FANS - Without you We may not have been here!:$

I don't want to hijack the thread, or anything... but Muse definitely saved my life as well.

You see... I'm not the happiest chap. I have lived in a small isolated village all my life, and have been home educated as well. There are no other kids my age around here - literally, none - and, combined with no school, that meant I have had hardly any friends outside the internet for the last sixteen years.

I rarely receive hugs. In fact, I'm rarely even touched. Girls ignore me. And I felt like utter shit every day of my life... I'm worthless, cowardly, stupid, and an awful person. Being as isolated and lonely as I am takes its toll on your mind. I cried silently a lot of nights, because every aspect of my life seemed to be going wrong.

I am ugly, I am a virgin, I am stupid, I will never get a good job, I will die a lonely old man without even having my first kiss, I thought.

All I wanted was happiness. A beautiful family that loved me, and was there for me... good looks... tons of friends... looking forward to spending my life with an amazing wife and kids, and having a great job. Why does this seem so far away for me? Why am I deprived of this?

There is a lot wrong inside my head. I'm not sure if I could ever explain it all, and if I could, I'm sure it would take years.

But Muse brought me out of it. I heard them when I borrowed my sister's copy of Black Holes & Revelations (which is now mine), and was hooked. Long story short, I found the music so beautiful and amazing that it brought me out of many a jaded time.

There are still bad times, when things are absolutely unfair, and I go up to my room and cry. Despite what I said earlier, I thought many times about getting my guitar cord and just tying a knot around my neck. Yes, that would be slow and painful, but I just wanted out of all this shit so badly that I didn't care.

But when this happened, and I thought like that, I simply got into bed and let the MP3s roll. The music of Muse was like my own little world... every song was a theatre, an experience, a safe sanctuary I could find solace in under the duvet. Every Muse song is like a member of a big "family" of sorts, let alone Matt, Dom and Chris themselves.

Matt, Dom, Chris... all the songs... all the albums... hell, even all of Matt's Mansons, and Chris' basses... one big family to me. My best mates.

And they didn't just help on the emotional front, either. When I say I am home educated, I use the term very loosely. It's more like "slap the kid in front a computer for a few hours, that'll shut him up". As a result, I know tons about guitars and cars, but jack shit about anything else. Maths, science, politics... all a big mystery.

I wanted to be a race driver... I adored cars. They were my first love, way before music. But... to get into driving, you need qualifications, a bit of an education, money, all sorts of stuff. It was pretty late anyway, because most successful drivers get into a race kart at eight years old (incidentally, as a child, Jenson Button raced and trained at the local track, very near here)... I still don't have anything at sixteen years old.

So I felt like I wasn't going to get anywhere in my life.

But then came the video of Knights of Cydonia at HAARP. I had just got into Muse, and we got a new PC that played YouTube better than the last. I thought "well, I can play YouTube properly now... I might see what these Muse guys are like live"

And, let me tell you - I looked up the right video, because my jaw was on the floor. Go and see the video, on the official Muse channel, which is the very same one I logged onto that day. Check out 1:18 to 1:25 - the camera revolves around Matt as he blasts into the main melody section, with flashing lights and a stupidly epic stage behind him. Then it cuts to him in front of the crowd, all of them jumping with the music.

And, just after that bit - 1:18 to 1:25 - I said aloud "that is what I want to do with my life". It was always there. I was playing guitar only as a hobby. But this video made me realize... I could be a musician! You don't need PHDs and sodding O-levels and bloody-everything levels to get into music. It still takes work, but it's out in the field... not the classroom. Muse not only cheered me the hell up more times than I can count, they brought me out of uncertainty about where I could get in life.

I'm off to college later in the year (I hope), so not only will I acquire more brainpower, I may finally have friends... maybe even a band... and possibly even a girl.

So... Muse brought me out of certain doom and saved my life. Literally. I am quite sure that, without them, I would be dead. I haven't even scratched the surface in this post, but I'm not even sure if I can actually write it all.

Things are still rubbish, but with the music of Muse, I am brought out of it, and whisked away to a brilliant fantasy world of my own. And I am given a little glimmer of hope that, no matter how bad things get, things might just look up for me :)

That's a beautiful story :')

I had a similar experience a few years ago. I was bullied really badly in middle school, and I genuinely think I would have killed myself if it weren't for the fact that I would come home to listen to Muse everyday after school. They're just amazing.

I cried.

Me too :supersad:

Amazing stories in here. Muse definitely do help through tough times.

They helped me when I (due to family circumstances) had to very abruptly move to England. It was completely heartbreaking for me to say goodbye to everyone I'd known and loved so quickly and I was completely emotionally drained. The day I left I listened to Muse the whole journey and it really helped me through it. Tough times indeed. :(

Yes..alot of amazing stories on here..I just love going on here..I just love muse in general i feel like matt dom and chris are the brothers i never had..And on here all of you are like my family.

Muse is my life. And im glad Muse is my life. I've went through ALOT so far of my 16 years of life..Havent really had anyone there for me..always been put down and have had no self asteem..But Muse has helped me so much..Including all the fans on here along with me. You are incredible and i love you all. :happy:

One big family on here basically i feel ahaha im cheesy but thats how i feel i guess you can say. Im a very emotionial person in many ways and people always make quick judgements on me because i express myself way to much like i did right now but i just like to spill out everything.

Gosh, it's so amazing to know that there is other people in the world that feel the same way as me. I don't know much people around where I live that like Muse so this just makes me extremely happy.

I always thought that a musical connection between people can be stronger than a love connection and it's easier to obtain. It's easier because you don't even need to know the person face to face, the musical connection is in your soul. It's the same connection I have with all my favorite musicians (and they don't even know I exist. :chuckle: )

Muse has helped me through so many tough times since 07. They are my heroes and I'm so thankful for them. :happy:

• 1 month later...

I don't have a story quite as dramatic as these, but I definitely owe my life to Muse. I spent 4 years depressed, but I refused to let myself feel. The only way I could express how I feel was through Muse's lyrics. About a month ago I got to the point were I was constantly fighting suicidal thoughts, I saw everything as a way to take my life, so I lived listening to Muse and found "don't give up the fight, you will be alright" from Invincible particularly helpful. Last Saturday I was at Glastonbury and very near the front. They were playing Hysteria. I was in a lot of pain: I had blisters, falling arches, sunburn and I'd pulled muscles in my shoulders, but I didn't care. I realised it was the happiest moment of my life and that I could be happy AND hurt, the happiness just out-weighs the pain. I know I may never completely get rid of depression, but Muse really helps me and when I'm really down I know that if, even for nothing else, I need to live to hear Muse.

At the minute I finished reading this,I said to myself "BLACKOUT". I think that this song was created for you. I always said, how Muse aren't just another nice britrock band. It's way more than this. MUSE ARE PAIN RELIEF! I mean It. and there you go, You just proved It. I'm glad to hear that story. I've actually been through some things, and theres no doubt that Muse saved some hopeless situations of mine. I don't think that there's another band out there that can do as much as Muse can. This is unbelievable, this is breathtaking.

Take care!

I don't have a story quite as dramatic as these, but I definitely owe my life to Muse. I spent 4 years depressed, but I refused to let myself feel. The only way I could express how I feel was through Muse's lyrics. About a month ago I got to the point were I was constantly fighting suicidal thoughts, I saw everything as a way to take my life, so I lived listening to Muse and found "don't give up the fight, you will be alright" from Invincible particularly helpful. Last Saturday I was at Glastonbury and very near the front. They were playing Hysteria. I was in a lot of pain: I had blisters, falling arches, sunburn and I'd pulled muscles in my shoulders, but I didn't care. I realised it was the happiest moment of my life and that I could be happy AND hurt, the happiness just out-weighs the pain. I know I may never completely get rid of depression, but Muse really helps me and when I'm really down I know that if, even for nothing else, I need to live to hear Muse.

I'm really sorry to hear about your depression but thrilled to hear how you can use muse as an escape :happy: My dad's been depressed for a fair few years now so i have an idea of what it's like :(

I don't want to hijack the thread, or anything... but Muse definitely saved my life as well.

You see... I'm not the happiest chap. I have lived in a small isolated village all my life, and have been home educated as well. There are no other kids my age around here - literally, none - and, combined with no school, that meant I have had hardly any friends outside the internet for the last sixteen years.

I rarely receive hugs. In fact, I'm rarely even touched. Girls ignore me. And I felt like utter shit every day of my life... I'm worthless, cowardly, stupid, and an awful person. Being as isolated and lonely as I am takes its toll on your mind. Sometimes abusive parents don't help much either. I cried silently a lot of nights, because every aspect of my life seemed to be going wrong.

I am ugly, I am a virgin, I am stupid, I will never get a good job, I will die a lonely old man without even having my first kiss, I thought.

All I wanted was happiness. A beautiful family that loved me, and was there for me... good looks... tons of friends... looking forward to spending my life with an amazing wife and kids, and having a great job. Why does this seem so far away for me? Why am I deprived of this?

There is a lot wrong inside my head. I'm not sure if I could ever explain it all, and if I could, I'm sure it would take years.

But Muse brought me out of it. I heard them when I borrowed my sister's copy of Black Holes & Revelations (which is now mine), and was hooked. Long story short, I found the music so beautiful and amazing that it brought me out of many a jaded time.

There are still bad times, when things are absolutely unfair, and I go up to my room and cry. Despite what I said earlier, I thought many times about getting my guitar cord and just tying a knot around my neck. Yes, that would be slow and painful, but I just wanted out of all this shit so badly that I didn't care.

But when this happened, and I thought like that, I simply got into bed and let the MP3s roll. The music of Muse was like my own little world... every song was a theatre, an experience, a safe sanctuary I could find solace in under the duvet. Every Muse song is like a member of a big "family" of sorts, let alone Matt, Dom and Chris themselves.

Matt, Dom, Chris... all the songs... all the albums... hell, even all of Matt's Mansons, and Chris' basses... one big family to me. My best mates.

And they didn't just help on the emotional front, either. When I say I am home educated, I use the term very loosely. It's more like "slap the kid in front a computer for a few hours, that'll shut him up". As a result, I know tons about guitars and cars, but jack shit about anything else. Maths, science, politics... all a big mystery.

I wanted to be a race driver... I adored cars. They were my first love, way before music. But... to get into driving, you need qualifications, a bit of an education, money, all sorts of stuff. It was pretty late anyway, because most successful drivers get into a race kart at eight years old (incidentally, as a child, Jenson Button raced and trained at the local track, very near here)... I still don't have anything at sixteen years old.

But then came the video of Knights of Cydonia at HAARP. I had just got into Muse, and we got a new PC that played YouTube better than the last. I thought "well, I can play YouTube properly now... I might see what these Muse guys are like live"

And, let me tell you - I looked up the right video, because my jaw was on the floor. Go and see the video, on the official Muse channel, which is the very same one I logged onto that day. Check out 1:18 to 1:25 - the camera revolves around Matt as he blasts into the main melody section, with flashing lights and a stupidly epic stage behind him. Then it cuts to him in front of the crowd, all of them jumping with the music.

And, just after that bit - 1:18 to 1:25 - I said aloud "that is what I want to do with my life". It was always there. I was playing guitar only as a hobby. But this video made me realize... I could be a musician! You don't need PHDs and sodding O-levels and bloody-everything levels to get into music. It still takes work, but it's out in the field... not the classroom. Muse not only cheered me the hell up more times than I can count, they brought me out of uncertainty about where I could get in life.

I'm off to college later in the year (I hope), so not only will I acquire more brainpower, I may finally have friends... maybe even a band... and possibly even a girl.

So... Muse brought me out of certain doom and saved my life. Literally. I am quite sure that, without them, I would be dead. I haven't even scratched the surface in this post, but I'm not even sure if I can actually write it all.

Things are still rubbish, but with the music of Muse, I am brought out of it, and whisked away to a brilliant fantasy world of my own. And I am given a little glimmer of hope that, no matter how bad things get, things might just look up for me :)

Holy shit. :stunned: I just want to hug you right now! :supersad:

Hey guys,

Just read some amazing stories here and i found myself crying:supersad:

I'm afraid i dont have any similar story to share or atleast not on this level, but Muse do save my life everyday because they keep me going and give me something to really believe in (know its not the same as you but they really mean the world to me).

And you probably already know how wonderful it is to finally find something that you can relate to, something that makes you cry (of sadness and joy at the same time), that makes you want to get up and shout at every shitty thing that happens in life and in other occasions that teaches you to embrace the hardest, something that gives you hope, for me it was Endlessly(the first of many that made me FEEL)... Anyway, Thats what Muse are to me!

Thanks for sharing and remember that you are never alone, even if thousand miles away we are here for each other:happy:

wow, what an amazing and inspiring thread! thanks everyone for sharing your stories, my heart goes out to all of you! i love reading about other people's experiences, because it shows how much music can mean to people and how much they can relate. my parents don't understand why i enjoy going to concerts so much and why i spend most of my money on tickets, so it's great to meet others that feel the same astonishing effect from music! :)

This thread is making me cry :(

I rarely receive hugs. In fact, I'm rarely even touched. Girls ignore me. And I felt like utter shit every day of my life... I'm worthless, cowardly, stupid, and an awful person. Being as isolated and lonely as I am takes its toll on your mind. Sometimes abusive parents don't help much either. I cried silently a lot of nights, because every aspect of my life seemed to be going wrong.

Awww, Ethan :'( *Hugs*

I feel really stupid. I don't know what to say. I'm just so glad you people could find some hope with the help of Muse :happy:

:supersad::supersad:

:'(

Archived