how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

lolololol, for the first time, I feel so bad for you Minnesotians.

Minnesotans :D

:LOL:

Plus it's MINNESOTA...I bet if Matt met anyone he got asked if he'd like to go to church with their family the next day or some shit.

Naw, that's not Minnesota at all. Where are you from? Try the bible belt halfway down south or at the CLOSEST Iowa. Not Minnesota. Minneapolis has a great music scene, not so much the greatest church scene.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can defend this performance.

For one of the biggest and supposed 'best live band' in the world the setlist was terrible. 15 songs is plain bullshit. There's no two ways about it. They were playing an average of 17 songs every night on their previous album tour.

So 2 songs would make or break this thing completely to you? How bout MOTP and Soldiers Poem? I can understand wanting more songs but I figure it's better to live inside the moment and just enjoy what you can get. We all want more all the time from what I can tell, better to enjoy what you have than dwell on a sour note. I think just 1 awesome track may have saved a lot of you a lot of anger. Maybe RBS? I've seen NB enough to not get all pissy that it wasn't played, but that's just me.

Out of the 7 times I've seen them this was the 3rd longest set actually. Do you guys not count Nishe or MK Jam as songs? Nishe is on an album....and maybe it's just me being a bass player but MK was a complete song to me. 17 songs isn't too bad. I'd pay whatever just to see Muse perform any amount of songs. When it comes to their music and light show money is of no consequence to at least me.

The crowd was pretty good by me, and I made it my personal goal to get more people moving. I had a great time! I'm glad there are plenty of people out there who did as well. I say remember the good not the bad. :p

Just got home from tonight's concert and still smiling. :happy:

Say what you like about the setlist. Considering this was a smaller gig, I liked that they brought full energy to the stage (half a dozen riffs between songs to keep the crowd moving), and I'm particularly proud that the fans that attended tonight gave back. Jumping, waving arms, singing loud and clear when prompted - they gave me as much of a show as did muse. The audience, myself included, were enjoying themselves from what I could see higher up. If there were crabby or disappointed people, don't know where they were hiding.

I brought with someone who'd never seen muse perform and who had barely heard their music before. Needless to say, my friend was won over. To me, that's more important than what songs were played. Plus, he was impressed by Dom's skills. I'm in agreement with him there, especially seeing him play in person.

sorry I missed you Julie, I was looking , but the queue got kind of ugly right before and as we were going in:(

and well said^

Regardless of the setlist itself, Muse are giving North American fans appalling value for money in terms of how many songs they are being given for their money.

I'm delighted my friends had a great time and enjoyed the gig, I'm sure I would have done too as I love seeing them perform. Doesn't alter the fact this band are getting away with pretty shoddy and contemptuous behaviour on this leg of the tour.

'Best Live Band' label is slowly but surely slipping and I won't be surprised to see this reflected in future polls.

Yes! Have never felt so cheated out of money! And I never thought it would be by my favourite band...

I disagree, of course I would like them to play all night, but I did not feel the least bit cheated , would have happily paid double for my ticket to see and hear that performance. It was full of energy , including the crowd , almost a little too much energy from the guy on my left:rolleyes::) Matt was in good voice, the riffs were awesome, and I got to see the double neck up close:stongue:,and Take A Bow was a treat for me since it was the first Muse song I ever heard,:happy:

I heard what this thread turned into last night but decided to wait until this morning to look because I did not want to get more angry. Only the fact that there are a couple people on this board that I do not have contact with in other ways prevents from swearing a blue streak at the lot of you. The setlist brigade really should take their fucking moaning somewhere else though I don't know if there is a separate "beef thread" for this tour. I have decided to never wear my forum t-shirt to a gig again; I do not want to be associated with this kind of negativity. :mad:

but still happy about the whole experience last night :musesign: including meeting Tom !

disagree, of course I would like them to play all night, but I did not feel the least bit cheated , would have happily paid double for my ticket to see and hear that performance. It was full of energy , including the crowd , almost a little too much energy from the guy on my left:rolleyes::) Matt was in good voice, the riffs were awesome, and I got to see the double neck up close:stongue:,and Take A Bow was a treat for me since it was the first Muse song I ever heard,:happy:

Well, Liverpool got an awful setlist and a crap performance. Having been a fan since 1999, it really did suck attending that gig.

But hey... that's for the 'b33f' thread.

Look, doesn't matter what your opinion is--Muse has consistently given the Americans the finger. We've continually gotten shafted. 15 songs for a $65 dollar ticket, completely ignoring OBVIOUS fan favorites such as Bliss. It's a dick move, and I'm fed up.

Not to say that I wouldn't have enjoyed the gig but seriously Muse, this is a fucking rock show, and now you've taken the "rock" from Resistance out completely? What a fucking joke.

You obviously can’t argue with someone who has been there and was disappointed, it is a legitimate feeling, and yeah it's a shame. But what I can’t stand is reading a person saying something like "Now I feel bad for having good time" after reading what people who have not been at the gig has to say about it, assuming that it was shit just taking a look at the setlist.

Yeah, that annoys me too... but people shouldn't let their feelings about the gig be affected by other people. Your experience is your own....

Screw the haters! :phu: Gig was awesome. I don't know about the energy overall, but where I was, it was great. I was right on the barrier right in the middle though, so of course it would be energetic. I was squished most of the time, but enjoyed every second. :D Didn't get many good photos because I couldn't get my arm to be still long enough from being knocked around.

Sure, in retrospect I would've liked FG and GL to be replaced with US and NB, but oh well. When you're there in the moment, it doesn't matter at all! I've seen MotP twice, MKU and NB once, so I didn't miss them that much. I'd never seen MK Jam, TaB or the HOTRS intro, so it was awesome to see something new, and just the fact that they opened w/ Exo and closed with TaB made it a lot different from the previous gig in Atlanta. :)

And I know, everyone usually says "the guys seemed really happy and into it" yada yada yada, and well, they did! They were on top form I thought. Or at least there's no way I would say they seemed preoccupied or lackluster, or just going through the motions. Every time I looked at Dom he was grinning like a hyena! Matt said some stuff to the audience, but I couldn't understand most of it.

The only negative was the total lack of organization getting into the arena. It was nice they let us into the building early so we were warm, but when it got close to doors opening, it was just a mob scene, and a bunch of people on the side that showed up late started scooting over trying to get in front, and then they did the dreaded "second door" thing, so all those latecomers on the side got in before a lot of people that had been there all day. :( Luckily, despite having NO direction whatsoever of where to go once we got in the doors, I made barrier, and so did Catherine, Natalia and Nicole. People were running in all directions, even upstairs! It was really confusing.

Anyway, I had a blast, and dare I say, even with the shorter setlist, I think it may have been a wee bit better than Atlanta. :) Definitely worth making the trip up here. :)

I'm glad you had a great time :D

Sorry to hear about security fail, honestly, is it really that hard? They don't even seem to try at most gigs! :rolleyes:

Haters...

bellshaters.gif

:LOL: nice...

Look, doesn't matter what your opinion is--Muse has consistently given the Americans the finger. We've continually gotten shafted. 15 songs for a $65 dollar ticket, completely ignoring OBVIOUS fan favorites such as Bliss. It's a dick move, and I'm fed up.

Then since that's a general complaint, you should probably take it to the general tour thread and beef it up in there ;)

I will be honest, I enjoyed the show so much because it was my first time seeing them, especially being a fan for about 7 years. HOWEVER, if this was my 3rd show+, I would be fucking mad. I'm a little disappointed that Bliss and MK Ultra were not played, but oh well.

And lets all be honest here, Matt is a diva. 100% diva. lol

I think most of the complaints here are Generalized to the band.

If I was at that gig I would've probably had a good time too. If it was my 1st time, then heck I'd be super stoked. But if I was to compare this to gigs I've been and gigs friends have been EVEN in the states this one leaves so much to be desires.

Back in 07 when I was finally old enough for a Muse gig I got treated to a 20 song+8 riffs setlist with 2 encores similar to those in Europe. This past September I saw the guys in California in So-Cal and was able to get Bliss, MK Ultra, RBS, NSC, and the epic 10-riff series in SD, Anaheim, and Los Angeles (Nights 1+2)

That said the least amount of songs we got was in Anaheim at 17 songs. My main point is we understand the venue here is smaller but the prices are the same. Stick to the standard 17-18 song setlist! Give the fans a bang for their buck and please consider the BHAR-Tour setlist style...when Muse was versatile and gave rarities in each gig. I know it's hard with the resistance but they can do it.

Yeah, that annoys me too... but people shouldn't let their feelings about the gig be affected by other people. Your experience is your own....

I'm glad you had a great time :D

Sorry to hear about security fail, honestly, is it really that hard? They don't even seem to try at most gigs! :rolleyes:

:LOL: nice...

I warned Target Center what they were in for, and that may be why we were let inside early , but I will be sure to give them a post gig review which will be mixed. The letting us in the door failure was really bad, there were some people right behind me who should have got barrier who didn't:( OTOH, the security guys right in front of us were awesome, took care of our hoodies, let us know how they would warn us about crowd surfers, and passed out gum.:)

Then since that's a general complaint, you should probably take it to the general tour thread and beef it up in there ;)

+10

Interesting to read everyone's different takes on the show. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Here's a link to my review of the performance (plus some pics of the night).

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2010/10/muse_at_target.php

While I was quite disappointed in the 90-minute set, it wasn't because of the number of songs played, it was the song choices themselves. "Guiding Light" "Undisclosed Desires" and "Take A Bow" we're just dull, and killed the momentum built up at the thrilling start of the show. Anyway, they sure aren't the same band I saw back at the Quest in '04-I'd like to see them get their edge back and quit trying to be Queen. Thanks in advance for checking out my review-cheers!

Glad you had a good time too, Nicole!

Still have a bit of hearing loss in my left ear from Passion Pit, but I still can say I had a really good time last night. Kind of disappointed that so many musers who didn't see the gig have turned this thread into a complaint list. Plus, you don't know the music scene in Minneapolis if you thought we were church goers. :LOL:

I was up in section 111, towards the top. The Target Center isn't a huge place. Add in that it was mid-semester for many college students, studying for their mid-terms, and that it was mid-week for a lot of high schoolers. I'm happy and surprised that as many people turned out for this gig. I was high up enough to see the majority of the stadium, and during the gig, most of those that I could see were having a good time.

I'm sorry some people didn't have a good time down in the pit. I understand. Depends on whose standing next to you. A lot of people had never seen muse live before, probably didn't know what to expect. A couple of guys in front of me stood still, gawking more at the lasers and screens than moving to the music.

I tend to count Nishe and MK Jam as songs. Seeing MK Jam live was fantasmagastic! As for the band, Matt was all over the stage, though he never went out on the wing. If he did, he would've been right into the audience. Chris was his usual self. Though, I give Dom props for the most effort. He was giving 110%, smiling frequently, and displaying kickass skills. :happy: I don't feel ripped off, and I had bought quite a few tickets.

I didn't take many pics because the tall guy to my left was in my way a lot, so I partially gave up and mostly tried to keep Natalia from being jostled too much because she's a better photographer anyway. But I got a few worth sharing with my new Lumix, not great, but 1000 times better than what I got in Chicago

46307_158980677465152_1000005966298.jpg

47034_158981840798369_1000005966298.jpg

34704_158981894131697_1000005966298.jpg

Not to say that I wouldn't have enjoyed the gig but seriously Muse, this is a fucking rock show, and now you've taken the "rock" from Resistance out completely? What a fucking joke.

This is not how you should judge a show. You should judge a show based on your experience and personal feelings towards the performance. In general, no matter what we'll always want more. This being my 7th show, yes I wish they played Bliss (seriously god damn you Matt for that tease :noey: but you know I still love you :musesign:) but I didn't let that ruin any songs I did hear or my entire experience.

As for 15 songs = a $65 shafting well... 1) I still count it as a 17 song show which is an album and a half by itself. 2) Ticket prices were $55 if you picked them up from the venue, Ticketmaster added the extra ten. That said it comes out to < $4/song. And I would gladly keep dishing out the cash at that rate.

You can't play everyone's favorites all the time. You're right, another song or two would have made a fantastic experience even better, but until they go out on tour NOT promoting a new album you can't expect to hear all the good old stuff many of us love.

I refuse to call anyone a dick that puts so much energy into a spectacular performance like that for me...even if I wanted more.

But as a fan from way back, I miss the straight forward, dynamic songs of their earlier days (even, to a certain extent, on Black Holes And Revelations), and I just wish the band would quit trying to be Queen and start rocking again, because for me, their new material and overblown stage show just isn't cutting it.

^THIS

This is not how you should judge a show. You should judge a show based on your experience and personal feelings towards the performance. In general, no matter what we'll always want more. This being my 7th show, yes I wish they played Bliss (seriously god damn you Matt for that tease :noey: but you know I still love you :musesign:) but I didn't let that ruin any songs I did hear or my entire experience.

As for 15 songs = a $65 shafting well... 1) I still count it as a 17 song show which is an album and a half by itself. 2) Ticket prices were $55 if you picked them up from the venue, Ticketmaster added the extra ten. That said it comes out to < $4/song. And I would gladly keep dishing out the cash at that rate.

You can't play everyone's favorites all the time. You're right, another song or two would have made a fantastic experience even better, but until they go out on tour NOT promoting a new album you can't expect to hear all the good old stuff many of us love.

I refuse to call anyone a dick that puts so much energy into a spectacular performance like that for me...even if I wanted more.

I know some of you enjoyed it, but jeez...it's a rip off for the money you are paying. Not only that, but Europe generally got longer sets. Don't you feel even a little let down by that?

Seriously, I don't understand how people can defend this performance.

For one of the biggest and supposed 'best live band' in the world the setlist was terrible. 15 songs is plain bullshit. There's no two ways about it. They were playing an average of 17 songs every night on their previous album tour.

Please piss the fuck off and take it to the bitching thread. :)

Hilljoy_4 Met Tom briefly but then actually had a nice conversation with Morgan at the pub :)http://twitpic.com/2v45zn

I thought I saw Morgan go into the pub, so I went in too to see if it really was. Saw him buy a drink, looked right at him, he looked at me then looked away quickly. I def. didn't have the balls to go talk to him. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, and that is Hillary w/ Morgan. She was very nice. Don't think she's a regular boardie, though.

Anyone find any videos other than Uprising, Exo-genesis, and Knights of Cydonia?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but security were real bitches about the recording, so I don't know if there will be much footage. They said it was Muse that had a rule about that, but I'm wondering if it's true. Never seemed to stop anyone before, obviously. :shifty:

I warned Target Center what they were in for, and that may be why we were let inside early , but I will be sure to give them a post gig review which will be mixed. The letting us in the door failure was really bad, there were some people right behind me who should have got barrier who didn't:( OTOH, the security guys right in front of us were awesome, took care of our hoodies, let us know how they would warn us about crowd surfers, and passed out gum.:)

Glad the guys who were at the barrier were nice :) It's usually two different groups, right? One group that is in charge of tickets and getting people in the doors and another that's standing there to police the pit? :unsure:

I'm glad you guys were able to get a good spot in spite of the issues! Judging by your pics you had one of the best views in the house! :)

I thought I saw Morgan go into the pub, so I went in too to see if it really was. Saw him buy a drink, looked right at him, he looked at me then looked away quickly. I def. didn't have the balls to go talk to him. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh, and that is Hillary w/ Morgan. She was very nice. Don't think she's a regular boardie, though.

aww too bad you didn't say hi to him! But I understand - I wouldn't have done it either :$

Where was this pub, btw? :shifty:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but security were real bitches about the recording, so I don't know if there will be much footage. They said it was Muse that had a rule about that, but I'm wondering if it's true. Never seemed to stop anyone before, obviously. :shifty:

Yeah, they were like that in VA and MD too - but there are still a lot of vids out there :) People in the seats and further back in the pit are usually able to get some vids even with strict security.

BTW I don't believe it's Muse's policy because at MSG the security guys were idiots and there ended up being no one in front of me. Then a guy in all black with a headset who I'm pretty sure was British ended up standing watch at my end of the barrier - I am pretty sure he was with the band. I recorded full songs right in front of him and he never batted an eyelash.

Maybe it's the promoter?

just sad... im seeing them both shows in ohio, and I feel like I have a half assed chance of getting to see a decent set. im just glad I have been getting on here so im not too dissapointed

Awww man, I hope you do get a better and hopefully longer setlist.

Naw, that's not Minnesota at all. Where are you from? Try the bible belt halfway down south or at the CLOSEST Iowa. Not Minnesota. Minneapolis has a great music scene, not so much the greatest church scene.

I was kidding.

I disagree, of course I would like them to play all night, but I did not feel the least bit cheated , would have happily paid double for my ticket to see and hear that performance. It was full of energy , including the crowd , almost a little too much energy from the guy on my left:rolleyes::) Matt was in good voice, the riffs were awesome, and I got to see the double neck up close:stongue:,and Take A Bow was a treat for me since it was the first Muse song I ever heard,:happy:

I heard what this thread turned into last night but decided to wait until this morning to look because I did not want to get more angry. Only the fact that there are a couple people on this board that I do not have contact with in other ways prevents from swearing a blue streak at the lot of you. The setlist brigade really should take their fucking moaning somewhere else though I don't know if there is a separate "beef thread" for this tour. I have decided to never wear my forum t-shirt to a gig again; I do not want to be associated with this kind of negativity. :mad:

Paid double for that? Really? :stunned:

And come on, the setlist brigade? Since when was being upset about a lackluster, not to mention incredibly short setlist deemed being part of some sort of "brigade"? I along with a lot of other fans are upset with Muse, as we have every right to be, and I'll post my bitching and negativity in here as this is the thread for the gig, and I was there and thought it was shit. You can think it's awesome, and if you had a great time, then wonderful. I on the other hand can't believe this is what Muse has turned into. They've gotten lazy, yet people still lap up whatever it is they do/turn out, so they'll continue to get lazy.

I don't care about the setlist at all

BECAUSE IT WAS SO AMAZING!

It was my first Muse concert and I was not let down. I had the best night of my life and mundane setlists wont change the fact that I got to see Muse live. The length was a little disappointing though, I never wanted it to end! And about the crowd, everyone around me was rocking out! (Although, I was at the barrier, right in front of Matt). But it was all lovely! Right before Feeling Good Matt was tinkering around on the piano and he started to play Bliss and everyone in my section started chanting "Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss!!" but then he played feeling good :indiff: a few obscenities may have been said. It was great nonetheless. I think the boys seemed decently hyped.... But maybe that was just me! All in all, a GREAT first gig :D

I don't care about the setlist at all

BECAUSE IT WAS SO AMAZING!

It was my first Muse concert and I was not let down. I had the best night of my life and mundane setlists wont change the fact that I got to see Muse live. The length was a little disappointing though, I never wanted it to end! And about the crowd, everyone around me was rocking out! (Although, I was at the barrier, right in front of Matt). But it was all lovely! Right before Feeling Good Matt was tinkering around on the piano and he started to play Bliss and everyone in my section started chanting "Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss!!" but then he played feeling good :indiff:a few obscenities may have been said. It was great nonetheless. I think the boys seemed decently hyped.... But maybe that was just me! All in all, a GREAT first gig :D

and they were all deserved for pulling a stunt like that... seriously, some things you just don't mess with :LOL:

Archived