how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

For those of you complaining about a 15 song setlist that you didn't attend, be quiet (trying to be nice :)). It was a fucking amazing set. Who counts the songs when they're there, honestly? I noticed that New Born and Unnatural Selection weren't played, but I had no clue how many songs were played, how could you? Now if they had played an identical set to the Sac/NM shows, I can see a little disappointment for some. But this set was unpredictable, and freakin amazing. Mind=blown

it never matters what they play, people always has a good time at Muse gigs...

First timers, almost always, unless they are dragged there and even then, often delighted and mind-blown.

Seasoned fans who know what MUSE are made of and can often do - that depends. And if they autopilot through a gig and look like they'd rather not have to do this, then even awesome setlists can't necessarily save the day.

EDIT: I don't mean they were on autopilot tonight. Sounds like they were in top form.

For those of you complaining about a 15 song setlist that you didn't attend, be quiet (trying to be nice :)). It was a fucking amazing set. Who counts the songs when they're there, honestly? I noticed that New Born and Unnatural Selection weren't played, but I had no clue how many songs were played, how could you? Now if they had played an identical set to the Sac/NM shows, I can see a little disappointment for some. But this set was unpredictable, and freakin amazing. Mind=blown

That's ok, I have 6 gigs coming up starting Saturday, so I have plenty of time to legitimately complain my ass off all the way until Halloween ;)

I noticed that I got a 16 song setlist in Baltimore as soon as they went to the piano section :$ It wasn't so much that I'd explicitly counted, but I knew they'd played one thing new but had left out 2 songs they ordinarily play in the first half, so.... simple math is simple ;)

That said, glad to hear you had a good time tonight. It seems like they're keeping the set length fairly consistent timewise even with a song or two missing, so that's a good thing :) From the sound of it they put on quite a show, can't wait to hear more reports and see pics/vids :)

I noticed that I got a 16 song setlist in Baltimore as soon as they went to the piano section :$ It wasn't so much that I'd explicitly counted, but I knew they'd played one thing new but had left out 2 songs they ordinarily play in the first half, so.... simple math is simple ;)

That said, glad to hear you had a good time tonight. It seems like they're keeping the set length fairly consistent timewise even with a song or two missing, so that's a good thing :) From the sound of it they put on quite a show, can't wait to hear more reports and see pics/vids :)

I hear ya. I think what kept this one exciting is that they seem to be changing it up from what they have played recently. After Exo, Uprising, and Knights of Cydonia I had no clue what they were going to play. Their setlists seemed pretty similar until the Denver gig, but not anymore. I was praying for Bliss/CE/Micro Cuts or something along those lines. But I don't think missing those took away from how awesome tonight was.

LultimaNotte It might be blasphemous, but I'm just going to worship Matthew Bellamy from here on out. http://twitpic.com/2v1b7i

Random UD pic that just popped up on twitter :D

I hear ya. I think what kept this one exciting is that they seem to be changing it up from what they have played recently. After Exo, Uprising, and Knights of Cydonia I had no clue what they were going to play. Their setlists seemed pretty similar until the Denver gig, but not anymore. I was praying for Bliss/CE/Micro Cuts or something along those lines. But I don't think missing those took away from how awesome tonight was.

Yeah, the changing setlist order makes it much more difficult to keep track! When I saw that Exo was the opener tonight, I figured it would essentially just be the same as Denver since that's what they've been doing lately - make a change to the setlist that is a surprise at first, but then they continue with the same change for several gigs and it becomes the new normal. It's nice to see that they changed a couple more things up tonight :)

I just wish they'd find a way to change things up without dropping songs. At first it's like "ok, it was just one song no big deal" but they've dropped 3 slots from the setlist one by one since the spring leg of the tour, and that makes me sad.

But yeah, it sounds like everyone had a good time, which I'm glad to hear! It was sad seeing that some people were disappointed with the sacramento set. Usually, I figure hey, i'm sitting in my living room on a random weeknight, of course it doesn't seem to exciting, but when you hear that someone who was there left a bit disappointed it's a shame.

Just got back. Mind blown. Only 15 songs, kind of sad. Matt tricked to think he was playing Bliss. Full report tomorrow. For my first Muse gig it was amazing!

Can't wait to hear it :)

I think I might have gone mental if he teased bliss when I was there. My heart just can't take those kinds of things! ;)

the boys must have been on fire tonight :D

They really were on fire, it was awesome!!!

Teasing Bliss wasn't very nice. The boardies on the barrier started a chant for Bliss, but he played Feeling Good instead. :chuckle: I still haven't heard New Born, but I'm not complaining since everything else rocked. I wasn't counting songs, I was just having a great time. The audience was great too and sang along to everything.

Just got home from tonight's concert and still smiling. :happy:

Say what you like about the setlist. Considering this was a smaller gig, I liked that they brought full energy to the stage (half a dozen riffs between songs to keep the crowd moving), and I'm particularly proud that the fans that attended tonight gave back. Jumping, waving arms, singing loud and clear when prompted - they gave me as much of a show as did muse. The audience, myself included, were enjoying themselves from what I could see higher up. If there were crabby or disappointed people, don't know where they were hiding.

I brought with someone who'd never seen muse perform and who had barely heard their music before. Needless to say, my friend was won over. To me, that's more important than what songs were played. Plus, he was impressed by Dom's skills. I'm in agreement with him there, especially seeing him play in person.

Just got back from tonights concert. It was my first concert ever, so obviously my first time seeing Muse live. I love Muse and I loved seeing them live. I would do it again in a heartbeat...in fact, I'm dying to go see them again right now. The biggest reason for that being...

Despite how awesome it was, I can't shake the feeling of disappointment. New Born is one of their best songs, one of my favorites, and I LOVE what Matt can do with his improv when it comes to that song live. My greatest excitement for the concert was in anticipation for that song. I couldn't wait to hear it.

I didn't know the set list ahead of time but I was sure they would play it...but they didn't. I was waiting for it all night and they didn't play it. I love them but it's really hard to shake the feeling of disappointment.

On top of that, it felt kind of short. Hour and a half? Maybe that's just me because I've never been to a live concert before...but it felt short.

Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the crowd. Surprised not to find more people complaining about this. When passion pit was up and no one was moving, I thought it might just be because they were the openers, and perhaps they were not as well known(somehow). However, when Muse got to Knights and people in the front quarter of the floor audience were barely moving at all, I got a bit frustrated.

When I saw the guys in Chicago the crowd was incredible, everyone was moving and showing that they were just elated to be there. I didn't feel it was this way at the Target Center, and that was disappointing. It was as if many people just didn't know the songs; the majority of the floor crowd in the front just wasn't that into things. It seemed to go from nothing to a moderate amount of enthusiasm during the typical songs (TIRO, Starlight, etc.). I found myself being the only one jumping or moving around in my field of vision(I was about 20ft away from the stage, center. I was also the tall guy who probably looked like a head case). In Chicago, people were moving to any part they could. Even SS seemed to not even be able to elicit a big response from this crowd.

Don't get me wrong. Although (perhaps) a little short, this was one excellent concert; despite the gripes about the setlist, Muse really played an impeccable show. Memorable as always :)

Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the crowd. Surprised not to find more people complaining about this. When passion pit was up and no one was moving, I thought it might just be because they were the openers, and perhaps they were not as well known(somehow). However, when Muse got to Knights and people in the front quarter of the floor audience were barely moving at all, I got a bit frustrated.

Sometimes it's all down to where you happen to be in the crowd, especially when you're GA (it's easier to get a full view of the floor from seats)... I know from my few gigs that I've heard reports from people in other parts of the pit, sometimes only 10ft from me, that had drastically different experiences and I wonder how we could all have been at the same gig!

So I promised myself I wouldn't look at tonights setlist bc I'm seeing them tomorrow in Milwaukee. But curiosity will be the death of me, so here I am.

15 songs. No MK. No new born. Okaaaaay. :stunned:

I'm nervous for tomorrow, setlist wise. But if you were there and had fun, nice. Good for you.

But yeah, it sounds like everyone had a good time, which I'm glad to hear! It was sad seeing that some people were disappointed with the sacramento set. Usually, I figure hey, i'm sitting in my living room on a random weeknight, of course it doesn't seem to exciting, but when you hear that someone who was there left a bit disappointed it's a shame.

You obviously can’t argue with someone who has been there and was disappointed, it is a legitimate feeling, and yeah it's a shame. But what I can’t stand is reading a person saying something like "Now I feel bad for having good time" after reading what people who have not been at the gig has to say about it, assuming that it was shit just taking a look at the setlist.

I'm nervous for tomorrow, setlist wise. But if you were there and had fun, nice. Good for you.

Don't be nervous, go there, ignore the setlist and enjoy the gig. I've seen them three times this tour and although I've seen mostly the same songs, all the gigs were pretty different from each other and I had an amazing time in all of them :D

Archived