yamaha p70

about 400-500 from what i remember

i have one and so does sam and no complaints.

only has basic sounds, but great key action and has midi out for any extra sounds you may want

stay away from m-audio ones, there cheap yeah, but they play about as well as veron in the premiership

yamaha p70

only has basic sounds, but great key action and has midi out for any extra sounds you may want

stay away from m-audio ones, there cheap yeah, but they play about as well as veron in the premiership

Thanks, I do love Yamaha <3.

I'm not after one with sounds, I have my keyboard for that, I just want one that will be as close as possible to sounding and feeling like a real piano.

..you don't want ANY sounds, or you mean you don't want a synth (pads, strings, etc)?

If you don't mind me asking, what Casio do you have right now? The Privia range are pretty nice, but if you just have a keyboard, it's not the same. I have a Clavinova, and it's nice, though ours is pretty old. I'm not sure you really want a stage piano though - they generally don't have speakers and you need to buy a separate amp for them.

As for korg, well they don't make digital pianos, so you can't really judge them for that - they make good products for the right application. Realistic piano action isn't there ;)

..you don't want ANY sounds, or you mean you don't want a synth (pads, strings, etc)?

If you don't mind me asking, what Casio do you have right now? The Privia range are pretty nice, but if you just have a keyboard, it's not the same. I have a Clavinova, and it's nice, though ours is pretty old. I'm not sure you really want a stage piano though - they generally don't have speakers and you need to buy a separate amp for them.

As for korg, well they don't make digital pianos, so you can't really judge them for that - they make good products for the right application. Realistic piano action isn't there ;)

Well I want sounds, i.e. piano sounds, but I have no reason for extra synth sounds.

I don't have a casio, I don't like casios. At the moment my lessons are on a roland stage piano, before I was on a Yamaha clavinova and at home I have a little Yamaha PSR-260 (I used to have a PSR-19, in the days before touch sensitivity).

By the looks of things i'm going to have to save up an extra grand to get a clavinova .

But there is this I have my eye on

jsw_orchestral_website_056.jpg

which is a Yamaha DGX-630 for £500, or for an extra £50 I could get a Yamaha YDP141 (Arius Model).

I know i'd have to get an amp/speaker for a stage piano, and I have my eye on a Yamaha P85, but I just don't know the differences between them all!

Yeah, but what I'm saying is don't rule out casio until you try the privia range :p they're nothing like the kiddie keyboards they make.

(I did once play with a guy at church who brought in his cheap casio because the clav we had "wasn't good enough" though :LOL:)

Hallo,

I'm saving up a good £700 (it will take a while) to buy myself a new piano.

No where to put, along with not enough money, to get a proper upright or baby grand :( so was thinking about getting an electric piano.

Problem is, which one to do for.

I've always played on a touch sensitive keyboard, and def want rid.

I had my lessons when I was wee on a Yamaha Clavinova, and I really like them, and there cheep as well, but i've seen some Roland stage pianos and i'm not quite sure the difference, apart from clavinovas looking nicer.

Any help, suggestions or differences between the two would be loved.

Also, I don't want a korg or casio brand, I'm not a fan.

ROLAND RD170. I love mine and it's probably only about £4-500 now. It sounds amazing (apart from the pads but I don't really use them anyway) and just rules muchly.

yamaha p70

Basically this. P70s are awesome. Great action, and superb sound!

Anyone have any views on the VOX Valvetronics range?

Looking at the VT15 (successor of the AD15VT) as a practice amp. It has a tube pre-amp and lot of different sounds.

Looks decent, but can't find much of an independent review on the sound.

cheers

Valvestate (valve preamp with a solid state power amp) amps are generally regarded to be worse than decent all solid state amps. They're not really one or the other. However, I have heard good things about the valvetronics. But imho, your amp should be the purest part of the signal chain, and I'm not at all a fan of effects on amps, even for convenience purposes.

What's your price range, and what criteria do you have?

Well just want an amp for home use only, one that has good clean and overdrive tone at low volumes (only need 15w otherwise the girlfriend wont be impressed). The thing I liked about the VT15 is the range of amp types to choose from - I like playing anything from blues to classic rock to metal. I'm not fussed on on board effects as such, and need a sub £200 price tag.

• 2 weeks later...

recommend me a fuzz pedal please!,

fuzz factory doesnt work with wireless guitar kit so i sold it when i got ze wireless

i have a big muff for thicker stuff

basically, something simular sounding to the ff, but what working with a wireless guitar, isnt as bright and wont cost me the world to buy

*waits for jack*

fuzz factory doesnt work with wireless guitar kit so i sold it when i got ze wireless

basically, something simular sounding to the ff, but what working with a wireless guitar, isnt as bright and wont cost me the world to buy

*waits for jack*

couple of AC128 transistors, some resistors and a capacitor.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::eek::LOL:

serious answer anyone?

im looking into buying a marshall 4x12 to use with my JVM/DSL heads.

i currently use a marshall 1936 2x12

im undecided between the 1960A/AV or AX cab any advice? im after more of a classic tone like thin lizzy etc so im leaning towards a 1960 AX as it has the greenbacks.

Get a Marshall 1960 TV re-issue. Great cabs and a vintage tone. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived