how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

Although you guys got totally ripped with a 15-song setlist it seems most of u guys enjoyed the show which is what ultimately matters.

However, just my 2 cents...Take A Bow... a song from the last album Should not take placement of 2-3 songs :noey: Even if it's a small venue, they should stick with a standard 17 song setlist.

Now if it was something like Micro Cuts, or Showbiz-era stuff then...

Did anyone happen to meet the boys after the show? I was the 21-year-old with the blonde hair named Aaron with my father. We waited with a bunch of hardcore fans just across from the band members' actual tour buses (THEY WERE IN THERE!). We left just as they turned on the ignition to the two buses. Anyone happen to know if they ever came out to say hi and autograph stuff?

What. A. Joke.

Lol you got screwed big time :LOL:

Come on, guys. Even with one less song, the gigs are phenomenal. I can say that after having been to the infamous Sacramento show, where, though it was shortened AND the venue was awful and the guys lacked energy, the performance was incredible. We had a blast in Sacto, and I don't doubt that people who attended last night were largely having an amazing time.

It's awful to come here to the forums still on a high after the gig and see that everyone's disparaging your awesome show. Whether you enjoyed the show isn't ALL about the setlist. I don't know why Muse decided to start leaving out a song or two for smaller venues, but honestly, while you're there in the crowd, it doesn't detract too much.

Say what you like about the setlist. Considering this was a smaller gig, I liked that they brought full energy to the stage

This. :yesey: Glad you enjoyed it.

Just got home from tonight's concert and still smiling. :happy:

Say what you like about the setlist. Considering this was a smaller gig, I liked that they brought full energy to the stage (half a dozen riffs between songs to keep the crowd moving), and I'm particularly proud that the fans that attended tonight gave back. Jumping, waving arms, singing loud and clear when prompted - they gave me as much of a show as did muse. The audience, myself included, were enjoying themselves from what I could see higher up. If there were crabby or disappointed people, don't know where they were hiding.

I brought with someone who'd never seen muse perform and who had barely heard their music before. Needless to say, my friend was won over. To me, that's more important than what songs were played. Plus, he was impressed by Dom's skills. I'm in agreement with him there, especially seeing him play in person.

Glad you and your friend had a good time, Julie. :)

Screw the haters! :phu: Gig was awesome. I don't know about the energy overall, but where I was, it was great. I was right on the barrier right in the middle though, so of course it would be energetic. I was squished most of the time, but enjoyed every second. :D Didn't get many good photos because I couldn't get my arm to be still long enough from being knocked around.

Sure, in retrospect I would've liked FG and GL to be replaced with US and NB, but oh well. When you're there in the moment, it doesn't matter at all! I've seen MotP twice, MKU and NB once, so I didn't miss them that much. I'd never seen MK Jam, TaB or the HOTRS intro, so it was awesome to see something new, and just the fact that they opened w/ Exo and closed with TaB made it a lot different from the previous gig in Atlanta. :)

And I know, everyone usually says "the guys seemed really happy and into it" yada yada yada, and well, they did! They were on top form I thought. Or at least there's no way I would say they seemed preoccupied or lackluster, or just going through the motions. Every time I looked at Dom he was grinning like a hyena! Matt said some stuff to the audience, but I couldn't understand most of it.

The only negative was the total lack of organization getting into the arena. It was nice they let us into the building early so we were warm, but when it got close to doors opening, it was just a mob scene, and a bunch of people on the side that showed up late started scooting over trying to get in front, and then they did the dreaded "second door" thing, so all those latecomers on the side got in before a lot of people that had been there all day. :( Luckily, despite having NO direction whatsoever of where to go once we got in the doors, I made barrier, and so did Catherine, Natalia and Nicole. People were running in all directions, even upstairs! It was really confusing.

Anyway, I had a blast, and dare I say, even with the shorter setlist, I think it may have been a wee bit better than Atlanta. :) Definitely worth making the trip up here. :)

Screw the haters! :phu: Gig was awesome. I don't know about the energy overall, but where I was, it was great. I was right on the barrier right in the middle though, so of course it would be energetic. I was squished most of the time, but enjoyed every second. :D Didn't get many good photos because I couldn't get my arm to be still long enough from being knocked around.

Sure, in retrospect I would've liked FG and GL to be replaced with US and NB, but oh well. When you're there in the moment, it doesn't matter at all! I've seen MotP twice, MKU and NB once, so I didn't miss them that much. I'd never seen MK Jam, TaB or the HOTRS intro, so it was awesome to see something new, and just the fact that they opened w/ Exo and closed with TaB made it a lot different from the previous gig in Atlanta. :)

And I know, everyone usually says "the guys seemed really happy and into it" yada yada yada, and well, they did! They were on top form I thought. Or at least there's no way I would say they seemed preoccupied or lackluster, or just going through the motions. Every time I looked at Dom he was grinning like a hyena! Matt said some stuff to the audience, but I couldn't understand most of it.

The only negative was the total lack of organization getting into the arena. It was nice they let us into the building early so we were warm, but when it got close to doors opening, it was just a mob scene, and a bunch of people on the side that showed up late started scooting over trying to get in front, and then they did the dreaded "second door" thing, so all those latecomers on the side got in before a lot of people that had been there all day. :( Luckily, despite having NO direction whatsoever of where to go once we got in the doors, I made barrier, and so did Catherine, Natalia and Nicole. People were running in all directions, even upstairs! It was really confusing.

Anyway, I had a blast, and dare I say, even with the shorter setlist, I think it may have been a wee bit better than Atlanta. :) Definitely worth making the trip up here. :)

Glad you had an awesome time! :D

Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the crowd. Surprised not to find more people complaining about this. When passion pit was up and no one was moving, I thought it might just be because they were the openers, and perhaps they were not as well known(somehow). However, when Muse got to Knights and people in the front quarter of the floor audience were barely moving at all, I got a bit frustrated.

When I saw the guys in Chicago the crowd was incredible, everyone was moving and showing that they were just elated to be there. I didn't feel it was this way at the Target Center, and that was disappointing. It was as if many people just didn't know the songs; the majority of the floor crowd in the front just wasn't that into things. It seemed to go from nothing to a moderate amount of enthusiasm during the typical songs (TIRO, Starlight, etc.). I found myself being the only one jumping or moving around in my field of vision(I was about 20ft away from the stage, center. I was also the tall guy who probably looked like a head case). In Chicago, people were moving to any part they could. Even SS seemed to not even be able to elicit a big response from this crowd.

Don't get me wrong. Although (perhaps) a little short, this was one excellent concert; despite the gripes about the setlist, Muse really played an impeccable show. Memorable as always :)

The tall guy who looked like a head case?! That narrows it down :LOL:

What. A. Joke.

Lol you got screwed big time :LOL:

This.

If people had a good time, I don't understand how you can't be upset that you paid as much as you did for 15 songs and a few riffs we've all heard before.....forget that the setlist alone was absolute shit I mean 15 songs?! It's basically like we listen to a greatest hits of the last 2 albums and then just left. And I agree the crowd overall was pretty tame...not to mention GA was filled with a bunch of dicks.

This.

If people had a good time, I don't understand how you can't be upset that you paid as much as you did for 15 songs and a few riffs we've all heard before.....forget that the setlist alone was absolute shit I mean 15 songs?! It's basically like we listen to a greatest hits of the last 2 albums and then just left. And I agree the crowd overall was pretty tame...not to mention GA was filled with a bunch of dicks.

lolololol, for the first time, I feel so bad for you Minnesotians.

I know some of you enjoyed it, but jeez...it's a rip off for the money you are paying. Not only that, but Europe generally got longer sets. Don't you feel even a little let down by that?

maybe matt had to catch a flight? YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

I know some of you enjoyed it, but jeez...it's a rip off for the money you are paying. Not only that, but Europe generally got longer sets. Don't you feel even a little let down by that?

I know, I don't understand....I mean it's like some think they'll be tainted as being a bad fan if you simply expect more from the band and get upset when they pull things like this out of their arse. I mean Muse have completely forgotten about the albums that helped get them to where they are now, which is just disappointing because they raked in the majority of their fanbase through Showbiz, OoS and Absolution, and now those albums are blatantly overlooked.

But the looks I got for even saying "Matt Bellamy is a right cunt" in the crowd, WOAAAAAAAH.

lolololol, for the first time, I feel so bad for you Minnesotians.

:(

I was at the Liverpool gig and got 16 songs. Shit was so cash :awesome:

That's still moar than 16. :awesome:

maybe matt had to catch a flight? YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

YEAH. MAYBE.

Flight KH 2010.

I know, I don't understand....I mean it's like some think they'll be tainted as being a bad fan if you simply expect more from the band and get upset when they pull things like this out of their arse. I mean Muse have completely forgotten about the albums that helped get them to where they are now, which is just disappointing because they raked in the majority of their fanbase through Showbiz, OoS and Absolution, and now those albums are blatantly overlooked.

But the looks I got for even saying "Matt Bellamy is a right cunt" in the crowd, WOAAAAAAAH.

Maybe they think the real fans only reside in Wembley stadium, so sod everyone else who put them where they are. :awesome:

Haters...

bellshaters.gif

GON' HATE.

I was at the Liverpool gig and got 16 songs. Shit was so cash :awesome:

Haters...

bellshaters.gif

:LOL:

Maybe they think the real fans only reside in Wembley stadium, so sod everyone else who put them where they are. :awesome:

That's totes true.

Plus it's MINNESOTA...I bet if Matt met anyone he got asked if he'd like to go to church with their family the next day or some shit.

For those of you complaining about a 15 song setlist that you didn't attend, be quiet (trying to be nice :)). It was a fucking amazing set. Who counts the songs when they're there, honestly? I noticed that New Born and Unnatural Selection weren't played, but I had no clue how many songs were played, how could you? Now if they had played an identical set to the Sac/NM shows, I can see a little disappointment for some. But this set was unpredictable, and freakin amazing. Mind=blown

All of this is such stupid nonsense.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can defend this performance.

For one of the biggest and supposed 'best live band' in the world the setlist was terrible. 15 songs is plain bullshit. There's no two ways about it. They were playing an average of 17 songs every night on their previous album tour.

Archived