I love those parts too, but it's very easy to remove them, and it wouldn't have the same effect as removing something from the middle of a song.

You asked why the idea of a Resistance radio edit is so disturbing to some people and that's the reason why. For some people a radio edit means butchering the song whatever parts you end up removing.

NOOO! I don't care what people say, I actually bloody love this song, and I don't want it overplayed by fucking XFM, especially 'cos they'll kill it with some shoddy Radio edit that gets rid of the best bits - the intro and outro! :( AHH Why!?!!

To top it all off, there most likely won't even be any fucking b-sides, as the theme of this album-era-singles is to have utterly shite releases - just remixes and only ONE proper hard copy single at the mo. The album's been out for months, Warner should be making more of an effort with shit like this.

I don't usually care much about singles, but The Resistance era ones are a bit pants, tbh. The only good thing was the Uprising artwork, so far. And now, one of my fave tracks from this album is gonna get crapped on with overplay(= overkill), rubbish remixes, and very little imagination, I'm sure. *le sigh*

Soz, that's the end of my rant, lol.

Here's teh linky:

The Resistance instrumentals

;)

I can't remember where I got mine from but they're on Muselive:

http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=1749758#1749758

I don't know if these are the same quality though..

Thanks!

I actually have an idea where they're from... Probably the same place where I got soaked and the Exo instrumental I just never bothered checking the others.

you know what i realised.. the sticker on the pre order resistance says it includes the 3 singles... well it doesn't say singles but it was always gonna be those ones..

eww at resistance though.. dont like that song much, is it really gonna win them any fans?

It hadn't appeared already. It was on stickers for the album though so I think most of us guessed it would be this. Many of us were deep down hoping that Muse would have the balls to release something not so obvious.

i wonder if they could get away with running the womens races at the olympics yet...

Cause it's the radio safe choice as opposed to releasing Exogenesis?

Cause Exo Genesis is radio friendly perharps ?

Resistance is the perfect choice, it s a rock song at heart, far less cheesy than starlight, invincible or UD....

Every single band in the world would release it as a single....

As much as I love MK Ultra, it's definitively not made to get played on radio, just lyrically wise.

Exactly. I don't know why releasing Resistance shows that Muse have 'no balls'? :LOL:

Not no balls, just a lack of...ball-age. They know that MK Ultra is the heavier rock track that fans love but they also know that Resistance will make them more money and that it's probably the label's choice. Unfortunately new Muse go for the latter, old Muse I'm not so sure. :(

Not no balls, just a lack of...ball-age. They know that MK Ultra is the heavier rock track that fans love but they also know that Resistance will make them more money and that it's probably the label's choice. Unfortunately new Muse go for the latter, old Muse I'm not so sure. :(

And fans would still complain when the single didn't chart well.

I hope that MK is the next single but I really don't know why people are suprised and dissapointed that Resistance is a single.

EDIT: Also 'old' Muse released Feeling Good as a single for Chists sake.

Srsly why is it such a big deal which song is chosen as a single? (apart from the fact that it gives the track the status of setlist staple :LOL: ) I agree that it sucks to see the best part of a song butchered to fit the edit (in this case the intro and outro are likely to be sacrificed on the altar of radio) but let's face we can still listen to the album version.

Imo the only thing exciting about Muse singles was not the A but the B-sides and the anticipation of what unreleased song or live version was going to be included and we all know that thrill is gone.

They could have released Uprising live in Teignmouth and Popcorn as b-side but obviously didn't. I am really puzzled as why they have chosen to go down the remix route... it's not like they don't know how popular their b-sides are... I mean they even joked that it is all we would want if we were given power over the setlist! :LOL:

The old Muse picked the most radio-friendly songs on Origin. :erm:

Resistance is a good song, and it's a great choice for a single. Either MK Ultra or Unnatural Selection will probably be the next single, so I don't see what the problem is.

Archived