how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

DAMN IT you can't hear the five of us chanting BLISS BLISS BLISS BLISS. That's probably why they didn't play it. :mad:

Good on you for trying! Sadly it's only 5 of you Bliss people vs. the sea of cheers when Feeling Good starts. What kind of message are we sending Muse?:noey:

Thanks for posting that! I'm going to look on the bright side, and say this means I've heard part of Bliss live. :happy: The intro is one of the best things about that song, and we got to hear Matt play it on piano for a change. I should have known it wasn't Bliss since he almost always starts it with guitar, but I wasn't really thinking straight at that point!

That's true! Plus it's a world premiere of Bliss (Bliss notes anyway) on the piano AND on a tower! It could well be a once in a lifetime thing lol.

:fear:

:LOL: Seriously, though, it sounds pretty cool... but it's just so cruel to tease like that!

It could be worse. Matt could have said "This is for the bloody messageboard" and/or mooned the boardies from his piano bench. :LOL:

Good on you for trying! Sadly it's only 5 of you Bliss people vs. the sea of cheers when Feeling Good starts. What kind of message are we sending Muse?:noey:

That's true! Plus it's a world premiere of Bliss (Bliss notes anyway) on the piano AND on a tower! It could well be a once in a lifetime thing lol.

It could be worse. Matt could have said "This is for the bloody messageboard" and/or mooned the boardies from his piano bench. :LOL:

Feeling Good might not have been the song I would ask for, but luckily I was not there expecting certain songs, that's why I have the tag "play what you want" on this thread. I was there for the performance and the energy, and Matt was clearly into Feeling Good that night, something about the way he sang it seemed extra sexy, more so than when I saw it in Chicago.

Actually, that might have been better! ;)

I was in the front/middle-ish area (shorter guy in blue Explosions in the Sky shirt), showed up at like 6:45 and was surprised how close we got. It was my first concert on the floor with Muse, but I saw them in super far away seats in Chicago (it was still a lot of fun).

It was a fun show for the most part, I don't regret going at all and they all played super well. I think Dom actually broke a cymbal but I am not positive. The energy around me was pretty dead, but that didn't stop me from having a good time since I could see others in front of me having fun. I heard that Bliss tease too... and I was actually saving some of my energy for when they would play Bliss, but apparently that was in vain. I just wanted NB, Bliss and Showbiz.

The Target Center was a pretty small gig for them, so it makes sense that we would get a shorter set... but it still seemed a couple songs too short though. It was still a ton of fun and would go see them many more times.

I made a thank you phone call to the Block E Starbucks so many of us visited, and I think the barista I've been talking to is now very curious about Muse:D

I also emailed Target Center security , thanking them for the good things they did, like letting us inside the lobby, but also suggesting how letting us in the arena doors could have been done better. Casty^ I'm glad you got close, but it may have been because they opened a 2nd door that we had not been lining up in front of all day.

Mical, if you're lurking, hope you got to a good spot OK, can't remember your board name :facepalm:

I made a thank you phone call to the Block E Starbucks so many of us visited, and I think the barista I've been talking to is now very curious about Muse:D

I also emailed Target Center security , thanking them for the good things they did, like letting us inside the lobby, but also suggesting how letting us in the arena doors could have been done better. Casty^ I'm glad you got close, but it may have been because they opened a 2nd door that we had not been lining up in front of all day.

Mical, if you're lurking, hope you got to a good spot OK, can't remember your board name :facepalm:

Mical is boardie January. :) And yes, she was on the barrier about 3 people to my right. :) Sounds like OKC had an even worse problem with doors opening and getting people in. :indiff:

I'm glad you sent an email to Target Center. It was a little ridiculous, but something tells me that when venues do stuff like that, it's because it's easier for them. They don't care about who was first. :(

I made it to the barrier, right in the middle! :D And had an awesome time there of course. I'm glad all of you made it to the barrier too!

I had to fight to stay there though, the kids in the group behind me were on a mission to push me off and take my spot (I literally heard them discussing what strategies they would use). The security guard in front of me was really cool though and intervened to help me out.

By the way, thank you to those of you who posted pictures. :) I didn't have a camera with me to take my own pictures, so I appreciate you sharing yours.

I made it to the barrier, right in the middle! :D And had an awesome time there of course. I'm glad all of you made it to the barrier too!

I had to fight to stay there though, the kids in the group behind me were on a mission to push me off and take my spot (I literally heard them discussing what strategies they would use). The security guard in front of me was really cool though and intervened to help me out.

By the way, thank you to those of you who posted pictures. :) I didn't have a camera with me to take my own pictures, so I appreciate you sharing yours.

:happy: glad it turned OK, that was so effed up!

I hope you gave them the sharp elbow treatment!

I'll never understand why people in any circumstance ever think that's an okay way to treat someone! It makes me so angry! I'm glad you stood your ground, and that the security dudes were cool.

Awesome gig! This is the third time I have seen them in the past year and they have always put on a great show. Matt said their first arena show in North America took place at the Target Center over ten years ago (March 24, 2000) when they opened for the Foo Fighters and RHCP. At that show they only got to play six songs from Showbiz and nobody knew anything about these young lads from Devon. Talk about short playlists. LOL. Thanks for persevering. You guys are one of the few British artists to make it big across the pond. Well deserved.

Highlights:

Bliss tease on the piano before Feeling Good

UD with the lasers

The Albinoni Adagio riff before Resistance

Uprising, SS w/riffs, TaB and of course KoC

I wished they would have played a slightly longer setlist (18 songs instead of 15) including RbS and MotP but at least I can watch their performances of these favourites at other venues on YouTube. Also, the acoustics at Target Center were not ideal but that is not the fault of the band.

Matt/Dom/Chris: Carry on, cheers, and thanks again for coming back to Minneapolis.

Muse @ Target Center in Minneapolis, MN 5th Oct. 2010 I was extremely frustrated with the performance of my little point and shoot camera this time. It did a much better job at the last gig I was at. These little cameras are a photographers nightmare but of course the venue would not allow my professional camera inside :(

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/hillaryjoy/sets/72157625144697452/

Muse @ Target Center in Minneapolis, MN 5th Oct. 2010 I was extremely frustrated with the performance of my little point and shoot camera this time. It did a much better job at the last gig I was at. These little cameras are a photographers nightmare but of course the venue would not allow my professional camera inside :(

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/hillaryjoy/sets/72157625144697452/

:noey: not crap, amazing!

Attendance: 7,794 Source: Billboard Boxscore/Jam Productions

Avg. ticket price: $46

Considering the lack of radio airplay for Muse in the Twin Cities market and the fact the concert took place in the middle of a school week, the number of concert goers for the UK rock trio at the Target Center is impressive.

By way of comparison, the 2010 American Idols tour in August sold fewer than 4k tickets at this venue and American Idol band Daughtry sold about 6k tickets in May. Paid attendance for two other acts was higher than Muse's gig: Approx 14,500 for Justin Bieber's concert this summer and about 13k for Nickelback in May.

Attendance: 7' date='794[/b'] Source: Billboard Boxscore/Jam Productions

Considering the lack of radio airplay for Muse in the Twin Cities market and the fact the concert took place in the middle of a school week, the number of concert goers for the UK rock trio at the Target Center is impressive.

By way of comparison, the 2010 American Idols tour in August sold fewer than 4k tickets at this venue and American Idol band Daughtry sold about 6k tickets in May. Paid attendance for two other acts was higher than Muse's gig: Approx 14,500 for Justin Bieber's concert this summer and about 13k for Nickelback in May.

That is interesting! The venue holds 17k I think, and it looked pretty full, so I'm surprised it was so few tickets! But I'm also surprised they sold more than AI or Daughtry, esp. since those are unfortunately closer to being what I would call "household names." Yay Muse! :musesign:

That is interesting! The venue holds 17k I think, and it looked pretty full, so I'm surprised it was so few tickets! But I'm also surprised they sold more than AI or Daughtry, esp. since those are unfortunately closer to being what I would call "household names." Yay Muse! :musesign:

kind of embarrassed about our area's lack of taste considering the 2 who did sell more :facepalm:

but yeah :musesign:

Attendance: 7' date='794[/b'] Source: Billboard Boxscore/Jam Productions

I'm not surprised that the ones who sold more did, because that is America's trend in obsessions with band types. I think, all things considered, they did extremely well with sales and the concert was amazing. :happy:

I'm not surprised that the ones who sold more did, because that is America's trend in obsessions with band types. I think, all things considered, they did extremely well with sales and the concert was amazing. :happy:

Yup, especially if you compare numbers to the last time they were in Minneapolis in 2006 at the State Theater. Their fan base in the midwest is growing steadily. :happy:

Archived