how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

For those of you complaining about a 15 song setlist that you didn't attend, be quiet (trying to be nice :)). It was a fucking amazing set. Who counts the songs when they're there, honestly? I noticed that New Born and Unnatural Selection weren't played, but I had no clue how many songs were played, how could you? Now if they had played an identical set to the Sac/NM shows, I can see a little disappointment for some. But this set was unpredictable, and freakin amazing. Mind=blown

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I blame Matt for all of this.

Matt and his damn MIDI peen0r...which has grown to an infinite size now.

In his mind.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can defend this performance.

For one of the biggest and supposed 'best live band' in the world the setlist was terrible. 15 songs is plain bullshit. There's no two ways about it. They were playing an average of 17 songs every night on their previous album tour.

Yeah best live band my tits. They're just lazy now and the senseless adoration they get from the fans no matter what they put out or what show they put on lets them get away with things like this.

Does "best live band" mean "plays for two hours?"

I've never seen Muse. This will be my first show. I think it is going to be amazing, regardless. It may not stack up to what they used to do, but I can't judge by that. Regardless of the shorter set, it still looks like a show worth paying for.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can defend this performance.

For one of the biggest and supposed 'best live band' in the world the setlist was terrible. 15 songs is plain bullshit. There's no two ways about it. They were playing an average of 17 songs every night on their previous album tour.

I am sick of seeing people on here trying to justify it though. Oh they looked like they had an awesome time. Of course they do, they are lining their pockets every night and only playing 15 songs. Wouldn't you be having an awesome time if you were playing a half arsed gig and getting an insane amount of money for it whilst all the fangirls and boys scream adoration at you?

Considering they were taking tips from U2 (who play the same setlists it appears - so we know where that came from for muse), they also play around 24 songs... seems like the band drifted off at that point.

U2 are fucking idiots aswell.

Glad they have that in common. Shit sets and frontmen with huge egos.

Matt and his damn MIDI peen0r...which has grown to an infinite size now.

In his mind.

Yeah best live band my tits. They're just lazy now and the senseless adoration they get from the fans no matter what they put out or what show they put on lets them get away with things like this.

I remember the shit I got when I said that Muse didn't deserve "Best Live Band in the World" or something like that last year. It's bloody true, they don't deserve it nor do they deserve the majority of the awards they have won in the last while.

15 songs is just taking the piss.

And they still get their dicks sucked by people here.

From Furygirl:

violetjohnson39 Fucking face melted off.

From Natalia:

EratoAmused Oh my fuck fucking fuck. FUCK!!! I don't give a fuck what anyone says, @muse are fucking worth a 940 mile drive & no sleep. Fuck me.

:D

:LOL:

Just caught up briefly and glad to see many posts from people who obviously had a fantastic time, amongst the moans and groans from the setlist brigade. :)

Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the crowd. Surprised not to find more people complaining about this. When passion pit was up and no one was moving, I thought it might just be because they were the openers, and perhaps they were not as well known(somehow). However, when Muse got to Knights and people in the front quarter of the floor audience were barely moving at all, I got a bit frustrated.

When I saw the guys in Chicago the crowd was incredible, everyone was moving and showing that they were just elated to be there. I didn't feel it was this way at the Target Center, and that was disappointing. It was as if many people just didn't know the songs; the majority of the floor crowd in the front just wasn't that into things. It seemed to go from nothing to a moderate amount of enthusiasm during the typical songs (TIRO, Starlight, etc.). I found myself being the only one jumping or moving around in my field of vision(I was about 20ft away from the stage, center. I was also the tall guy who probably looked like a head case). In Chicago, people were moving to any part they could. Even SS seemed to not even be able to elicit a big response from this crowd.

Don't get me wrong. Although (perhaps) a little short, this was one excellent concert; despite the gripes about the setlist, Muse really played an impeccable show. Memorable as always :)

Yeah...I'd never been to a live concert before, but I felt the same way. I was up next to the wall, so I had a good view of the overall crowd. It honestly felt as if the crowd didn't know the lyrics to most of the songs. The crowd only really got into it for (a little bit of Starlight) and Time is Running Out.

I think part of the reason it was so short was because Muse might not have been feeling it. I've heard lots of stories of Muse concerts with immense energy. It's what their used to. If it wasn't there last night, they were probably disappointed. No New Born still makes me super sad.

I was at the Liverpool gig and got 16 songs. Shit was so cash :awesome:

I was at Liverpool too... despite the short, and predictable, set list I had an awesome time, maybe the first gig after Tinmuff and so first time hearing some choonze live... The first night at O2 was a shocker, much worse, same(ish) set list and the worst performance I have ever seen muse give (I have seen them 10 times).

maybe matt had to catch a flight? YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

Fuck that.... Maybe... if this IS the case Matt should have a bit of respect for the fans that have paid to go and see his wiley arse! He catches a plane so he can go and get fucked by his GF whilst fucking several thousand people over at the same time. :mad:

Anyhoo I wasn't at the gig and I am sure the people who went, and it was the first couple of times they have seen Muse live would have been super chuffed.. those that have been around a few gigs and tours will probably be disappointed.. it's all subjective, people stood next to each other can have different opinions and experiences of the same gig...

Example.. me and my friend were next to each other at LCCC both been to lots of gigs, I came away thinking it was OK, not the best Muse gig I had ever been to and she came away spaffing as to how it was the best gig ever.... :rolleyes:

:LOL:

Just caught up briefly and glad to see many posts from people who obviously had a fantastic time, amongst the moans and groans from the setlist brigade. :)

Regardless of the setlist itself, Muse are giving North American fans appalling value for money in terms of how many songs they are being given for their money.

I'm delighted my friends had a great time and enjoyed the gig, I'm sure I would have done too as I love seeing them perform. Doesn't alter the fact this band are getting away with pretty shoddy and contemptuous behaviour on this leg of the tour.

'Best Live Band' label is slowly but surely slipping and I won't be surprised to see this reflected in future polls.

haha I wasn't serious, more of a jibe towards what was said by a few people regarding why they had short setlists.

It was said in the Sacramento thread that Matt wanted to get off as he had a flight to catch... came from a pretty good source close to the band apparently.. as I said IF this was true then Matt needs a reality check. I kinda knew you were only joking... but as they say.. many a true word is spoken in jest.....

I would hate for Muse to start taking advantage and think that they can shaft their fans, hardcore or not, because they have this 'best live band' tag. If they do.. pretty soon people will go find another band that is better value for money...and treat their fans with a bit of respect. This is how Guns and Roses went. My brother was an ardent fan but got pissed off once too many times by the band ripping fans off with shit gigs. After Leeds and Reading, in the 1990's I think, he made a vow that they would not get another penny of his hard earned.. and he stuck to it.

It would be a real shame if this happened to Muse.

The last time I saw them they played 15 songs but it was a festival and they had an hour and a half to play, obviously you don't expect a set like that in one of their own shows, I agree with that, 15 songs are not enough, but coming here a tell the people who were there what they have to think about it it's going a bit too far. People have all the rights to feel disappointed but the ones that actually enjoyed the gig are also allowed to tell what they want without anyone making them look like they're retarded.

Edited to avoid confusions

That's ok. The last time I saw them they played 15 songs but it was a festival and they had an hour and a half to play, obviously you don't expect a set like that in one of their own shows, I agree with that, 15 songs are not enough, but coming here a tell the people who were there what they have to think about it it's going a bit too far. People have all the rights to feel disappointed but the ones that actually enjoyed the gig are also allowed to tell what they want without anyone making them look like they're retarded.

Erm, I haven't told anyone what to think about it and I've just stated I'm happy my friends enjoyed the gig and that I would have too.

Erm, I haven't told anyone what to think about it and I've just stated I'm happy my friends enjoyed the gig and that I would have too.

Yeah, yeah, I know sorry, that wasn't directed at you it was a general observation :)

Regardless of the setlist itself, Muse are giving North American fans appalling value for money in terms of how many songs they are being given for their money.

I'm delighted my friends had a great time and enjoyed the gig, I'm sure I would have done too as I love seeing them perform. Doesn't alter the fact this band are getting away with pretty shoddy and contemptuous behaviour on this leg of the tour.

'Best Live Band' label is slowly but surely slipping and I won't be surprised to see this reflected in future polls.

That's ok. The last time I saw them they played 15 songs but it was a festival and they had an hour and a half to play, obviously you don't expect a set like that in one of their own shows, I agree with that, 15 songs are not enough, but coming here a tell the people who were there what they have to think about it it's going a bit too far. People have all the rights to feel disappointed but the ones that actually enjoyed the gig are also allowed to tell what they want without anyone making them look like they're retarded.

Where the fuck did that come from.. that's NOT what Pip said.....

Considering they were taking tips from U2 (who play the same setlists it appears - so we know where that came from for muse), they also play around 24 songs... seems like the band drifted off at that point.

you may want to take a look at their setlists so far this year (starting in August). You will see changes including 4 unreleased songs (from their future album not released) plus a song that that never made it to HTDAAB (album prior to their current one) but was a part of those sessions is now being played live. And also, the song they wrote for the Spiderman Musical was played live for the first time the other nite.

Granted I am not excusing them because believe me they are well known for playing static setlists but this year seems to be quite different which is a good thing they are taking more risks by playing this stuff.

I doubt they are taking this from U2, just seems to be the case with most bands when they get to certain level they get complacent, lazy or just plain chickenshit in regards to mixing up their setlists.. They got this thing in their head to please the casual fan, and or this constant need to build up their fan base by doing this.. I certainly don't agree with this.. but hey what can you do? deal with it, not go to shows or just enjoy the music as they give it to us. I certainly am complaining about this myself.

Archived