Ticketmaster sells VIP upgrades.. I think it's like twice the cost of a normal ticket, so like $600 or something =/ They just let you into a couple special sidestage areas though, so I'm not even sure how good it would really be.

There's also all access passes which would probably be even better because then you could stroll around backstage yourself. But those aren't easy to come by either.

You can try.. every time I've gone we always joke that it's like Police Academy, because all the event staff people are really just like... i don't know.. locals.. or volunteers or something.. in either bright yellow and blue shirts... and they're all mostly incompetent (I blame blatant miscommunication between everyone). And if you get there early enough to line up you can just see dozens of them all walking across the fields to get set up at the same time. It's truly ridiculous. Your best bet would be to find a supervisor probably, they're the ones in the blue shirts generally.

Less than a week!

Bad news - In the past, Coachella has used AT&T Blue Room for webcasting the festival. That appears to have gone under... so instead they're using 5Gum on Facebook this year. And while they have 31 bands scheduled to be webcast, none of them are headlining acts. :(

Ah yeah, I got that e-mail from Coachella.

That blows, hard... :(

Is anyone planning on missing a night of the festival? If there were some way I could pay anyone for tickets to either Saturday or Sunday, that would be amazing. Hah........fat chance I guess

I may be. I'm actually going to try to get prorated tickets on Saturday because there's no way I could have gone Friday, so I am going to try to sell it on Sunday morning for anyone who's interested.

I may be. I'm actually going to try to get prorated tickets on Saturday because there's no way I could have gone Friday, so I am going to try to sell it on Sunday morning for anyone who's interested.

Oh so you might be able to sell your Sunday ticket then? And do you only have one?

There's no tickets to sell, everyone. A ticket you get from Ticketmaster is traded in at the festival for a wristband good for all three days. I don't know how it works if you show up day of show and just get a one day pass (if they're even offering it), but there's no tickets to sell or give people.

There's no tickets to sell, everyone. A ticket you get from Ticketmaster is traded in at the festival for a wristband good for all three days. I don't know how it works if you show up day of show and just get a one day pass (if they're even offering it), but there's no tickets to sell or give people.

Dang, I figured it would be this way. Ah well, Gorillaz and Muse will be back soon I hope :happy: And all the other awesome bands playing :(

Yes, but can't you sell the wristband while you're in the parking lot to anyone who might want it for a cheaper price? You might be able to slip it off, or just cut it and re-tape it.

Yes, but can't you sell the wristband while you're in the parking lot to anyone who might want it for a cheaper price? You might be able to slip it off, or just cut it and re-tape it.

Idk how they do it over there, but here when we get wristbands, they do them up tight enough so that you can't slip them off, and if they're tampered with in any way (ie, cut and taped up) then it'll be declared void, and whoever's wearing it won't be allowed back in.

Sunday sucks. Four acts I want to see, each at different venues, and they're all playing at the same effing time.

I know how that is! Such are the pros and cons of festivals...

I won't be attending, but my friend John has been going for several years and shared a "few" tips:

1. Water. Camelbak is my recommendation, someone with a backpack ...with a bunch of water bottles is the next best thing. Its not gonna be 100 degrees this year, but the crowd can trap you & you don't want to run out of water. I survived Bjork with less than half a bottle of water, it was amazing, but I pushed myself far. Also, a Misty Mate in a backpack works wonders in the heat.

2. Sahara tent at night. Be there. I missed most of the Sahara night fun & Justice. Big fail. Sahara has 360 degree sound and lasers. Best tent ever.

3, Sunscreen, lather up, it is needed. They did not let us in the gate with aerosol sunscreen spray either, good to know.

4. Bring your own party. Alcohol, smokes, whatever. You can leave the campsite area with your car, although I don't know about the car camping aspect now. Not gonna guarantee that.

5. Go crazy, the crowds do there more than any other fest that I've seen. Let it all out. Coachella comes once a year.

6. Bathrooms: Unless you are excellent at hovering, anti bacterial bathroom wipes and baby wipes are your friends. One of the worst Port-O's I've ever seen was at the Coachella campgrounds.

7. Earplugs: The Coachella speakers seem to be louder than other fests, or maybe it just dulled me afterwards. I recommend a pair of hi-fi earplugs like etymotic from guitar center and some cheap throw away earplugs. It's loud, you've been warned.

8. Coachella grass is the bomb and walking around barefoot is great, but I was pissing off the girl behind me because I kept stepping on her toes in flip flops in the trash compacted Bjork crowd. Toe protection in a mad dancing or trash compacted crowd is necessary. Its not their fault your feet aren't protected.

9. Shade: If you put your tent under an Ez-Up with sides thats the best bet. Having a shaded area to chill under after waking up is necessary. You will have a few hours to kill from when the sun heats up your tent like an oven until Coachella begins.

10. Drinking, not highly advisable during the day in the desert. It was retarded hot in 2007 & I only drank one beer inside the fest all weekend. Wait until night time.

Setlist times are up!

http://www.coachella.com/event/set-times

Muse goes on the main stage at 9:35pm - 11:05pm.

Isn't it a bit STRANGE that there's 50 MINUTES between the end of Faith No More and the start of Muse? Or 35 MINUTES between the end of Muse and the start of Tiesto? Think they'll have something of a special stage spectacle? Could they really set the towers up that fast? Something is afoot. :shifty:

Sunday's weird too that Thom Yorke is basically playing to a silent Coachella for the first half hour of his set.

*edit - and definitely sold out...

Coachella festival sold out

Bruce Fessier • The Desert Sun • April 12, 2010

The 11th Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has officially sold out, it was announced today.

Promoter Paul Tollett of the Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice company said no single or three-day passes will be available at the box office for the festival running Friday through Sunday at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

In addition, no three-day passes will be pro-rated for people only attending the Saturday or Sunday mix of indie rock, hip-hop and other genres of popular music.

Camping passes were already sold out.

The city of Indio issued a permit for Goldenvoice to admit up to 85,000 people a day for the festival, but Tollett said he’s cutting off attendance at 75,000 people a day.

The projected three-day total of 225,000 people is 65,000 more people than last year’s sold-out festival, but Tollett said Goldenvoice leased more land for this year’s event, so the additional attendance shouldn’t make the festival seem more crowded.

In-and-out privileges are being offered for the first time this year, so between a likely party scene in the expanded camping area and fewer people coming and going on Saturday, Tollett said he’s expecting an enhanced three-day festival experience.

Coachella is being headlined by Jay-Z on Friday, Muse on Saturday and Gorillaz on Sunday.

1. Water. Camelbak is my recommendation, someone with a backpack ...with a bunch of water bottles is the next best thing. Its not gonna be 100 degrees this year, but the crowd can trap you & you don't want to run out of water. I survived Bjork with less than half a bottle of water, it was amazing, but I pushed myself far. Also, a Misty Mate in a backpack works wonders in the heat.

Camelpacks are not allowed inside! :(

http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq (6th line down)

Archived