Still waiting for them to release single day tix. Anyone heard any rumors as to when this may happen? I can't get the time off work for 3 days nor afford the ticket. This is the first time I can remember that they haven't done this from day one. Got my Tool tix a few years back right away.

I heard they aren't doing single tickets this year at all.

I heard they aren't doing single tickets this year at all.

This. So many people have been petitioning and arguing over getting them to sell single-day tickets again, but they're not going to change their minds.

Festival planners eliminated the single-day tickets to "protect" and "benefit" the 3-day pass-holders (ex: going in and out of the festival at any time, car camping, cheaper camping passes, hotel and camping availabilities since spaces are limited to begin with, etc). They also want to further establish the concept of a THREE-DAY music festival (like other big 3-day music festivals in other parts of the world). Tough luck for most of us who want a single-day pass, but if any of us do end up getting the 3-day pass and go for all three days, we're guaranteed to get our money's worth (especially if you are a music-aficionado, and like most of the band lineup).

How big is Coachella compared to other US festivals? One of the biggest?

I would say yes. But I live in California, so my perception may be skewed.

I'm seriously considering going still. Southwest and Virgin Air have some great flight deals within CA right now. Hrrrmmmm.....

GO!

Come on Muse let me pick the setlist for Coachella! :p

Hahaha!! That's the big draw for me, hopefully they'll do a unique set! Also, I got that following Monday off from work, so I could do this now! OMG..I don't know what to doooo.

Ok, I am certain I will be going but I need a place to stay. Anyone have space in their camping spot or hotel? I'll split costs.

I have camping space - not really sure if I'll fly last-minute or do road trip. Our cars have to check-in at the same time / my camp area should have plenty of space for Musers only. I'll sleep in my car (but I'll also bring all the camping stuffs etc)

I'll PM the details ...

Ooh, thank you thank you thank you! Yes, please send the info. I will help you out as much as I can and share costs. I can park in the overnight companion parking. No problems. What time were you planning on getting there? I might be bringing another friend that's looking for a spot, is that ok? We're both pretty relaxed, friendly and open. :)

Also, I think I'll fly in instead. I keep wanting to drive, but with the show in Oakland, I won't be up for driving the next day at 5am. What time are you planning on getting to the campsite on Thursday?

I have camping space - not really sure if I'll fly last-minute or do road trip (hoping to check-in by Thursday noon/PM and out by Monday ... arrrgh - work). My camp area should have plenty of space for Musers only (10 ft x 30 ft ... just read rules: 1 car then as many tents that can fit in the spot... you could park to nearest parking for other overnight campers?). I'll sleep in my car (but I'll also bring some camping gears/stuffs etc)

I'll PM the details ...

I bought a ticket to this, but stupidly didn't buy a camping pass at the same time. I was about to sell it, but I'm hoping you would have room for one more on your spot? It would be just me, I'll pay for my share of the spot, bring beer and food to share. Plus I've got extra tents, lanterns, and other camping stuff should anyone need anything. If you decide to fly instead of drive I could pick you and others up from the airport.

I'm hoping you would have room for one more on your spot? It would be just me, I'll pay for my share of the spot, bring beer and food to share. Plus I've got extra tents, lanterns, and other camping stuff should anyone need anything. If you decide to fly instead of drive I could pick you and others up from the airport.

What is the size of your smallest tent?

What is the size of your smallest tent?

- We're all right with sharing and giving you some space too, ssiu.

- It looks like my car + Jessica's 7x9 tent + another 7x7 tent + few spaces for seating etc will fit in the 10x30 space.

- I'll be bringing my extra 7x7? tent too just in case (if it fits in my car with all the stuffs I'll be bringing lol).

Thanks so much! You guys are a lifesaver. You have no idea what a relief this is, I was ready to try and get rid of my ticket.

My smallest tent is a 7x9, it fits 2-3 people. If that's too big for the spot I can always just get a smaller tent. I also have another huge tent that's 3 rooms and can fit more than 6 people, but I hardly think that will fit in the camping spot.

damn, ok the problem we are having is that our car is pretty big, and is taking up almost half of the space, and we have a 10x10 canopy (which is more like a 9x9 canopy when you put it up) and so alot of the tent has to be under the canopy so it can not be bigger then 9 feet in either dimension. Guess we are just going to have to be crammed into a slightly smaller tent

Hey guys, what do you think are the chances of GV selling prorated tickets the day of (Sat)? I know that's only if the 3-day passes have not sold out, but does anyone know how close it is right now? They're being lame this year and since I'm poor and I can't go Friday or Sunday, I'm just going to show up early on Saturday and hope for the best. Do you think I'll be able to get one?

My group is planning to squish 6-7 people (maybe more) into a tent capacity of 4. ((But as long as everyone's friends with one another, it'll be something to remember and laugh afterwards!)) Camping is going to be insanely fun this year. :LOL:

Hey guys, what do you think are the chances of GV selling prorated tickets the day of (Sat)? I know that's only if the 3-day passes have not sold out, but does anyone know how close it is right now? They're being lame this year and since I'm poor and I can't go Friday or Sunday, I'm just going to show up early on Saturday and hope for the best. Do you think I'll be able to get one?

Not sure if GV will. Maybe some people will try to get some of their money back by selling their tickets on Friday evening or Saturday morning (but it's usually after Saturday's shows when people start reselling their tickets for those wanting to go on Sunday). Check craigslist, Coachella boards, or whoever's selling near the festival entrance.

Not sure if GV will. Maybe some people will try to get some of their money back by selling their tickets on Friday evening or Saturday morning (but it's usually after Saturday's shows when people start reselling their tickets for those wanting to go on Sunday). Check craigslist, Coachella boards, or whoever's selling near the festival entrance.

Awesome, thanks. :happy:

'Nother question... do you guys think Muse will be walking around at all, or might be meeting fans before/after the gig? Unfortunately they were not on the autograph signing tent list (on the Coachella forum) but does that mean they won't come out at all?

Awesome, thanks. :happy:

'Nother question... do you guys think Muse will be walking around at all, or might be meeting fans before/after the gig? Unfortunately they were not on the autograph signing tent list (on the Coachella forum) but does that mean they won't come out at all?

That's up to them.

Besides, if there was any mentioning of them planning to walk around the main festival grounds, hell would break loose. :chuckle:

Hey guys, if you're all carpooling together, decorate your car to catch the attention of the Carpoolchella secret spotters. If you're lucky, they may go to you and you'll win something (gift cards, VIP wristbands, festival VIP tickets for LIFE, and so on!).

Two years ago, my friends and I tried doing Carpoolchella. But another group that arrived around the same time as us won instead. :(:LOL:

Less than a week!

Bad news - In the past, Coachella has used AT&T Blue Room for webcasting the festival. That appears to have gone under... so instead they're using 5Gum on Facebook this year. And while they have 31 bands scheduled to be webcast, none of them are headlining acts. :(

I'm sorry, I'm just brimming with questions. Last one... do you think that if I bring a personal gift, the security guards may just let me talk to Muse? (I'm ridiculous, I know) but I've heard that people have given them gifts before. I bought a white T-shirt and plan to make a design and iron it on (for Matt) and I may draw a few portraits and make a card for them. I feel like such a silly, over-optomistic fan. :stunned:

Do you have VIP tickets? Coachella is set up in such a way that any security a normal festival goer might encounter are so low on the chain that you probably wouldn't even be able to get any kind of message back to the band. Maybe if you had VIP access you could find someone with that ability... or if you're lucky you might see Tom Kirk walking around throughout the day. But with 50,000+ people walking around that'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

Archived