After a tremolo pedal - Boss TR-2 or the EHX Stereo Pulsar.

Anybody got owt to say about either?

ive got a tr-2. its absolutely fine, i love mine. no hiss or noise when its engaged, no volume jump or click, and its more or less idiot-proof (only 3 knobs). the only criticism i could really give it is that the first 1/3 of the "depth" control's range seems to give very VERY little audible tremolo. its really the 12 oclock to 5 oclock range where you get the largest range of depths. doesnt really matter though, tbh

After a tremolo pedal - Boss TR-2 or the EHX Stereo Pulsar.

Anybody got owt to say about either?

The Pulsar's a good pedal - there's also the Marshall Vibratrem, might be able to find them for cheap on ebay. Great pedal.

The Pulsar's a good pedal - there's also the Marshall Vibratrem, might be able to find them for cheap on ebay. Great pedal.

Owuld look out with that marshall one, I have a regenerator from Marshall for phaser, but damn the volume really gets a boost with it.. + No level knob...

^Vibratrem seemed okay to me.

Question for K&T: A new 2008-version Laney VC30-112 for ~£400 off the internets. Good deal?

I want to get an amp which'll last me as long as possible without swapping, and I love my 2008 VC15-110. Plus it has more headroom, is louder, and has a serial effects loop. All things I want. Also we're going to be looking into gigging some time soon/later on this year.

Worth it? Or better amps that you know of for £200-400?

I'm looking at buying either a Blackstar HT-Drive or HT-Dual. Anyone got any experience with these? Would you recommend it?

I have a HT-Dual, and it really kick ass dude, no joking.

I'd say that for the little more you pay for it the HT-Dual is much more worth than the HT-Drive.

It's my main distortion and overdrive, and wouldn't want any other pedal than that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the look of the Nova Delay pedals (Nova Delay and Nova Repeater). The Nova Repeater is essentially the stripped down version of the Nova Delay, the most notable differences is the lack of stereo input, presets and LCD display. I intend to do gigging with this pedal, with my school big band, and in a hard rock band of some description. I'm not the kind of guy who does endless tweaking, once I've found one sound I'm quite happy with it, so my questions is really, would presets be massively helpful, even essentially for a live situation, or just an added bonus...

I'd say for live stuff, either a few presets, or tap tempo, those are imo the best options.

---

Ok, I currently use a marshall Regenerator for phaser, and a ME-20 for delays and as a tuner.

The thing is, I don't like the Regen. it gives a volume boost with distortion and well, I just kinda don't like it anymore... So I'm selling it and would like to know if anyone here can recommend me a simple good phaser, something like a phase 90 will probably do the trick.

Next step, I'm gonna get rid of the ME-20, and I want a delay unit that has either a few patches or a good tap tempo (something like a nova delay?)

And at last a tuner, well I could of course get a boss one, but I think for a tuner it is quite expensive, so I'm open for suggestions otherwise.

Or should I just sell everything and get a whammy?

EDIT: good thing to add: I want stuff that I won't be needing to replace in a year cause I need something better for my feeling.

I

And at last a tuner, well I could of course get a boss one, but I think for a tuner it is quite expensive, so I'm open for suggestions otherwise.

Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Tuner. I've just bought one and as long as you're okay with the lack of option of flat tuning or double flat tuning and know what notes you're tuning to, it's great.

Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Tuner. I've just bought one and as long as you're okay with the lack of option of flat tuning or double flat tuning and know what notes you're tuning to, it's great.

i'd honestly reccomend the tu-1000 by boss, it's that extra bit bigger so it gives you so much more low end to your tone and i've found that it even manages to make my mg-50 sound like an old plexi marshall, can't reccomend it enough.

tu_1000_angle_1_gal-c9415e5dc8252fc7185053c128e78172.jpg

I'd say for live stuff, either a few presets, or tap tempo, those are imo the best options.

---

Ok, I currently use a marshall Regenerator for phaser, and a ME-20 for delays and as a tuner.

The thing is, I don't like the Regen. it gives a volume boost with distortion and well, I just kinda don't like it anymore... So I'm selling it and would like to know if anyone here can recommend me a simple good phaser, something like a phase 90 will probably do the trick.

Next step, I'm gonna get rid of the ME-20, and I want a delay unit that has either a few patches or a good tap tempo (something like a nova delay?)

Or should I just sell everything and get a whammy?

EDIT: good thing to add: I want stuff that I won't be needing to replace in a year cause I need something better for my feeling.

Phase 90's boost the volume and distort the signal, some people like it, hence how popular the Phase 90 is. If you don't want a volume boost and no distortion, look at the EHX Small Stone or the little Nano one.

Hey guys, Yeah, i guess I really NEED the Tu-1000.

But no, thanks for the replies ;) I'll look into the small stone, and the korg one.

still looking for decent delay, with like a few presets.

im planning on building a small recording studio in my room, and im looking around for just a plain simple USB audio interface (firewire is not an option).

Ive found a standard interface for about 120 pounds, (presonus audiobox), but then I was looking at some straightforward monitors and saw the Alesis m1 active USB monitors

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74406

These claim to have a USB interface to record instruments, but its not going to be as good as the other interface will it? (the other one also has phantom power, which isnt much of a problem as im going to be recording DI mostly and some vocals through a dynamic microphone).

Archived