:yesey:

It's probably my least or second least fave album, but that doesn't mean I don't like it - I actually think most of the songs are really good. I think it gets more hate than it should cos there are plenty of great tracks. My only gripe with it is that it doesn't feature more than one song I considered to be outstanding, whereas most of their other albums have more 'classic' tracks that are firmly in my all-time favourites.

My other controversial comment is the Feeling Good studio version is awesome :happy:

I guess I prefer an album which I can listen to all the way through and enjoy (even if only a couple songs fall into my all-time favourites), to an album like Absolution. Absolution has some amazing songs, but the production ruins it for me, and more often than not I end up skipping the majority of it.

IBTY is the best track on the album, followed by UD.

I absolutely adore I Belong to You. It always makes me feel so happy. :happy:

That's not particularly controversial :chuckle: It's the fact that it's overplayed (and shit) live that people beef about.

I don't know how it manages to be so insignificant live compared to studio - it's usually the other way around with Muse! :chuckle: It doesn't pack as much of a punch, and yeah way overplayed. The crowd does love it, but enough already, lol. Plus, crowds love New Born and SS and they're thinking of dropping them in this tour :( A Muse gig without either is a crime, imo, no matter how many times they've played them.

:(

Sorry Fabri ;)

It's nowhere near the best song on Showbiz but I won't skip it. It's a basic rock song which to be honest I don't really have a problem with. I've also got some happy memories to go with it.

Endlessly to me just sounds like B-side material. Maybe because it's really minimalistic, which is the reason I'm not too keen on Madness (well, the first 3 mins of it). Instead of deciding whether to put Fury on Absolution instead of The Small Print, they should've replaced Endlessly with Fury.

Sorry Fabri ;)

It's nowhere near the best song on Showbiz but I won't skip it. It's a basic rock song which to be honest I don't really have a problem with. I've also got some happy memories to go with it.

Endlessly to me just sounds like B-side material. Maybe because it's really minimalistic, which is the reason I'm not too keen on Madness (well, the first 3 mins of it). Instead of deciding whether to put Fury on Absolution instead of The Small Print, they should've replaced Endlessly with Fury.

I think Endlessly is the most underrated Muse song ever, I totally love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Please is one of Muse's worst songs. While I wouldn't mind hearing maybe just the riff after Stockholm Syndrome or something, I think Muse playing the whole song live on this tour would be ridiculous and painfully bad.

Dead Star is an okay song though really it's pretty simplistic and overrated.

Save Me is the better of the two Chris songs on T2L.

Yes Please is one of Muse's worst songs. While I wouldn't mind hearing maybe just the riff after Stockholm Syndrome or something, I think Muse playing the whole song live on this tour would be ridiculous and painfully bad.

I agree with these two.

Dead Star is an okay song though really it's pretty simplistic and overrated.

Agree with these.

Undisclosed Desires is in my top 3 of best songs on The Resistance, maybe even number 1.

Eternally Missed is one of the best Muse songs and I can't believe some songs are on Absolution while EM isn't, same with Fury btw. (this is probably not even controversial but idk)

edit: Oops I already said something similar about UD two pages back, sorry :facepalm:

Edited by 010101

I don't miss thrashing about the stage, smashing gear, screaming all the time 20 yr old Muse. They seemed very in their heads in the music back then.

I like the more connected to the audience, have fun with crazy stuff whilst executing their instruments Muse. It feels lighter, while keeping the integrity of the music still. We can't stay brooding teenagers forever.

I also think the obsessive following of set lists and shows lends one to think the setlists area getting stale. I feel like people are expecting each show to cater to them, and setting themselves up for disappointment. They seem to have a pretty good mix going on right now, and I will be happy with whatever they give me in March.