I would think Paul McCartney and The Cure are WAY more of a big deal than Muse, and fucking anyone can flame me for that.

Well you would, because you're old. Kids don't give a shit about Paul McCartney and The Cure, and the kids are the ones watching this on Facebook and Myspace. Plus they both tour all the time.

Anyway, it's more about keeping the stage setup a secret. And they'll probably end up showing Muse and (hopefully) Gorillaz anyway, they just haven't revealed it yet.

True.

What's everyone watching? What do you think?

Who's been your favorite?

LCD were about the same as how I think about them on record. Amazing in spots when it all comes together.....otherwise can be boring (and sloppy).

Vampire Weekend seem more comfortable on stage than when I saw them a few years ago.

Street Sweeper was alright, Deer Tick seemed ok, Yeasayer was actually pretty good one of those bands im gonna check out, specials were lively and fun, ra ra riot was actually pretty good i like them a lot, passion pit was great another band ill check out, and echo and the bunnymen are pretty good too.

vampire weekend right now sounds good, but the more I'm watching this and watching the crowd and stuff, the more I realize that I dunno how much I wanna see them live. I mean they sound really good just the songs dont seem that fun to hear live. But maybe its just me.

Street Sweeper was alright, Deer Tick seemed ok, Yeasayer was actually pretty good one of those bands im gonna check out, specials were lively and fun, ra ra riot was actually pretty good i like them a lot, passion pit was great another band ill check out, and echo and the bunnymen are pretty good too.

vampire weekend right now sounds good, but the more I'm watching this and watching the crowd and stuff, the more I realize that I dunno how much I wanna see them live. I mean they sound really good just the songs dont seem that fun to hear live. But maybe its just me.

Yeasayer was one I was sad about missing. I didn't get tickets before they sold out for next week too. Oh wells.

You're right about Vampire Weekend, it's not just you. Though I saw them at a festival and it was early in the day (and sunny), and I enjoyed them then. But most people would agree with you. Don't go out of your way or pay anything crazy to see them.

Yeasayer was one I was sad about missing. I didn't get tickets before they sold out for next week too. Oh wells.

You're right about Vampire Weekend, it's not just you. Though I saw them at a festival and it was early in the day (and sunny), and I enjoyed them then. But most people would agree with you. Don't go out of your way or pay anything crazy to see them.

Just finished watching, and they picked up a bit at the end. But some songs, even though I like them, just seem like a bore live.

I mean I absolutely love the band, one of my favorites, and I'm sure I would enjoy a live show, but like you said, I don't think I'll go way out of my way to see them

wasn't going to go cos of prices and cos we barely had free time in LA anyway (just 3 days) before our flight home.. but ash cloud seems to be here to stay, flight home will get delayed and therefore, scored tickets today and will be down at Coachella tomorrow with Ortal, Helen T and Forwen!!

hope to see many Musers there!!

I saw Vampire Weekend at last year's KROQ ACX (along with Muse, for that matter) and I thought they were okay. I like their music but they aren't anything super-unique live. But they're still fairly new; give 'em some time and maybe that will change.

I still think there's hope for some last-minute additions to the feed like yesterday (which I watched bits and pieces of), or maybe I'm just being cautiously optimistic. :p

Well you would, because you're old. Kids don't give a shit about Paul McCartney and The Cure, and the kids are the ones watching this on Facebook and Myspace. Plus they both tour all the time.

Anyway, it's more about keeping the stage setup a secret. And they'll probably end up showing Muse and (hopefully) Gorillaz anyway, they just haven't revealed it yet.

Are you saying Muse wants the towers a secret? Have you not seen the official video for Resistance?

But anyway, here's hoping we get Muse on a webcast later :yesey:

wasn't going to go cos of prices and cos we barely had free time in LA anyway (just 3 days) before our flight home.. but ash cloud seems to be here to stay, flight home will get delayed and therefore, scored tickets today and will be down at Coachella tomorrow with Ortal, Helen T and Forwen!!

hope to see many Musers there!!

wow... yay, volcano...? :chuckle: Enjoy the show!

How many hours till Muse time?

Muse goes on at 9:35PM apparently, and it's currently about 11:15AM in california.... so another 10hrs or so...?

Nope.

Here's a hint - it's footage from one of the fall tour dates with the full set (and the song's graphics) on display...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

There are also crowd/band shots from other songs (at least NB and UD because there are lasers, and PiB because they show balloons), it basically gives an overview of the whole show...

;)

I HIGHLY disagree with you. I wouldn't consider myself a kid, but I definitely wouldn't consider myself old either. I went to Coachella last year FOR Paul McCartney. Hmm, I didn't pick the kid friendly band The Killers either. I wanted to see The Cure as well (they're one of my favorite bands) but I had seen them the year previously, and I'd never seen Paul McCartney. Plus, I don't think many kids (I don't really know what age group you're thinking) like 13 and younger most likely don't even give a shit about Coachella let alone Paul McCartney, The Cure, Muse, or Gorillaz......

Hector met David Albarn of Gorillaz :awesome:

:awesome:

Here's a hint - it's footage from one of the fall tour dates with the full set (and the song's graphics) on display...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

There are also crowd/band shots from other songs (at least NB and UD because there are lasers, and PiB because they show balloons), it basically gives an overview of the whole show...

;)

Pretty sure he means keeping the stage set up a secret since they haven't brought their set up to any other festival thus far on the tour and the rumors of it conflicting with and altering Coachella's main stage.

Pretty sure he means keeping the stage set up a secret since they haven't brought their set up to any other festival thus far on the tour and the rumors of it conflicting with and altering Coachella's main stage.

When he made the comments he was talking about reasons the band may not want their set to be on the webcast. By the time the webcast begins everyone at the gig is going to know whether or not the towers are there.... so....

I have hope they will stream Muse. I just noticed they added Public image limited last night, and that was like right when they started probably because when I went to bed they didn't have them listed. They also have open spots about where muse is playing.

If they don't stream, I hope the sexy plane is up at least

Archived