I'm more than happy to state when I dislike a Muse song, but I love Guiding Light, Explorers, Big Freeze, and to a slightly less controversial extent, Revolt

No problem, if you like them. I like Explorers, and the beginning of Aftermath until the chorus "..from this moment..." :stunned:

If you're fooling us tough...:fear:.::phu:

:LOL:

It sounded so boring live, but it's not amongst their worst works in my opinion. Just slightly above, but still above.

It's one of their very few tracks that (at least to me) sound much better in their studio version than the live one.

In live performances I watched on video, it seems it just didn't come out as lively and energic as on the album; if anything (and that's a bit discouraging), the band looked nearly always not-so-motivated while performing it, and almost seemingly bored as you said. It's a real pity, because - in opposition to what many claim - I find the tempo changes funny and quite creative, considering it's "just" a somewhat pop-rock song, and I think it manages to deliver the right amount of punchiness in spite of its "cheese" just because of how happy it sounds, in contrast to NSC.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

What's creative about it?

The "squash-and-stretch" tempo changes between verses and choruses may be simple, but are effective and quite amusing. And the pulsing, continuously-panning synth during verses combined with the guitar feedbacks creates a nice "wall of sound" that greatly contributes to the song atmosphere and mood.

These elements could be deemed creative in their simplicity. Yeah, they're not groundbreaking (not even in a thousand years), but creative nonetheless, considering - I'll repeat myself - we're talking about what should be taken as a pop-rock track.

wall of sound :LOL:

"Wall of sound" doesn't necessarily translate in "tight comparts of distorted electric guitars assaulting your ears", it could also refer to a Spector-like approach.

And, look, if you want to discuss civically without underlining a single term just to laugh like an idiot about it everything will be fine, otherwise we're done here.

Sorry but I don't feel like writing paragraphs arguing about whether Revolt is terrible or not.

(it is)

Don't play silly, you know very well what I'm talking about: the substantial difference between expressing your contrary opinion properly (not necessarily writing epic poems, of course) and running the others' ones down by laughing stupidly over a single term drawn from the whole speech.

You think Revolt is terrible? It's perfectly fine, just write it from the start without deriding who you're interacting with. Simple as that.

Starlight’s fallen off a cliff since ‘06 and even ‘11 but it’s still been a highlight of most gigs I’ve gone to and I love Matt’s barrier walk (that last part may be swung by bias of me actually getting involved in it at Leeds).

I really liked Starlight this time around-- the visuals were perfect for it. :happy: Getting used to Matt without the guitar.

I have been listening to Drones a lot more and am lovin it hahaha

I sometimes think what would past-aged-19-Showbiz-fan-me think if I went back in time and played her this future muse... I think I'd find it as bonkers and hilarious as I do now

:yesey:

Edited by JessicaSarahS