Linkening to my previous reply, I'll share my controversial opinion...

Whilst I still find the music from Drones very, very good (even with some peaks of excellence), I would have loved more of they kept playing around with the electronic and poppy elements from T2L. Who knows, maybe it could've gotten them to experiment for real in the future.

No, no, I replied like that because I do really like Unsustainable! :laugh:

Oh, I guess I'm too used to people saying shit like that sarcastically here all the time :D

But I mean yeah. It's not like it's really to smash whammy up and down, do some slides and all that silly stuff, but hey, it's fun :D Unsustainable, imo, is just all Matt's signature moves during gigs in one song. Scratches from behind the nut, messing with whammy/trem, all sorts of slides and kaoss insanity. Good stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If they're comfortable using playback for vocal harmonies now, they should go all-in and play Assassin with the barbershop quartet, or Knights with the "no one's gonna take me alive" in falsetto etc.
They already do.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt mistaking Soldier's Poem for being on Absolution is the lamest Muse-related meme that has ever seen the light of day and every sincere joke I see about it briefly takes me to a very dark place comparitive to a minor existential crisis.

Matt mistaking Soldier's Poem for being on Absolution is the lamest Muse-related meme that has ever seen the light of day and every sincere joke I see about it briefly takes me to a very dark place comparitive to a minor existential crisis.

Tbf Soldier's Poem was initially written in the Absolution sessions so I could see why the memory might slip.

Less of an excuse for when he thought Map of the Problematique was on Absolution, mind.

• 2 months later...