What is interesting is how it progresses and builds despite it just being the same 5 chords over and over and no variation in the lead guitar or vocal melodies at all really.

A bit reminiscent of late 60's - 70's German bands, which makes the song awesome by default.

Best song ever and ever (with Forced in). i think matt is really true, i mean he is feeling is music, he gets into what life makes him angry = make an explosion in the sky :LOL: All (riff, lyrics, bass line, drums) is very simple but well executed. Just watch the gigs wherre they finished with Showbiz!!! How amazing it is :happy::musesign:

It's a brilliant and powerful song and sounds like the band actually fucking mean it.

This.

It's fucking epic. That ending is so unbelievably powerful and out of this world, I get fecking chills whenever I hear it. I can't believe that's a human voice sometimes :LOL:.

Showbiz the song is def not overrated, imo... in fact, I don't think it's appreciated enough. I'd die of joy if I saw it live! :happy:

The Hullabaloo performance is by far the best, imo. He almost does a better job of the end than the studio version :stunned:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJyWvT_pZAE

Just out of interest, what makes you feel it's one of their worst?

Granted, i can kinda see where you're all coming from with the progression of the song, and the end bit being good, and all this, but the first however-many-minutes until the guitar solo just doesn't really make it worth it for me. Dull isn't the word I'd use for the beginning, but i find it a little "uninteresting", shall we say....

And, also, I don't tend to relate to songs unless they're strikingly similar to me, so it doens't strike any chords personally....(or maybe its just because I'm unattatched and standoff-ish):LOL::LOL:

Granted, i can kinda see where you're all coming from with the progression of the song, and the end bit being good, and all this, but the first however-many-minutes until the guitar solo just doesn't really make it worth it for me. Dull isn't the word I'd use for the beginning, but i find it a little "uninteresting", shall we say....

And, also, I don't tend to relate to songs unless they're strikingly similar to me, so it doens't strike any chords personally....(or maybe its just because I'm unattatched and standoff-ish):LOL::LOL:

See I love the soft vocal at the beginning which then gets more and more angry and frantic as the song builds as the instrumentals get louder and heavier! I connect to it totally emotionally and it certainly builds the adrenalin. I think it's an awesome song.

While it's not my absolute favorite, it is one of my favorites. Showbiz is just my favorite album. I dunno, I like the raw/rough sound. We all have different opinons, that would be why some people love it and some don't. :rolleyes:

Archived