how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. how early are you lining up? (I'm also doing this to get a head count)

• before dawn
    • after dawn, before 10 am
    • 10 am (Target Center's official allowed time)
    • after 10 , but before school is out
    • after school
    • after 5

Paid double for that? Really? :stunned:

And come on, the setlist brigade? Since when was being upset about a lackluster, not to mention incredibly short setlist deemed being part of some sort of "brigade"? I along with a lot of other fans are upset with Muse, as we have every right to be, and I'll post my bitching and negativity in here as this is the thread for the gig, and I was there and thought it was shit. You can think it's awesome, and if you had a great time, then wonderful. I on the other hand can't believe this is what Muse has turned into. They've gotten lazy, yet people still lap up whatever it is they do/turn out, so they'll continue to get lazy.

as long as you were there, it's legit to have your opinion here, but everyone else should go to the general tour discussion thread.

and yes, I would easily pay double for that, I paid about the same for Robert Plant about 5 years ago and though it was a great show and he was in impressively good form for his age ( did Whole Lotta Love with all the power I've heard on older live recordings)it was not even half as awesome as a Muse show

This is not how you should judge a show. You should judge a show based on your experience and personal feelings towards the performance. In general, no matter what we'll always want more. This being my 7th show, yes I wish they played Bliss (seriously god damn you Matt for that tease :noey: but you know I still love you :musesign:) but I didn't let that ruin any songs I did hear or my entire experience.

As for 15 songs = a $65 shafting well... 1) I still count it as a 17 song show which is an album and a half by itself. 2) Ticket prices were $55 if you picked them up from the venue, Ticketmaster added the extra ten. That said it comes out to < $4/song. And I would gladly keep dishing out the cash at that rate.

You can't play everyone's favorites all the time. You're right, another song or two would have made a fantastic experience even better, but until they go out on tour NOT promoting a new album you can't expect to hear all the good old stuff many of us love.

I refuse to call anyone a dick that puts so much energy into a spectacular performance like that for me...even if I wanted more.

You're saying you shouldn't judge a show on the number of songs but the show itself... when I came back from sacramento gig i was feeling dissapointed because it was only 15... how else am I meant to feel? Are you saying you would be satisfied with just Uprising, so long as it was played really well? a one song gig? oh no.. because you have to be within reason. Well within reason for me is to put some effort into it, and play more than 15 songs.

Okay, time for my side of the Muse drama and my overall impression of the gig. For my first Muse concert it was freaking amazing! They have so much energy live and the stage setup is amazing to see in person. That was the happiest day of my life, I have never been that excited before for anything. Even though we only got a 15 song setlist, it was still amazing, but the fact that it was only 15 songs hit me when it was over. I was kind of disappointed when it was over, and was actually sad that I had to leave and I would never see them again for a few years. I had a loss for words and didn't really say anything after the gig because I have nothing else to really look forward to for a while. The Bliss tease was bittersweet and Take a Bow is a force not to be reckoned with live (I would still prefer Knights as a closer though). My major problem was the sound quality in the Target Center. It was really distracting and the gig would have been SO much better if it was at the Xcel Energy Center. I got 2 shirts and have vids of Exo, Knights, TaB, and Resistance which are pretty good quality (I will upload them in a day or two). The whole drama about the 15 song setlist really makes me upset, especially with the thread about Muse splitting. In the end, it was an amazing gig and will be remembered as one of the best days of my life. Thank you Muse, and come back soon!!!!!!

I thought it was a great show and performance. MUSE probably could've played for 5 hrs and I still would've enjoyed more. I know a lot of people are pissed, but you have to think of the toll their tour schedule takes. I thought the time they gave was fair, and I'm thankful they've made such a tremendous effort to play more gigs in the states. I'll definately go to more gigs. Hopefully all of us American fans as a whole can show a bit more love instead of flaunting attitudes of entitlement across MUSE's site and forums. Seriously people, don't ruin it for the rest of us who are realistic. You can only stretch three dudes so thin and between touring and promoting and personal lives Im just thankful that my favorite band is willing to come all the way to MN to play.

I don't care about the setlist at all

BECAUSE IT WAS SO AMAZING!

It was my first Muse concert and I was not let down. I had the best night of my life and mundane setlists wont change the fact that I got to see Muse live. The length was a little disappointing though, I never wanted it to end! And about the crowd, everyone around me was rocking out! (Although, I was at the barrier, right in front of Matt). But it was all lovely! Right before Feeling Good Matt was tinkering around on the piano and he started to play Bliss and everyone in my section started chanting "Bliss Bliss Bliss Bliss!!" but then he played feeling good :indiff: a few obscenities may have been said. It was great nonetheless. I think the boys seemed decently hyped.... But maybe that was just me! All in all, a GREAT first gig :D

^^^^^^^^

THIS mostly (except for a few parts). This is how I felt about Denver. Wish I could do it ALL over again. :)

I thought it was a great show and performance. MUSE probably could've played for 5 hrs and I still would've enjoyed more. I know a lot of people are pissed, but you have to think of the toll their tour schedule takes. I thought the time they gave was fair, and I'm thankful they've made such a tremendous effort to play more gigs in the states. I'll definately go to more gigs. Hopefully all of us American fans as a whole can show a bit more love instead of flaunting attitudes of entitlement across MUSE's site and forums. Seriously people, don't ruin it for the rest of us who are realistic. You can only stretch three dudes so thin and between touring and promoting and personal lives Im just thankful that my favorite band is willing to come all the way to MN to play.

+ 1 million

Ok so Wisconsin got Map of the Problematique, New Born, and Ruled by Secrecy, but not Guiding Light, Feeling Good, or Take a Bow. I think I would've rather had Wisconsin's setlist. But Take a Bow over Ruled by Secrecy.

Damn I'm picky lol.

Honestly, I'm fine w/ the MN setlist because I really wanted to see TaB over RBS. Didn't miss NB or MotP really since I've seen them before. But yeah, if it were the first time seeing them I'd have preferred the other setlist.

You're saying you shouldn't judge a show on the number of songs but the show itself... when I came back from sacramento gig i was feeling dissapointed because it was only 15... how else am I meant to feel? Are you saying you would be satisfied with just Uprising, so long as it was played really well? a one song gig? oh no.. because you have to be within reason. Well within reason for me is to put some effort into it, and play more than 15 songs.

First off even if you don't count Nishe (which is a song so I count 17) it's still 16 songs. MK Jam is good enough, captivating enough, and long enough to be a song. I really don't agree with anyone saying 15 tracks.

How are you meant to feel? Well hopefully pretty damn good that you just got to see one of your favorite bands. I sure am. I've come to terms with their new sound/toned down live shows/kinda selling out. I prepared myself for that from before the gig. I agree I would have wanted one or two more old school tracks. Also touring is hard work and Minneapolis wasn't a huge gig. I'm just glad they came back. No way could I play hundreds of shows a year and keep up an average setlist like they do, it would kill a lot of people. I'd take it easy a night too.

And yes, I would have been just as giddy to pay the same price to see Hysteria, SS, Knights, TaB and Plug in Baby. Easily would pay $65 again right now to see those.

Ok so Wisconsin got Map of the Problematique, New Born, and Ruled by Secrecy, but not Guiding Light, Feeling Good, or Take a Bow. I think I would've rather had Wisconsin's setlist. But Take a Bow over Ruled by Secrecy.

Damn I'm picky lol.

Only one here I'm sad about is RBS. Oh my god that song is so powerful live. I've seen NB every other time, and MOTP is pretty damn good but I appreciate the change. Take into consideration the Target Center sucks for sound and it probably would have ruined the quietness of RBS. I saw them at the Quest years back and those acoustics suck. I couldn't tell they were playing Sing for Absolution til halfway through the song.

So yea I was praying for RBS and sad at the fact they didn't play it, but fucking ecstatic they were in front of me playing something....very bright and very loud :p

Edit: The only true disappointment of the night was no US. That was the first time they've ever not played it in a stadium. That I believe can receive some legitimate criticism.

Seriously, Muse is the only band I know of that will travel the entire length of the globe to play for their fans and then their fans bitch and fucking whine about it. Fuck off.

I'm still waiting (impatiently!) for the front row people to post their pics!!!

Here's my album: A lot of them are of shenanigans prior and after the gig (some taken by Catherine a.k.a. HAARP61), so just ignore those. :$ My pics of the actual gig didn't turn out as well as I was hoping because my Lumix was being a little bitch. :indiff:

http://s859.photobucket.com/home/violetjohnson39 :)

Here's my album: A lot of them are of shenanigans prior and after the gig (some taken by Catherine a.k.a. HAARP61), so just ignore those. :$ My pics of the actual gig didn't turn out as well as I was hoping because my Lumix was being a little bitch. :indiff:

yay pics!

Thanks for your photos Renee. :) Matt looked like he was having a bit of a bad hair day! :chuckle:

awww fluffy matt is fluffy :chuckle:

Do you mind if I steal some to use on Facebook? :D

Damn I'm picky lol.

I thought Exo was great as an opener, and Take a Bow was amazing. Maybe I'd give a slight edge to the Milwaukee set, though we got to sing along to House of the Rising Sun and they didn't. :)

Nat, your pics are fab as usual! :awesome: I really don't know what the hell was up with my camera. It let me down, but I'm sure some user error was probably to blame. :rolleyes:

Edit: Did you even notice Dom or Chris were there? :p:chuckle:

Thanks Renee!

I couldn't see Dom at all, and all the Chris pics are fucked :-( My camera settings were actually wrong, I should not have messed with it before we went in.

Thanks Renee!

I couldn't see Dom at all, and all the Chris pics are fucked :-( My camera settings were actually wrong, I should not have messed with it before we went in.

Aw, that's too bad. I guess I forgot how much 2" in height can make a difference. I kind of had to stand on my toes to see all of Dom, and couldn't see Morgan at all of course.

They really were on fire, it was awesome!!!

Teasing Bliss wasn't very nice. The boardies on the barrier started a chant for Bliss, but he played Feeling Good instead. :chuckle: I still haven't heard New Born, but I'm not complaining since everything else rocked. I wasn't counting songs, I was just having a great time. The audience was great too and sang along to everything.

Not sure if it was posted earlier... the cruel tease captured here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbOu024WeM

Mathew James Bellamy!!!!

I feel like a dork because I honestly didn't notice the Bliss bit at the time. I guess because I know they always start with those three distinct guitar notes, so I kept listening out for that. But I remember as the piano dickering kept going on I was thinking, well, wtf is he gonna play? Then, :facepalm::p

Not sure if it was posted earlier... the cruel tease captured here:

Thanks for posting that! I'm going to look on the bright side, and say this means I've heard part of Bliss live. :happy: The intro is one of the best things about that song, and we got to hear Matt play it on piano for a change. I should have known it wasn't Bliss since he almost always starts it with guitar, but I wasn't really thinking straight at that point!

Archived