It's probably been asked before, but hey, I apologise profusely in advance

18 months into playing guitar (guitar is a Washburn X-50 ProQ, amp is Line 6 Spider III) looking into getting some effects, looked on this thread noticed the names Boss and Pod XT lives, I've tried an XT live and the new Boss ME-70, love the ME-70, COSM amp model looks real good. However, I really like the Fuzz factory, they just have that unique sound. 2 questions, 1.) Fuzz Factory or ME-70 (or any other suggestions would be very welcomed) and 2.) are the Fuzz Factory and Fuzz Probe very similar?

Sorry to sound like a n00b, but I'm new to the effects bsns

(oh and I enjoy playing Muse, EVH, Metallica, Slayer, but also would like to attain warmer Tele type tones, and also a type of Blur/Graham Coxon tone would be great)

Cheers guys:awesome:

Don't bother with the FF just for the sake of it, plenty of other fuzzes that'll do the same thing but with a different fuzz sound and there are better pedals for fuzz without all the glitching and oscillation. Just because Matt has one and half this board as well doesn't mean it's the right pedal for you ;)

The Fuzz Probe and FF are the same, though my Probe did sound slightly different to the FFs I've used along side it, but it was older than those FFs.

Multis are good if you need a load of effects and don't have the money for a bord, but can lead you into overdoing effects whereas a few good pedals used well is a lot more effective.

That's because I'm (apparently) part british

FOCKIN AMERICAN TW0T UR ENGLISH IS WELL DODGY MEYT

Well you're american and I think you're white, so yeah, you're a bit british :p

Starting/getting involved in unnecessary wars is about as British as it gets ;)

Don't bother with the FF just for the sake of it, plenty of other fuzzes that'll do the same thing but with a different fuzz sound and there are better pedals for fuzz without all the glitching and oscillation. Just because Matt has one and half this board as well doesn't mean it's the right pedal for you ;)

The Fuzz Probe and FF are the same, though my Probe did sound slightly different to the FFs I've used along side it, but it was older than those FFs.

Multis are good if you need a load of effects and don't have the money for a bord, but can lead you into overdoing effects whereas a few good pedals used well is a lot more effective.

:LOL: true, true :$

cheers, sound advice there!

Oh yeah...

'For teh lolz', yeah you got the right idea :LOL:

They sound amazing though, I wanna buy one and put it through a chorus pedal.

haha that would just sound thick as fuck :LOL: but awesome though...

you gotta keep them in really good condition though... they can sound HORRIBLE if you let the tuning or intonation go out :(

haha that would just sound thick as fuck :LOL: but awesome though...

you gotta keep them in really good condition though... they can sound HORRIBLE if you let the tuning or intonation go out :(

Oh yeah, SRS neck warping too, you would've thought they'd reinforce the neck or something...

In any case, that's why I don't wanna spend a lot on this, besides, you could probably just get it treated periodically in any guitar workshop surely?

Oh yeah, SRS neck warping too, you would've thought they'd reinforce the neck or something...

In any case, that's why I don't wanna spend a lot on this, besides, you could probably just get it treated periodically in any guitar workshop surely?

What the fuck is this? 12 string necks are more likely to warp than 6 string necks? Where did you get that little tit-bit of detritus? They're the same as any other guitar only with twice the strings.

My girlfriend's dad has a cheapy olf yamaha 12 string that he never plays. It's been hanging on his living room wall for at least 10 years, and i'm the only one to ever tune it and play it. I tuned it 2 years ago, and it was still in tune last week, the intonation's fine. The neck's too thick (not wide, thick) for my liking, but the tone is nice.

What the fuck is this? 12 string necks are more likely to warp than 6 string necks? Where did you get that little tit-bit of detritus? They're the same as any other guitar only with twice the strings.

My girlfriend's dad has a cheapy olf yamaha 12 string that he never plays. It's been hanging on his living room wall for at least 10 years, and i'm the only one to ever tune it and play it. I tuned it 2 years ago, and it was still in tune last week, the intonation's fine. The neck's too thick (not wide, thick) for my liking, but the tone is nice.

Twice the strings so therefore twice the tension, then it's reasonable to assume there will be twice the warping? I dunno, that's what I've heard anyway.

That's a pretty wild imagination you've got there phill. It would be pretty "out there" for a luthier to actually consider what effect string tension may have on the stability of a neck. Still, I suppose there's a small possibility you're right.

That's a pretty wild imagination you've got there phill. It would be pretty "out there" for a luthier to actually consider what effect string tension may have on the stability of a neck. Still, I suppose there's a small possibility you're right.

I know, this sunshine's got me day dreaming again.

Twice the strings so therefore twice the tension, then it's reasonable to assume there will be twice the warping? I dunno, that's what I've heard anyway.

The extra strings are no thicker than than the high E though are they? So it's not exactly twice the tension and the necks are generally a bit thicker.

yeh it turns out the old maxim "loud guitars kill bees" is a load of bullshit.

I would open a jar of jam and throw it to land quite far away from your door, but close enough to attract them. You can throw it from an upstairs window for maximum safety.

yeh it turns out the old maxim "loud guitars kill bees" is a load of bullshit.

I would open a jar of jam and throw it to land quite far away from your door, but close enough to attract them. You can throw it from an upstairs window for maximum safety.

there is a flaw in that plan, my house is one of those stupid upside down houses because it is built on a hill, so the downstairs is what you know as the upstairs, and vice-versa, so the door is actually on the upstairs...

i have a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher i stole from a pub one drunken night, reckon that will do the trick? :awesome:

Archived