I know! I'm so sorry! :$ I really tried to enjoy their set, I really did. I stuck through half of it. But I was bored out of my fucking mind. It really did suck. :(

I was looking on the Coachella website and lots of people were saying how dissapointed they were with their set.

Apparently lots of the guest performers weren't able to make it over with the ash.

I was looking on the Coachella website and lots of people were saying how dissapointed they were with their set.

Apparently lots of the guest performers weren't able to make it over with the ash.

Yeah, I don't get the "disappointment." Their musicianship was TOP NOTCH. I think people's expectations got the better of them given that Gorillaz were given over 1 1/2 hours prep time, were unopposed on the bill, and their own reputation of theatrics.

You may not have liked it, but to say Gorillaz "sucked" shows your own musical ignorance more than anything else. Most of these people claiming disappointment probably have no idea that 2/3 of the original Clash is in Gorillaz for this incarnation...and they were so far from sucking musically I don't know what else to tell you :D

Yeah, I don't get the "disappointment." Their musicianship was TOP NOTCH. I think people's expectations got the better of them given that Gorillaz were given over 1 1/2 hours prep time, were unopposed on the bill, and their own reputation of theatrics.

You may not have liked it, but to say Gorillaz "sucked" shows your own musical ignorance more than anything else. Most of these people claiming disappointment probably have no idea that 2/3 of the original Clash is in Gorillaz for this incarnation...and they were so far from sucking musically I don't know what else to tell you :D

Of course that's your opinion, as the former was hers. I like the Gorillaz, but that was not their best performance by far, I thought it felt fairly boring/mellow after Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace's set which had far more energy, imo of course. The musicianship may have been top notch, but that alone can't save a show, regardless of who is playing. (Sounds like some arguments on this board perhaps? :stunned:) I don't think I'm alone in that feeling - have some fun reading what others thought of the show here: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40849. (Varied opinions and some interesting comments re: Muse scattered through there as well). I think many of the people on the Coachella board are fairly well educated about music/music snobs so, whatever, there you go. That said, obv Gorillaz were still up against difficulties (missing guest artists, high winds that made them lower screens, etc) and they likely had to make some quick changes to their set. If you were there and enjoyed them good, but play nice as I'm sure you'd like others to do the same for you. Everyone's entitled to an opinion without being insulted. :)

Of course that's your opinion, as the former was hers. I like the Gorillaz, but that was not their best performance by far, I thought it felt fairly boring/mellow after Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace's set which had far more energy, imo of course. The musicianship may have been top notch, but that alone can't save a show, regardless of who is playing.

Word for word! Exactly. I just came over from Atoms for Peace, actually ran to the main stage to score a great spot for Gorillaz. I was pumped for the Gorillaz set, but it just failed to provide imo. Maybe my expectations were set a bit too high, but after being blown away by Fever Ray, Muse, Jonsi and Atoms for Peace, who were definite standouts from the weekend, could anyone blame me? They were a headliner. I'd assume they would perform like a headliner.

Videos are up now. The audio is pretty horrible. I didn't know it'd be this bad while recording up front, since my videos from Vegas came out ok soundwise. But it is fun to see the band interact with the crowd :p . And I apologize for some of my screaming. Most of the crowd around me was kind of lame/no energy, so I felt like a one woman cheer squad :LOL: And after waiting 7 hours for them to take stage, I kinda lost my mind :LOL:. But there were a couple others that tried to give energy as well. In no particular order:

Time is Running Out

Man with the Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Plug in Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

Star Spangled Banner + Interlude + Hysteria

Helsinki Jam

Unnatural Selection

It's not that unusual! I often see people spit on the pavement! It's gross and I'm not sure I understand it. But I suppose a singer can be forgiven.

As for his knees, he's probably just trying to prevent a previous scab reopening but, saying that, I think he is going to have to get to a point where he drops the knee slide. I don't think it's worth it, anyway.

I did not know Matt had scabby knees. :stunned: How's his bad back these days?

Arman, thanks for putting up all those reviews from the Coachella board, nice to hear/see that after always hearing from the naysayers. I loved them that night too. :) I love also that many of those reviewers were some of the jaded Coachella board types who had written Muse off and were won over by the performance... :D

• 3 months later...

A lovely taper in the community let me borrow his audio to update the audio on my vids from the show. So now they sound great and you don't need a hearing aid after watching it! :LOL: Although the video lost some quality after having to convert it from MOV. :(

Here's the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A636BF72798BF599

And here are some of the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGzip0orDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44xwXBskZA

Archived