Now, in all the votes, and polls on the forum, Showbiz (the song) is hailed as one of Muse's greatest songs. However, in my opinion, it's one of there worst, alongside Sober. I'm gunna get pelters for this, but I just can't see why everyone likes it.......

Now, in all the votes, and polls on the forum, Showbiz (the song) is hailed as one of Muse's greatest songs. However, in my opinion, it's one of there worst, alongside Sober. I'm gunna get pelters for this, but I just can't see why everyone likes it.......

It's not my favourite song, I'll admit, but I still really like it. I find it quite powerful, especially in the build up throughout the song and I like the bassline.

Just out of interest, what makes you feel it's one of their worst?

im gonna assume your a twitard just for shits and giggles

Yeah but if anyone made a "Why does everyone like USoE" for example, then it would be OK.

I agree with the OP, it's damn overrated, best from the album, but then there isn't massive competition.

Yeah but if anyone made a "Why does everyone like USoE" for example, then it would be OK.

I agree with the OP, it's damn overrated, best from the album, but then there isn't massive competition.

I don't think you can consider anything in the music or form of art "overrated," its all opinion. Overrated is more suited to be used for competition. Like a team that has hype then gets smashed in the championship game. But again thats your opinion. Judging by the songs in your sig I wouldn't guess you would like most of showbiz anyways = /.

I don't think you can consider anything in the music or form of art "overrated," its all opinion. Overrated is more suited to be used for competition. Like a team that has hype then gets smashed in the championship game. But again thats your opinion. Judging by the songs in your sig I wouldn't guess you would like most of showbiz anyways = /.

I see what you're saying. But I was regarding 'overrated-ness' in terms of how well Showbiz has been doing in the Muse song world cup, in which it has been getting excessive votes IMO when other songs should have won.

And you're wrong about me not liking Showbiz, it's awesome, just my least favourite album.(so still good in Muse's standards)

Just because I like less liked songs and ones that 'you can't be a true Muse fan to like.' Doesn't mean I don't like their more classic and hardcore titles. :)

(and btw I'm not aiming this elitism at you personally, it's just the general consensus I have come across from some Muse 'fans.')

I see what you're saying. But I was regarding 'overrated-ness' in terms of how well Showbiz has been doing in the Muse song world cup, in which it has been getting excessive votes IMO when other songs should have won.

And you're wrong about me not liking Showbiz, it's awesome, just my least favourite album.(so still good in Muse's standards)

Just because I like less liked songs and ones that 'you can't be a true Muse fan to like.' Doesn't mean I don't like their more classic and hardcore titles. :)

(and btw I'm not aiming this elitism at you personally, it's just the general consensus I have come across from some Muse 'fans.')

I'm the opposite of you, I liked Showbiz and the raw style of muse more so than the BHAR and TR style of music. But yes, still very good songs. And no offense taken, i just like to stir the pot a bit :D

The first time I heard it, I didn't like it that much because of the vocal melody. I thought it was just kind of whiny and boring. BUT, I loved the last minute and a half of the song. It has grown on me enough for me to say that I love it, but there are still probably 5 songs on Showbiz I like more. HTAILY is my fave, I think.

Archived