Ugh, now I'm really thinking about going... a coworker/friend is also thinking about going. I'd change my flight out of Vegas on April 12 if I do decide to go. I used frequent flyer miles for that flight and the change fee is only $50 (I thought it'd be more!).

Ugh, now I'm really thinking about going... a coworker/friend is also thinking about going. I'd change my flight out of Vegas on April 12 if I do decide to go. I used frequent flyer miles for that flight and the change fee is only $50 (I thought it'd be more!).

that would be so cool! I would be very happy for you and would want to hear a rundown of the experience. speaking of fees, I guess all major USA airlines are charging for confirmed standby :eek: I guess American was the most recent to 'announce the change' but if I have already paid for my ticket, and they cancel my flight, it sure sounds like double-dipping to me :mad: but I'm just consumer cattle so what would I know ....

on another music fest note (was it mentioned already?) ...hearing that Lolla 2010 will get Matt's idol Lady Gaga (:D) and Green Day among others...

Anyone know if there will be a live stream of the festival online? If I can't be there, I atleast want to experience the music.

Yeah there's been webcasts the past 5 years or so. For the three headliners last year, they did show complete sets from The Killers and The Cure, and only the first hour of Paul McCartney's set. I'd assume Muse's full set will be webcast.

Yeah there's been webcasts the past 5 years or so. For the three headliners last year, they did show complete sets from The Killers and The Cure, and only the first hour of Paul McCartney's set. I'd assume Muse's full set will be webcast.

Thanks :happy:! Honestly, I'm more concerned about not catching the Gorillaz set, that's a live show more worth watching than the current Muse show, imo.

Thanks :happy:! Honestly, I'm more concerned about not catching the Gorillaz set, that's a live show more worth watching than the current Muse show, imo.

That should be interesting to see. From YouTube videos, looks like they did projections of animations in the past?

That should be interesting to see. From YouTube videos, looks like they did projections of animations in the past?

Mhm. The shows are very interesting. The big shows during the Demon Days tour used brightly colored backgrounds so they appeared as silhouettes on stage while the various collaborators played under normal stage light, it was so cool. I am so excited and can't wait to see what they'll do at Coachella. And maybe a return for Morgan on bass? :awesome:

Mhm. The shows are very interesting. The big shows during the Demon Days tour used brightly colored backgrounds so they appeared as silhouettes on stage while the various collaborators played under normal stage light, it was so cool. I am so excited and can't wait to see what they'll do at Coachella. And maybe a return for Morgan on bass? :awesome:

Dang, that means Morgan would be playing with two of the three headliners! Unless he decides to do a collabo with Jay-Z, hehe.

yeah waiting for the single day tickets, They have to sell the single day tickets in the day of the fest!

Do you think they will? :$ I really want to go on Sat to see Muse and a few other great bands, but I'm really worried it won't work out because of the single day crisis thing. If they don't sell single days, I won't be able to go at all, because I already have plans on Fri and Sun. :(

HEY!!! Are there any confirmed Coachella Musers who would be interested in sharing a camping spot and perhaps cruising in together? It would be really great to hang around with others of such fine music tastes.

We'll be a total of 2 people coming in from Boston, yes Boston, Massachusetts. We're still planning out flight details, but our tickets are bought and we are 110% going to be there.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? PM me!

HEY!!! Are there any confirmed Coachella Musers who would be interested in sharing a camping spot and perhaps cruising in together? It would be really great to hang around with others of such fine music tastes.

We'll be a total of 2 people coming in from Boston, yes Boston, Massachusetts. We're still planning out flight details, but our tickets are bought and we are 110% going to be there.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? PM me!

I will be there. I have purchased a ticket + camping spot + flight already. I am flying into Palm Springs on Wednesday and am going to spend the night there, but don't have a ride to the festival in Indio yet. I'm planning to take something called the Sun Line bus over there Thursday since it's supposedly only 1.00.

PM me if you want to share a campsite or something since I have one, but I'm coming alone from Austin, TX. This will be my second Coachella, went to the Rage Against the Machine year in 2007.

Last 2 times I saw Muse, I made these videos, which are quite popular:

Muse destroying at ACL Festival 2007:

Muse + Rage at Vegoose Festival 2007:

I will be there. I have purchased a ticket + camping spot + flight already. I am flying into Palm Springs on Wednesday and am going to spend the night there, but don't have a ride to the festival in Indio yet. I'm planning to take something called the Sun Line bus over there Thursday since it's supposedly only 1.00.

Received and responded.

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

28 more days!

There was a press release yesterday that Friday and SATURDAY's curfew has been extended to 1am. Don't think this would change anything for Muse's show but guess we'll have to see the schedule in the next 2-3 weeks.

Also, if any Musers are going to this and are camping, there is now a roller skating party within campgrounds every night (10pm-3am). :awesome:

Will Muse have their pillars? This will be my first Coachella so not sure about stage size and what not, also are there any buses that take you straight to Coachella from the airport for a fee? If not we are planning on renting a car and camping for sure.

God, amazing amazing line-up. Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, MGMT, Atoms for Peace, Them Crooked Vultures, She and Him, the Dead Weather, the XX, Grizzly Bear, a TON of bands I hear are very very good but I havent listened to yet, and not least of all, Muse. I was hoping really badly to find a way to go, but that would have been a miracle. Oh well. Hopefully ACL's lineup is at least half as good

Rent a car and camping is the way to go as

you can even sleep or bring your car in the camping area this year.

Camping, from what I hear, has always been a wonderful experience. I think I may be camping with another Muser from around here, which immediately makes the festival experience seem like something to look forward to more. I can geek out about Plug In Baby and jump around like a moron when we hear the first few notes of Matt screwing around with his strings.

Will Muse have their pillars? This will be my first Coachella so not sure about stage size and what not, also are there any buses that take you straight to Coachella from the airport for a fee? If not we are planning on renting a car and camping for sure.

The pillars stage setup is a lot for the festival stage. They would probably opt instead for the big background video screens (like what they had for the Big Day Out festival in New Zealand and Australia).

Cost-wise, go with camping, especially if you're going with a group. The festival this year is letting campers bring their cars to the campsite too. This will help out tremendously for possible stupid situations, such as accidentally forgetting the festival tickets or camera in the car.

Check up on their website for buses from LAX. ;)

http://www.coachella.com/event/Bus

Still waiting for them to release single day tix. Anyone heard any rumors as to when this may happen? I can't get the time off work for 3 days nor afford the ticket. This is the first time I can remember that they haven't done this from day one. Got my Tool tix a few years back right away.

Still waiting for them to release single day tix. Anyone heard any rumors as to when this may happen? I can't get the time off work for 3 days nor afford the ticket. This is the first time I can remember that they haven't done this from day one. Got my Tool tix a few years back right away.

I'm on the same boat as you buddy but I think we are hoping for a lost cause at this point.

Archived